| || member for 4 years, 11 months, 13 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
For questions msg. me,include a contact e-mail separate from this site.|
Click my cem photos for all info concerning them. I try for best pics/info/updates. If you post this credit this source. Thank you.
*All memorial photos have permission to be used for general purposes w/proper credit using this member number. Thank you.
*Individual photographs NO permission being from various family collections. Photos I add courtesy of others do NOT have permission.
Should you find anything of interest e-mail me separate from this site. Info received for all posts will be credited and dated/updated unless requesting not to be identified.
If I missed any THANK YOU'S for those helping me w/my southern search please know it's unintentional and very much appreciated!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
Schuylkill & Columbia Co. CEMS PHOTOGRAPHED IN *ENTIRETY OR EVERYTHING TO BE FOUND, AND/OR MARKED CURRENT AS OF 6/2015 INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BICKEL'S/REED'S-private (some land POSTED, little-no maintenance, preserved), Ashland*
2. CITIZEN, Ashland*, (some maintenance yearly), current.
3. DEEP CREEK RD.-marked private, it is assoc. w/Church of Christ in Christian Union, Weishample*, current
4. NEW ST. MAURITIUS AKA GERMAN CATHOLIC, Ashland*, current
5. GREEN'S FARM-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
6. IOOF, Centralia, Columbia Co.*, current
7. KLASE-private (POSTED Enforced, not maintained yearly), Ashland*
8. McINTYRE, Catawissa, Columbia Co.
9. NEW ST. JOSEPH, Ashland*, current
10. SCHEUREN'S FIELD-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve, hunting area), Lavelle*
11. WEIKEL'S-private (POSTED Enforced, lies w/in Hunting area, not maintained, heavily overgrown), Cameron, Northumberland Co.*
12. YARNELL'S-semi private, Weishample*, current
13. ZION LUTHERAN AKA LUTHERAN, (Altamont section) Frackville*, current
14. OLD ST. MAURITIUS, Ashland-all transcriptions by Schuylkill Vital Records to 1989-completed.
**NOTE: Check NEW St. Mauritius, Ashland before making posts for St. Mauritius Cemetery. Many already up, most likely to be in newer cem. Try to determine this if possible first.
15. OLD ST. JOSEPH, Ashland-going over SVR transcriptions up to 1989 for this cem as I can. NOTE: Same applies-Please check your entries to make sure they are correct to avoid duplicates.
16. IOOF AKA "WILDCAT", Girardville*-SVR transcriptions, pics completed.
17. (OLD) ST. JOSEPH, Girardville-(POSTED-Enforced). This cem is highly overgrown on hillside, in bad general condition due to age, neglect, weather, vandalism. Pics up document it's current state. Possible duplicates due to described damage. Plots w/out markers put up as such & repeated efforts made to identify. May be the ONLY thing left as nature has taken it back. Abandoned. Burial locations listed from visual ID and/or cem burial transcripts taken from original records.
18. ST. IGNATIUS, Centralia, Columbia Co. Newer section (north).
19. CHURCH OF GOD, Weishample, *Check entries, some have shown up in SALEM UNITED BRETHREN cem up the road that belong here. They're very close same side of rd.
21. (NEW) HOLY ROSARY, (Englewood section) Frackville-western/new side cem only
22. ANNUNCIATION B.V.M., (Englewood Section) Frackville *Burials could show up in St. Vincent-St. Louis, others in Englewood, didn't org. have it's own land but is Catholic.
23. Ss. PETER & PAUL'S POLISH (of St. Clair), at Port Carbon. All pics courtesy of J. Vaughn.
24. ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN, Middleport-partial
*My pics are TRUE to locations. I know my area well being born and raised here. If I can help someone I will try my best, just ask.
**NOTE: Check entries before posting for following CEMS in ENGLEWOOD section of FRACKVILLE, these include:
1. St. Vincent DePaul of Girardville
2. St. Louis/Our Lady of Siluva of Maizeville
3. New Holy Rosary, Maizeville/Frackville
4. *Old/New St. Joseph of Frackville
Many associated w/the "Foot patches/towns/sections" of Mahanoy Plane & Gilberton-incl. Ducktown, Long Row, Maizeville, Cork(town), Powder Mill, Powder House, Quality Hill, Boston Run, Suffolk, Wiggans, Vulcan, Patriotic Hill, Ellen Gowen, Yatesville, Bowmans, Maple Hill, St. Nicholas, all located at "the foot" of Frackville mt. extending from Girardville to Mahanoy City-Shenandoah; Girardville and it's sections/patches of Galway Hill, Wildcat(Run), Preston Hill, Connerton (aka Connor's Patch-Upper & Lower), High Rd., Fingerboard, Colorada/o, Rappahannock, Hunters Patch, Beatty's Patch, Seitzsinger's, Newtown, Slabtown, Reading Station, Corcoran E. Patch. This does NOT incl. Lost Creek 1 & 2, Smokey Hollow Patch village, Deansville/Dean's Patch, William Penn, W. Wm. Penn, Raven Run, Brownsville (Upper & Lower), others located between Girardville and Shenandoah; Weston(Place), Shenandoah Heights, Turkey Run, but can't rule them out. SOME PATCHES NO LONGER EXIST due to extensive mining. Names added as found. Also Homesville/Holmesville, Big Mine Run between Ashland & Girardville not ruled out. Oakland (Ave.), Little Mine Run, Riley Row, The Bricks-sections of Ashland, Woodland Heights-sec. of BMR/Ashland. -Many of these places are falling into St. Joseph's, Girardville.
