|PATTY McFERREN-BLANTON & JR BLANTON (#47369283)|
| || member for 3 years, 8 months, 26 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
<---Click on photo to read caption.|
THE URGENCY: Acid rain and mold are devastating inscriptions on cemetery memorials! If we don't photographically record memorials before they become illegible, the final resting places of these loved ones will be lost forever!
TRANSFERS TO RELATIVES & FRIENDS: 372
TRANSFER OF MEMORIALS: If you wish to "adopt" any of our memorials, please click on the "EDIT" tab and leave a message. We will make it happen! Nobody can treasure a memorial like a loved one or friend!
PHOTOS AVAILABLE. You need NO permission to copy ANY of OUR photos. We took these photos to share with YOU! Note: Other contributors may require THEIR permission to copy THEIR photos.
OUR SERVICE: J.R. is an Army Vietnam Veteran (1965-1968), with 400 days in-country with 1st Logistical Command, 627th Supply Company (Leaning Outhouse) serving in An Khe, Qui Nhon, Pleiku, Cam Rahn, Saigon, Long Bien and DaNang. We retired (after 82 combined years of Federal Service) from the VA Hospital at Oteen, Asheville, NC. PattyB served 38 of her 43 years,5 months and 3 days with DoD/VA, and J.R. served 24 of his 38 years with DoD/VA.
- Jan Rupp (J.R.) Blanton was born as PAUL BROWN in Portsmouth, Scioto, OH. He was one of the 1st set of triplets born at Portsmouth Hospital in 1946! He and his surviving sister (one died at 6 months) were adopted by Doctor Chester M. and Frances (Mi) Blanton of Harlan County, KY. He later became team physician for the Kentucky Wildcats! J.R. was named after Coach Adolph Rupp! He was raised in Paducah, KY and later lived in Virginia and North Carolina.
- PattyB has roots in Washington, D.C., Virginia, North Carolina, Venango County, PA, Franklin Co., PA; Kilbehenny, County Limerick, Ireland; Scotland, and possibly Antrim, Northern Ireland.
- The Blantons have been married 29 years, and have 16 grandchildren together!
OTHER THINGS WE DO:
- We are in our 20th year in Pigeon Valley Bassmasters, Canton, NC. We fish bass tournaments in NC, SC, northeast GA, & southeastern TN. PattyB is Club Secretary. J.R. is Conservation Chairman. We've picked up over 11,000 lbs. of litter/recycles at every lake fished since 2004!
OUR EXERCISE PROGRAM:
-We bowl twice-a-week, participate in bowling tournaments, and enjoy hitting golf balls when we find the time!
- 2014 was our 4th year of Senior Games in Brevard, NC, where we won a total of 19 medals. At 2013 NC State Finals, PattyB won the "Triple Crown;" that is, gold, silver & bronze for spincasting, basketball shooting and football throw. JR won bronze in bowling doubles!
- We take two dogs, two cats, two birds and two of every kind in the fish tank with us on our fishing trips in "Arkie," the camper!
WHY WE DO THIS! We are looking for the graves of veterans. We have a special place in our hearts for active duty military & veterans! They fought (and some died) for us. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13. "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their Nation." (quoted, President George Washington, 1789).
TO FIND A GRAVE CONTRIBUTORS: Thank you, profusely, for helping others find the final resting places of their loved ones. It is time well spent!
|Find A Grave Friends|
4losthistory, Aaron Bridley, Aaron John Turn..., Al, Alan Lathrop, Alan Lathrop, Aleta Stafford, Alex , Allan L Winger, Amy Caddell, andringa, Angi Weast King, ann, Ann Bowler, Ann Ono Mouse, Ann Young, Anna , Anna O'Quinn Ri..., Anne Cady, Annette Plemmon..., [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for PATTY McFERREN-... (1)||[Leave Message]|
|Lorraine Lambert||How you doing???|
Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you both are okay and doing fine, and enjoying the summer, which is passing too fast. Starting Saturday, please hold all e-mails. Want be working on Find A Grave for a while.
Have a great week-in.
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service