| || member for 3 years, 29 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
For questions msg. me and include a contact e-mail account seperate from this site.|
Click cemetery photo posts of mine for all info concerning them. I try to get the best possible pics/info up for and seperating cems which run together. Occasional updates made. If you post this info credit the source. Thank you.
*All memorial photos have permission to be used for general purposes but should be given proper credit. That's why I take them but do not rip them, claim them as your own. Thank you.
*Individual photographs NO permission being from various family collections. Photos I add courtesy of others do NOT have permission. Please respect this. Any information that can be added to my family listings, usually marked w/flowers, (as are some friends) is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Should you find anything of interest e-mail me seperate from this site. *Info received for all posts here will be credited and dated/updated unless requesting not to be identified. Sources not affiliated with f/g will not be ID'd unless requesting it for privacy.
Esp. looking for families of Walter A. and Nora B. Hall Brown, starting places: NC, SC, TN, VA, others associated w/both families. If I missed any THANK YOU'S for those helping me w/my southern search please know it's unintentional and very much appreciated!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
CEMS PHOTOGRAPHED IN *ENTIRETY OR EVERYTHING TO BE FOUND, AND/OR CURRENT AS OF 6/2014 INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BICKEL'S/REED'S-private (some land POSTED, little-no maintenance), Ashland*
2. CITIZEN, Ashland*, (some maintance yearly), current
3. DEEP CREEK RD.-marked private, it is assoc. w/Church of Christ in Christian Union, Weishample*, current
4. NEW ST. MAURITIUS AKA GERMAN CATHOLIC, Ashland*, current
5. GREEN'S FARM-private (POSTED enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
6. IOOF, Centralia, Columbia Co.*, current
7. KLASE-private (POSTED enforced, not maintained yearly), Ashland*
8. McINTYRE, Catawissa, Columbia Co.*, current
9. NEW ST. JOSEPH, Ashland*, current
10. SCHEUREN'S FIELD-private (POSTED enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
11. WEIKEL'S-private (POSTED enforced, lies w/in Hunting area, not maintained, heavily overgrown), Cameron, Northumberland Co.*
12. YARNELL'S-semi private, Weishample*, current
13. ZION LUTHERAN AKA LUTHERAN, (Altamont section)Frackville*, current
14. OLD ST. MAURITIUS, Ashland-all transcriptions by Schuylkill Vital Records to 1989-completed.
**NOTE: Check NEW St. Mauritius AKA German Catholic, Ashland before making posts for St. Mauritius Cemetery. Many are already up, most likely to be in newer cem. Please try to determine this if possible first. Thank you.
15. OLD ST. JOSEPH, Ashland-going over SVR transcriptions up to 1989 for this cem as I can. **NOTE: Same applies to this cem-Please check your entries to make sure they are correct to avoid duplicates. Thank you.
16. IOOF AKA "WILDCAT", Girardville*-SVR transcriptions, photos completed, current.
17. (OLD) ST. JOSEPH, Girardville-(POSTED-enforced). This cem is highly overgrown on hillside, in bad general condition due to age, neglect, weather, vandalism. Pics up document cem in it's current state. Possible duplicate posts due to described damage. Plots w/out markers put up as such. More than likely that may be the ONLY thing left as nature has taken it back. Not maintained. If you have any help to offer please do! Thank you.
18. ST. IGNATIUS, Centralia, Columbia Co. Newer section complete (north).
19. CHURCH OF GOD, Weishample*, current *Check entries, some have shown up in SALEM UNITED BRETHREN cem up the road from this one that belong here. They are very close same side of rd.
21. (NEW) HOLY ROSARY, (Englewood section) Frackville-western/new side cem only*, current
22. ANNUNCIATION B.V.M.,(Englewood Section)Frackville*, current
23. Ss. PETER & PAUL'S POLISH (of St. Clair), at Port Carbon*, current. All photos courtesy of J. Vaughn.
24. ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN, Middleport-partial
*My pics are TRUE to locations. I will not pull any of my entries that are placed *Correctly First after making the effort of actual FOOTWORK, editing, etc. to post them. (This is directed at some who refuse to move or delete duplicates). I know my area well being born and raised here. If I can help someone w/locations, names of older places I will, just ask.
