| || member for 6 years, 11 months, 18 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
❶ DUPLICATE MEMORIALS
• Before creating a memorial, I check the database fully (including, but not just limited to cemeteries), to see if there is already a memorial entered for that name.
• Duplicates can happen due to first-created entries (including ones with Unknown/Incorrect disposition) being missed, or ignored altogether when found.
• I do NOT have the attitude of "Yay, I win, you lose, I found the grave first". If I find correct disposition information for an existing entry, I send it to the memorial manager.
❷ TRANSFER REQUESTS
• Out-of-Guidelines transfer requests were once considered (as a courtesy), but I have discontinued that due to a really bad experience with another "contributor".
• Therefore, effective Sunday, July 17, 2011, NO OUT-OF-GUIDELINES TRANSFER REQUESTS WILL BE HONORED OR ACKNOWLEDGED!
❸ HONORING VETERANS
• I have a soft spot in my heart for veterans, and believe that they deserve our thanks and appreciation.
• My beloved late father ❤️ was a World War II combat vet, and I couldn't be more proud of him!
❹ MY FIND A GRAVE PHILOSOPHIES
• The individuals memorialized on Find A Grave meant something to somebody, and I do not take that lightly!
• All "Virtual Flowers" that I put on memorials are genuine, and from the heart, whether I knew that individual or not.
• I DO MIND MY OWN BUSINESS ... CAN YOU SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOURSELF?
• I was raised with good manners, and I require good manners in any Find A Grave correspondence sent to me!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
*** UPDATE AS OF WED, JUNE 19, 2013 ***
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
• If your Find A Grave messages even have a HINT of being:
✔Abusive ✔Demanding ✔Disrespectful ✔Falsely Accusatory ✔Harassing ✔Inappropriate ✔Nasty ✔Offensive ✔Rude ✔Slanderous ✔Smart-mouthed ✔Threatening, etc
(all of which came from one particular "contributor"),
YOU WILL BE IGNORED, AND REPORTED, JUST AS THAT "CONTRIBUTOR" WAS!
❺ NAMING A MEMORIAL
• If the deceased was never married, the surname belongs only in the Last Name field. If married, and they took their spouse's last name, then their Married Name would go in the Last Name field. THE LAST NAME FIELD SHOULD NOT BE LEFT BLANK, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!
❻ SUGGEST A CORRECTION
• Click on the "Edit" tab on the upper right of the memorial, and then click one of the options under "Suggest a correction" to submit additional BONA FIDE details, and/or links to the memorial manager.
• Please do not enter SAC information through "Leave A Public Message", on a "Photo Caption", or as a "Virtual Flower" on any of the memorials I manage.
• There is an allowable 30 day time frame to act on SACs, so one notice to me is sufficient.
• I am getting way too many SACs from Find A Grave "Visitors". Make sure you are logged into Find A Grave before sending me SACs.
• Please state your source(s) when sending me additional information
❼ VIRTUAL CEMETERIES
• You may want to consider putting memorials in "Virtual Cemeteries", as they are great ways to keep folks "together".
|Find A Grave Friends|
"Remembrance Ma..., Andrena, Arthur Allen "A..., B24CoPilotNiece, babyteeth07, Barbara Hunnicu..., becky hubbard, Brad, Brenda Reilley ..., carl bensoncarl, Carrie Bias Ho..., Cherry Reynolds..., Chris Wilcox, Cindy Allman, Clarence Bailey, countedx58, CWGC/ABMC, David Clay, David Oxford, Deanna Bustad, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for KATHY (746)||[Leave Message]|
|Chris Wilcox||RE: Leonard Wiles|
You are my first FindaGrave friend! I would be honored to be added to your list. Thanks, and I hope your 4th of July was wonderful!
|Janice Hollandsworth||RE: Corp Peter Nikolaisen Aadland (#56641689)|
Yes, do add me to your friends list and I am satisfied that you moved the document down as it was too large and hid the grave marker. Glad to help out in any way that I can!
|Chris Wilcox||Leonard Wiles|
I added the bio information for Mr. Wiles, and have transferred him to your care. The only reason he was under my management is because he is buried in my church's cemetery, and my daughter and I documented the cemetery a couple years ago. Thanks for contacting me!
|rhondajo||Lin Mae Freeman Brady|
Kathy, thank you for the flower on my Mother's page.
Added by rhondajo on Jun 25, 2015 9:40 PM
|Frances Rogers||Levi McMahan|
Thanks for the note and the suggestion about the birthplace of Levi. I had it wrong and so did the site you referred me to! His death certificate says he was born in TN. Since his parents live in Sevier County before they moved to NC, I'm sure he was born in Sevier County, so I've changed the memorial to reflect that. His dc also confirms burial in Old Savannah Cemetery. I appreciate your help!
|Sarah Montgomery||Tony D Augustine, Ohio|
My name is Sarah. In 1944, prior to D Day, Tony Augustine was stationed with his unit in Portglenone, a small village in Co. Antrim in Northern Ireland. My father was a boy of ten at the time, but even now remembers Tony with great fondness. Tony was friends with Emmet "Bud" Crozier who was killed on June 16th and is buried in the American Cemetery. My father has a photograph of Tony, looking incredibly handsome in his uniform which I would like to upload. Dad tells me that he set many hearts fluttering and when you see the photo you'll understand why! Do you have any connection with the family. Dad has often wondered what became of Tony, so it will be good for him to get the small amount of information contained on this site. Did you realise that Tony had been awarded the Silver Star in 1943 whilst serving in Italy?
Hoping to hear from you,
Thanks for info-I see you've probably sent edits for the original-mine is gone
Added by Bob on May 28, 2015 1:44 PM
|Bill Foster (W.L.Foster )||QM3 Mick Raymond B Bouschor|
Thk you for the info to help me place Mick iin the Right Cemetery & I updated his bio
|carl bensoncarl||Francis Higdon|
Thank you so much for getting back. It was really lovely to find someone who's father served with the 325th GIR. Last year I wend down to the west country and found the airfield where he flew from on D Day. There is a museum run by local enthusiasts and I got loads of pictures. I would love to share them with you, just got to figure out how that is done.
Like I said I have spent years researching Francis, and with the advent of decent internet its amazing how much information is out there.
The problem I now face is the 70 years that have passed since his passing. He had no wife or children, and both his brother and sister have now passed away. I would love to find a living relative but I must say that its proving to be an impossible task.
Even if I did find a relative the chance that anyone would have any relocation of him is extremely unlikely
Good luck with your project.
P.S. Did your father service the war and was he based in the west country? The airfield was called RAF Uppotery.
Thank you for the edit for his birth location. :) Are you related? Just checking to see if I found another cousin!! :)
Added by chcobe on May 12, 2015 4:07 PM
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service