|Hank Cox (#47134800)|
| || member for 5 years, 6 months, 29 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
25 Dec 2014.|
Due to circumstances (mostly) beyond my control, I'm back in Kentucky for a few months.
(1) Any of my gravestone, or cemetery, photos may be used freely as long as they are attributed in the following manner: "Photo Copyright YYYY Hank Cox, originally uploaded to Find A Grave". Replace the YYYY with the year that I uploaded the photo. Note: If you use any of my photos and they end up being published somehow, I would like you to drop me a note.
(2) Non-gravestone photos are a different story; please ask.
(3) I will try my best to keep up with edits; however, I will occasionally fall behind because of other events occurring in my life.
(4) Since most of the memorials I've created are because I've walked a cemetery taking photos, I'm pretty generous about transfers. However, please don't ask for transfers just to link parents or spouses etc.; I'm happy to perform those tasks. ,
(5) Please don't send an Ancestry.com summary of a census record, birth record, etc. and ask me to put the information in the person's bio. In my opinion, a bio should read as such, not as a dump of database records.
(6) As long as they have the proper attribution I will, with great reluctance, post obituaries in the bio section. Note: I'm confused by the Find A Grave FAQs regarding this; technically, they say "don't do this", then they say that if you do, make sure you give credit to the newspaper and that they reserve the right to remove obituaries.
(7) If I send you an edit or a notice that I think you've created a duplicate memorial, the only agenda I have is that I am trying to make the data on Find A Grave more accurate.
Best wishes to all my Find A Grave friends.
|Messages left for Hank Cox (20)||[Leave Message]|
Hank. Thanks so much for the great pictures and volunteering your time to take them! Pam
|BBB||Pearlee & George Asher|
Thank You so very much for taking the time to photograph the grave markers of my Great Grandparents. It truly means a great deal to me. Now I'm on a mission to hopefully obtain some photographs of them. You really made my Christmas even more special, so again thank you. Hope u have a truly wonderful New Year ahead. With smiles returned :)
Added by BBB on Dec 27, 2014 12:58 AM
Is most of your family from Kentucky? My father's sister, my aunt Fern, married Paul Raymond Cox. He was born in Illinois but father was born in Tennessee.
Added by Bev on Dec 26, 2014 11:14 PM
|Bev||Tranfers of memorials|
Thank you for transferring the memorials to me. I too agree that it isn't about data. I am not trying to see how many memorials I can create or manage I just want some documentation so researchers can find their connection and mostly to have our ancestors remembered. Too many of the older cemeteries are being destroyed or let go and not maintained.
Added by Bev on Dec 26, 2014 11:08 PM
|Bev||Transfer of W.R. Money|
I want to thank you for transferring his memorial
to me I have already added the information. I see
that you also created the memorials for his wife Addie Bob Ramsey and Harold Sleadd Money and his wife Agnes Barbour Cooper if you would be kind enough to transfer them to me I will add the information to their memorials as well. Thank you .My member # 47113289
Added by Bev on Dec 26, 2014 9:02 AM
|sherrie howe||RE: TRANSFER|
thank you so much an mery christmas to you an have a happy new year yourself
|Pat Shaw||RE: J Cecil Noe|
:) Hi Hank, no problem Find A Grave took me by surprise too! I guess the edit tool is ok, seems I spend more time entering info for the memorial holder is time consuming or I am just slow! So many of the contributors with thousands and thousands benefit the numbers game is because they enter bare info and family and relatives want more info (like me) and do the entering for them! Is funny tho just me but seems most of them not all the big contributors make it plain they do not transfer except to Find A Grave what they call rules which are really guidelines. They have to have there 100k or more memorials...oops am venting, sorry.
Thanks Hank Cox hope you have a very Merry Christmas and New Year!!
Added by Pat Shaw on Dec 22, 2014 11:02 AM
HI I WAS WANTING TO KNOW IF YOU COULD TRANSFER #43643675 GIDEON COMBS THIS IS MY GREATGRANDPA BROTHER AN I WOULD LIKE TO ADD HIM TO ARE FAMILY TREE THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME .
|Susan-HCBAR Historic Cemetery Preservation-SRP||Hon stone photos|
Thank you so much for the stone photos for Homer and Anna Hon. Anna's stone revealed full dates which were needed. The Hon family has an interesting history of being captured by Indians. I added a link to the memorial if you are interested. See Find A Grave 140131809
I have some family trying now to find and get permission to see this headstones if they are still even there. I'm told that they are on private property. To be safe, we will have to get permission if we can still even figure out about where they are.
Thank you though for your interest in helping!
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service