| || member for 6 years, 5 months, 17 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
I welcome corrections, updates, links, and additional information on my memorials. |
Thanks to the photographers who go out in the cold and heat to get photographs of stones for us all. Findagrave couldn't exist without the 'boots on the ground' folks.
The lines I look for are Worsham and Moody on my mother's side, O'Quinn, Summers, Rentz and Kinard on my father's side.
I have added some grave photos. They aren't the best; please let me know if you have a better photo to post and I will gladly delete mine.
|Find A Grave Friends|
agagee, Alice Miles, Allan Brennan, Ann, Ann Kent, Ann Parkinson, Anne Branch Rac..., Annette Foster ..., Annette Plemmon..., AnnGel [><], Barbara Lehman, BarbaraArdisCok..., bernice rudder, Bill Foster (W...., bioengineer, Charles, Charles, Christina, clarence ryan, Courtney Jones, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for Anna (1128)||[Leave Message]|
|Anonymous||John Kalvin Shuman|
This isn't Carol. I am related to some of the family that stems out from those in the Edgefield, Winnsboro, Columbia area mostly, that immigrated down from NC around the Salisbury area. The Shuman family spread out over both Carolinas. My GGGreatfather was John A. Shuman buried in Salisbury, NC. I have been trying to connect a lot of the Shuman family from way way back. I will temp transfer this one if you want to add some more, but would really like to keep my Shumans together when possible to always work on them and connect them.
|Anonymous||John Shuman 96259051|
Hi, I would really rather keep my Shuman family name, but would be happy to add anything to the bio.
|Alan & Suzanne (Wheaton) Sanborn||RE: Photos at Bonaventure!|
Hi Anne, We just moved back to Savannah after 32 years. Was surprised that no one in the area takes pictures. It was wonderful weather. We still have a few more to complete, unfortunately a rain storm came in. Suzanne
|Carmen Thompson||Joann Tidwell|
Thank you for providing a photo for the memorial of Joann Tidwell.
|BjJ||RE: Francena Coleman Plough|
You're quite welcome. And thank YOU for sending the parent links! :)
Added by BjJ on Dec 26, 2016 8:14 PM
|Andrew Holstein||RE: Wait.....which Greenwood Cemetery?|
|Andrew Holstein||RE: Greenwood cemetery|
Doubtful. It was an unorganized mess.
|Andrew Holstein||Greenwood Cemetary Request|
Please find out as much info as you can about the location of the stone. I was there today 12/23/2016 and it was tough to find stones. There wasn't an office or anyone on the property and for some reason all of the street/lot signs were painted over in black. I will try again another time.
|Richard H. L. Chichester, III||RE: Percival family|
I'm afraid I have found no biographic info on this family, but understand there are family letters which have been collected in the following book:
~"Letters; Collected and Edited by Mary C. Simms Oliphant, Volume 5"; William Gilmore Simms; University of South Carolina Press, 1956.
I drew my information from the following:
Posted by John Howell on Friday, January 1, 2010
Dr. Samuel Percival, b, 5/31/1781, received land in 1842 on Gills and Big Jackson Creeks. He married Charlote E. Marshall. His son Gaillard Percival, b, 1830, was living as a farmer in the 1900 census in Center Township on the now Ft. Jackson land. Gaillard was also found in Richland County in the 1850 census. Gaillard married Mary McDonald and had seven children. Land owned by the Percivals near Ft. Jackson is being farmed today by the Monroe family Percival descendants. The following is some of the information I have on Dr. Percival's family.
1. Lt. James Percival, Sr., b. Feb. 1614, VA, d. Aft. 19 Jan 1689, Saconessett, MA.; m. Mary (Rainsford) Bassett, b. 1 Jun 1632, Boston, MA, d. 12 Apr 1694, Sandwich, Barnstable, MA.
2. James Percival, Jr., b. 18 Jan 1671, Sandwich, Barnstable, MA, d. 19 May 1738, East Haddam, CT,; m. Abigail Robinson, b. 20 Mar 1673, Falmouth, Barnstable, MA, d. Aft 1728, East Haddam, CT.
3. Capt. John Percival, b 17 Oct 1706, East Haddam, Middlesex, CT, d. 14 Sept 1786, E. Haddam Middlesex Co., CT.; m. Hannah Whitmore, b. 11 Sept 1711, Middletown, Middlesex Co., CT, d. 2 May 1803, East Haddam, Middlesex Co., CT.
4. Dr. Francis Percival, b. 7 Aug 1743, East Haddam, Middlesex, CT, d. 16 Nov 1823, Somers, Tolland Co., CT.; m. Miriam Chapman, b. 2 Mar 1749, East Haddam, Middlesex Co., CT, d. 20 Mar 1837, Somers, Tolland Co., CT.
5. Dr. Samuel Percival, b. 31 May 1781, East Haddam, Middlesex Co., CT, d. 30 Dec 1848, Columbia, SC.; m. Charlotte Eleanor Marshall, b. 1795 Charleston, SC, d. 13 Mar 1864, Columbia, SC. Both are bu. Trinity Episcopal Church Cemetery.
Children of Dr. Samuel Percival and Charlotte Eleanor Marshall:
1. Dr. Willilam Francis Percival, b. 18 Dec 1814, Columbia, SC, d. 16 May 1872, Aiken, SC.
2. Charlotte Marshall Percival, 24 Dec 1814, Columbia, d. 26 Mar 1899, Columbia, SC.
3. Theodore Marshall Percival, 1817, Columbia, SC, Bet. 1874 - 1880, SC.
4. Clarence A. Percival, b. 1818, d. 5 Jan 1835, Columbia, SC.
5. Edward Samuel Percival, b. 1820, d. 31 Dec 1891, Columbia, SC.
6. Spencer Louis Percival, b. 22 Nov 1821, Spring Bank Plantation, Columbia, SC, d. 13 Feb 1904, York Co., SC.
7. Gaillard Percival, b. Mar 1830, Richland Co., SC, d. 2 Feb 1902, Richland Co., SC.
8. Carrie Eleanor Percival, b. 9 Feb 1832, Columbia, SC, d. 20 Dec 1897, Columbia, SC.
9. Frederick Habershaw Percival, b. 1838, Columbia, SC, d. 21 Nov 1885, Columbia, SC.
10. Neville N. Percival, b. 1824, d. 15 Aug 1896, Columbia, SC.
I hope this helps.
|Ken Jernigan||Lila Mae Rowell Hoffman/Huffman|
The headstone for Ms. Hoffman/Huffman has her dates of birth/death. There is also another listing in findagrave that has her name as HUFFMAN. You may want to check this out.
Rev. Ken Jernigan
Calvary Baptist Church
|[View all messages...]|