**NOTE: Check entries before posting for following CEMS in ENGLEWOOD section of FRACKVILLE, these include:
1. St. Vincent DePaul of Girardville
2. St. Louis/Our Lady of Siluva of Maizeville
3. New Holy Rosary, Maizeville/Frackville
4. *Old/New St. Joseph of Frackville
Many associated w/the "Foot patch towns" of Mahanoy Plane, Gilberton, Maizeville, Cork(town), poss. Boston Run, Powder Mill Rd., all located at "the foot" of Frackville mt.; Girardville and it's sections/patches of Wildcat(Run), Preston Hill, Connerton (aka Connor's Patch) incl. Fingerboard sec., Colorada/o, Rappahannock, Hunters Patch. This does NOT incl. Lost Creek 1 & 2, Smokey Hollow Patch village, Deansville, William Penn, Raven Run, Brownsville, others located between Girardville and Shenandoah; Weston(Place), Wiggans, Shenandoah Heights, Vulcan, but can't rule out the odd one. SOME PATCHES NO LONGER EXIST due to extensive mining. I add names as I find them.
Best to check ALTAMONT section, Frackville of OLD H.R. & OLD St. Joe's, Zion's-Lutheran FIRST for burials from THESE CHURCHES, then Englewood. There are other CEMS located in ENGLEWOOD section, these get the most attention.
*UPDATE! 1/2014: Info for Old & New St. Joseph Cems of Frackville-BOTH located in ENGLEWOOD as stated by parish office, as is NEW H.R. Cemetery. Only OLD Holy Rosary at Altamont.
BOTH O.H.R./Old St. Joseph TRANSCRIBED as located in Altamont by SVR-any burial locations for memorials listed by me for Altamont taken from SVR, photos still true to location.
*Finally a THANK YOU to those who supply the info and get me out when I can-All things Schuylkill: Schuylkill Vital Records (SVR), Joanne Vaughn, Peggy Scully-(esp. for St. Joseph, Girardville), CARETAKERS, local residents & friends, historical societies & libraries, churches, f/g, and anyone willing to share info or tag along w/me. Beth, Carrie & Wendy w/all things Columbia, Northumberland Co's.
Terry and Emily for their INVALUABLE help w/southern searches!! Joan, southern cems, pics.
All other kindnesses reguarding transfers of family members and information supplied-THANK YOU!!!
CURRENTLY NOT DOING PHOTOGRAPHS, EDITS & CORRECTIONS MADE AS REC'D. THANK YOU.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Alton Brown, Amy Fitzgerald, Autumn, Bev, Buddy, Cindy Allman, D C McJonathan-..., Deb, DonZas, Emily, Frank & Lillian, gleebigg (inact..., Goldeneagle, HuntCoTx (inact..., James Hill, Joanne Gross Va..., Joe Nihen, Josh Myers, Kathi Shuler, Ken - TN (inact..., [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for J.G.B. (191)||[Leave Message]|
|Terry||Miriam Elizabeth Monroe|
Sent in a wrong Maiden name correction. You should get two. Last name was "Dyer" not Kehler. Thanks. Hope all is well.
Added by Terry on Jun 27, 2014 6:31 PM
|Jane Hamilton||Hechler headstone|
Went back and see that you added the headstone to the Hechler site long ago, before it was transferred to me.
Thank you for submitting it.
|Jane Hamilton||RE: Photos...Hechkler|
Thank you, but what would I put as submitter?
Just your initials or that and Find A Grave number? I have not done this before.
|Jane Hamilton||Hechler headstone|
I would like permission to copy the headstone of Michael (1872-1923 and Sarah (1875-1945)Hechler to my ancestry family tree. Thank you, Jane
Would appreciate consideration of transfer of August Schneider and his wife Maria to me if not related to you. They are my 3rd great grandparents.
I appreciate you putting this up because if not for you I would have not known where they were buried. Thank you for all you do!
I very much appreciate your fulfilling my request for a photo of Perry Weikel's grave.
All the best,
|Judy in Ocala||Margaret Cress|
Thank you so much for the photograph of Margaret Cress's grave. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to locate and photo this stone. You are most appreciated!
Added by sharyn on May 25, 2014 5:54 AM
|James Dougherty Jr||St Joseph's in girardville|
The descriptions is accurate, my great great grand parents are buried in this cemetery. We went up ther last summer (2013) The cemetery is over grown with trees and shrubs. The center of the cemetery has a wooden stair set of railroad ties but most are rotted. many sink holes all around. The top of the cemetery is loaded with broken glass. I spent about three hours carefully navigating through the cemetery. There are many spots that you work your way to that you must turn around due to holes or overgrowth. It is a shame that it was not taken care of. My dads great grandfather is a the bottom and realtively easy access but in summer extremely over grown. I wish I knew how to start a renovation of this out of respect for all those in the cemetery.
|Peggy Scully||RE: Photos...|
Good, I'll try to get her husband under the # of Thomas Kellys. My FG# is 46532750. Is that what you said you keep losing?
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service