|Kellie Jensen Walton (#47055882)|
| || member for 5 years, 9 months, 23 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
It is not my desire to keep any memorial from a family member that wants to manage it. Most often I'm quite happy to transfer to relatives. Please be aware though that I don't do "mass transfers" - please submit your request for each memorial on the "Edit" tab of the memorial. Do not send them via my posted email address. I also do not transfer my direct relatives - SORRY.|
The "Suggest a Correction" feature should be used to submit all corrections, an ORIGINAL biography, and family links to memorials that do not fall under other guidelines.
Please understand, I maintain thousands of memorials, and I happy to do so, however I can't keep up with individual email requests. I make every attempt to process requests made through the FAG EDIT feature in a timely manner - most of the time daily. If you've sent me corrections or transfer requests via email and I haven't responded - I would highly suggest that you resubmit them correctly through the EDIT tab. Please and thank you go a LONG way with me - rudeness and being demanding do not.
I am researching several lines:
My biological father's family:
6) Ralph McGill & Eunice Van Valin
5) Adaline McGill & Charles Ide
4) Lillian Ide & Joseph Wallack
3) Mae O Wallack & John S Iverson
2) Vera M Iverson & Edward J Norris
1) Ronald Norris
5) Richard Phillips & Mary Armstrong
4) Estell Phillips Sr & Emma Brumback
3) Edward Phillips Jr & Emma Betcher
2) Edward Norris & Vera Iverson
1) Ronald Norris
Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa & Nebraska
My grandmother's family:
Miller, Lake (Leja), Huiras & Schumacher
Germany, Poland, Minnesota & Wisconsin
My grandfather's family:
3) John Kohler & Eliza Moses
2) John Kohler & Clara Hemmelgarn
1) John F Kohler Sr
4) William Hemmelgarn & Mary Heckendorf
3) Aug Heckendorf & Rinata Regabski
2) Mary Heckendorf & William Hemmelgarn
1) Kohler, Burbidge & Hemmelgarn
Switzerland, Illinois, Wisconsin
The majority of the memorials that I maintain for those related to me (blood or marriage) list my familiar relationship in the comments. (Not all, but most.) I do this for several reasons - mainly as a way to pay my respect but also as "cousin bait" ... I would LOVE to share trees and photos with anyone having a connection. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kellie Jensen Walton on facebook.
Please feel free to use my images for your genealogy project - both online and off. Credit is expected and greatly appreciated.
If we are related, please say hi!
Your tombstone stands among the rest;
neglected and alone.
The name and date are chiseled out
on polished, marbled stone.
It reaches out to all who care,
It is too late to mourn.
You did not know that I'd exist,
You died and I was born.
Yet each of us are cells of you
in flesh, in blood, in bone.
Our blood contracts and beats a pulse
entirely not our own.
Dear Ancestor, the place you filled
one hundred years ago -
Spreads out among the ones you left
who would have loved you so.
I wonder if you lived and loved,
I wonder if you knew
That someday I would find this spot,
and come to visit you.
A few additional things about memorials I create and/or maintain:
* If I am in a cemetery photographing my family grave markers - as time allows, I often photograph other stones in the cemetery. This doesn't mean I have any further information on the person other than what is posted - but often I will look up that person on ancestry or footnote to verify a dob, dod or familiar connection. All the information I obtain will be posted - that is all I have, but hopefully it is useful to you. Again, I post everything I have at the time the memorial is entered. If I do not post a photo of a grave marker - it's simply because I don't have one.
* Sometimes I will post a photo of a grave that already has a photo posted - this isn't an error. It's usually because my photograph is clearer, has additional information or is what *I* deem more genealogically (is that even a word?) "worthy". Basically, it's just the photo I prefer. It's not done to offend the person who took the first photo - I assure you. Another reason I may add an additional photo in a memorial is because when a memorial starts to deteriorate - the entire look of the memorial can change very quickly - I think it's important to see an accurate representation of what a stone looks like "today" ... or as close to today as possible. I try very hard to get a good clean shots of a stone - sometimes this can be quite difficult, but I try. If I post photos from different angles - it's because sometimes multiple shots are needed to view all the engraving on the stone.
*When I photograph a cemetery - I will always do my best to find a transcribed roster or listing which I will post. This CAN and DOES lead to duplicates ... it happens, no one is perfect. If I've made a mistake, duplicate or omission - I can promise I didn't do so intentionally. Please let me know. Also, before you request that I delete a duplicate memorial - make sure MY memorial wasn't created first. I will not delete a duplicate memorial if mine was created first - regardless of the fact that the new memorial may have additional information or pictures. I would suggest submitting that additional information to the FIRST memorial through the "Edit" tab.
*If I post a name with no additional information or image, it's because I have no additional information or image. If I run across a cemetery listing or roster, I will post that information. *Some info* is better than "no info" ... a name is better than no name. Rest assured, I am not holding additional information hostage (yes, I was *actually* accused of that once! lol) - I post the information I have. Please don't email asking for additional information - if I had it, it would be posted. If a cemetery is local to me, I do try to get back there and photograph the names I've previously posted, but this is not always possible. If there isn't a photo posted on a memorial I created or maintain - you can request one by clicking on the "Request A Photo" link on the memorial.
"The history of the family is as important as the history of the world." Adalbert Stifter, 1862.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Beeg4150, Catherine Cl..., Chris Painter, Cliff Schumache..., Dave Weiss, Don, Jack Duffey, kat woodfill-ch..., Oscar Sandstrom, Rich H., Robert Kuhmann, Steve Edquist ~...
|Messages left for Kellie Jensen W... (16)||[Leave Message]|
|Storres Myers||RE: Thank you!|
You are welcome and thank you for acknowledging the photo. The monument appears to defy the laws of gravity.--Storres
|Diana||RE: Re: Schumacher|
lol! I knew what you meant. ;-)
Added by Diana on Jul 02, 2014 2:45 PM
|Diana||RE: Re: Schumacher|
You mean a photo instead of a phone? lol As long as I've been a member, that hasn't been the case. I will delete it. :-)
Added by Diana on Jun 27, 2014 6:02 PM
Lol! Now both of them aren't connected to each other. I sent you an edit, if you accept that, and not do anything else, it will link them. :-)
Added by Diana on Jun 27, 2014 6:10 AM
Those "attitudes" seem to be increasing anymore. :p I've changed my bio so much because of them. :p But, there are still a lot of good people here too. :-)
Added by Diana on Jun 27, 2014 6:06 AM
Also, I totally agree with you on your statement in your bio about sometimes, you adding photos to memorials that have one already. I feel the same way! I will add if I think my photo has more to offer. Plus it gives relatives more than one photo and can also show the breakdown of some stones, if the previous one was taken years ago vs what it looks like now, etc.
Added by Diana on Jun 26, 2014 5:41 AM
I did one and put it on Eugene's memorial.
Added by Diana on Jun 26, 2014 5:37 AM
Transfers done. One thing, the photo was taken when the regulation size was really small, but the resolution on the photo is big, so if you have photo shop or another program, you can enlarge it a lot more, if you want. I could probably do it myself if you want me to.
Added by Diana on Jun 26, 2014 5:27 AM
|Tom Schoening||Sally Lee Dietrich Bailey|
Kellie - Transfer complete - My only request is that if You know who and where her parents are interred that She be linked to them.
Regards - Tom Schoening
Thank you so much for the transfer. Have a wonderful day!
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service