Best to check ALTAMONT section, Frackville of OLD H.R. & OLD St. Joe's, FIRST for burials from THESE CHURCHES, then Englewood. There are other CEMS located in ENGLEWOOD section, these get most attention, as does Annunciation BVM.
2014: Info for Old & New St. Joseph Cems of Frackville-BOTH located in ENGLEWOOD, as is NEW H.R. Cemetery. Only OLD Holy Rosary located in Altamont.
BOTH O.H.R./Old St. Joseph TRANSCRIBED as located in Altamont by SVR-any burial locations for memorials listed by me for Altamont taken from SVR, pics true to location.
*Finally a THANK YOU to those who supply the info and get me out when I can-All things Schuylkill: Schuylkill Vital Records (SVR), Joanne Vaughn, Peggy Scully & L. Merritt, CARETAKERS, local residents, friends, Historical Societies, libraries, churches, f/g, anyone willing to share info or tag along w/me. Beth, Carrie, Wendy & Robert Miller w/all things Columbia, Northumberland Co's. Terry, Laura and Emily for their INVALUABLE help w/southern searches! Joan, Mike, Lorraine, southern cems, pics. Others who have helped you are NOT forgotten-THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
All other kindnesses regarding transfers of family members and information supplied-THANK YOU!!!
*AS OF JULY 1, 2015: ST. JOSEPH, ST. MAURITIUS OF ASHLAND; ST. JOSEPH, ST. VINCENT DE PAUL OF GIRARDVILLE; OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNCIL OF GORDON, WILL CONSOLIDATE INTO THE NEW ST. CHARLES BORROMEO PARISH LOCATED AT ST. JOSEPH ASHLAND. CONCLUDES ACTION BY ALLENTOWN DIOCESE SINCE 2008 AFFECTING 32 SCHUYLKILL CO. CHURCHES.
*NOTE: Birth/death listings for Ashland Miner's Hosp., Fountain Springs Hosp., Ashland Hospital, Ashland State/General, Ashland Regional Medical Center, St. Catherine's M.C. are all SAME hospital, now closed & is a Ft. Springs listing. Edits made as rec'd.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Alton Brown, Amy Fitzgerald, Autumn, Betsy Caposell, Bev, Brady Kerr, Buddy, Cheryl & Richar..., Christine Carah..., Cindy Allman, D C McJonathan-..., Deb, DonZas, dora brown, Emily, Find A Grave, Frank & Lillian, gleebigg, Goldeneagle, Hope, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for J.G.B. (294)||[Leave Message]|
Thank you. You could also try Angelus. 907 344 1311
|Charles Schmidt||RE: Augusta Buchspies|
Thanks for sending it. It was much appreciated, and I had not found the church record before, so that was a nice fringe benefit.
Thank you for the transfer! :-)
Added by xiola23 on Apr 28, 2016 5:28 PM
|Charles Schmidt||Augusta Buchspies|
Thanks for the heads up on Augusta in the church records. Her death certificate says Fountain Springs, so I don't think she was moved, but was buried in Christ Church Cemetery originally. I did some looking and I think that, in some cases at least, the church record is actually listing residence instead of burial place. For instance, Frederick Schrepple, across the page from Augusta and also her son-in-law, also says Germanville, where he lived, despite the fact that he's buried next to her in Fountain Springs.
Thank you so very much for the photo of Andrew and Elizabeth's memorial. My husband is very appreciative, as he has been researching his family.
|Tom Peralta||RE: Photo of Elizabeth Meyer|
If you did transfer them to me, would I be able to apply supporting data such as parents and siblings? If so, I would be able to add all those details. So, if it isn't difficult for you to transfer them, I'd be happy to maintain them.
|Tom Peralta||RE: Photo of Elizabeth Meyer|
I appreciate the offer, but I would not be interested in the transfers. You already do an outstanding job :), and thanks for all your hard work, it benefits so many folks!
|Tom Peralta||RE: Photo of Elizabeth Meyer|
I understand where it is now. I studied the satellite photo with your description.
Since it seems you wander the graveyards of the Ashland area, I'd appreciate you letting me know if you ever come across a grave for Anna Owens (nee Becker).
She was my Great Great Grandmother. She was the mother of Elizabeth Meyer whose grave you photographed for me. She is the one person in the family tree who is lost to time. Anna's husband John W Owens died in 1927, and was buried in My Carmel at St. Mary's Cemetery.
Anna was born about 1859 and died between 1889 and 1900. More likely between January 24, 1889 and December 31, 1893. She likely died in the Lost Creek/Ashland area.
|Tom Peralta||Photo of Elizabeth Meyer|
Thank you very much for taking the photo of Elizabeth Meyer's grave site. I would never be able to locate it on my own. Is the grave in the large graveyard area up by Pioneer Tunnel in Ashland? I see that online in a satellite photo.
Thanks so much again for taking the time to do this.
|jcknecht||Thanks so very much|
Thanks so much for the photo of Thomas Lovell's grave. I have taken the liberty of linking Thomas to his wife and father, Elias Lovell, my wife's great grandfather. I have also added his wife's maiden name, Spaeder, to her page. Documentation for this name can be found on my Ancestry.com page for her at http://person.ancestry.com/tree/68746179/person/48440306270/facts. Her Social Security application lists her father as Spaeder and her death certificate lists her husband as Thomas Lovell.
Added by jcknecht on Apr 20, 2016 3:10 AM
|[View all messages...]|