| || member for 4 years, 3 months, 26 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
For questions msg. me and include a contact e-mail account separate from this site.|
Click my cemetery photos for all info concerning them. I try for best possible pics/info/updates. If you post this credit this source. Thank you.
*All memorial photos have permission to be used for general purposes w/proper credit using this member number. Thank you.
*Individual photographs NO permission being from various family collections. Photos I add courtesy of others do NOT have permission. Please respect this.
Should you find anything of interest e-mail me separate from this site. Info received for all posts will be credited and dated/updated unless requesting not to be identified.
If I missed any THANK YOU'S for those helping me w/my southern search please know it's unintentional and very much appreciated!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
Schuylkill & Columbia Co. CEMS PHOTOGRAPHED IN *ENTIRETY OR EVERYTHING TO BE FOUND, AND/OR MARKED CURRENT AS OF 6/2015 INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BICKEL'S/REED'S-private (some land POSTED, little-no maintenance, preserved), Ashland*
2. CITIZEN, Ashland*, (some maintenance yearly), current.
3. DEEP CREEK RD.-marked private, it is assoc. w/Church of Christ in Christian Union, Weishample*, current
4. NEW ST. MAURITIUS AKA GERMAN CATHOLIC, Ashland*, current
5. GREEN'S FARM-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
6. IOOF, Centralia, Columbia Co.*, current
7. KLASE-private (POSTED Enforced, not maintained yearly), Ashland*
8. McINTYRE, Catawissa, Columbia Co.
9. NEW ST. JOSEPH, Ashland*, current
10. SCHEUREN'S FIELD-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve, hunting area), Lavelle*
11. WEIKEL'S-private (POSTED Enforced, lies w/in Hunting area, not maintained, heavily overgrown), Cameron, Northumberland Co.*
12. YARNELL'S-semi private, Weishample*, current
13. ZION LUTHERAN AKA LUTHERAN, (Altamont section) Frackville*, current
14. OLD ST. MAURITIUS, Ashland-all transcriptions by Schuylkill Vital Records to 1989-completed.
**NOTE: Check NEW St. Mauritius AKA German Catholic, Ashland before making posts for St. Mauritius Cemetery. Many already up, most likely to be in newer cem. Please try to determine this if possible first.
15. OLD ST. JOSEPH, Ashland-going over SVR transcriptions up to 1989 for this cem as I can. *NOTE: Same applies-Please check your entries to make sure they are correct to avoid duplicates.
16. IOOF AKA "WILDCAT", Girardville*-SVR transcriptions, pics completed.
17. (OLD) ST. JOSEPH, Girardville-(POSTED-Enforced). This cem is highly overgrown on hillside, in bad general condition due to age, neglect, weather, vandalism. Pics up document it's current state. Possible duplicate posts due to described damage. Plots w/out markers put up as such & repeated efforts made to identify. May be the ONLY thing left as nature has taken it back. Not maintained. Burial locations listed from visual ID and/or cem burial transcripts taken from original records.
18. ST. IGNATIUS, Centralia, Columbia Co. Newer section (north).
19. CHURCH OF GOD, Weishample, *Check entries, some have shown up in SALEM UNITED BRETHREN cem up the road from this one that belong here. They're very close same side of rd.
21. (NEW) HOLY ROSARY, (Englewood section) Frackville-western/new side cem only
22. ANNUNCIATION B.V.M., (Englewood Section) Frackville *Burials could show up in St. Vincent-St. Louis, others in Englewood, didn't org. have it's own land but is Catholic.
23. Ss. PETER & PAUL'S POLISH (of St. Clair), at Port Carbon. All pics courtesy of J. Vaughn.
24. ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN, Middleport-partial
*My pics are TRUE to locations. I know my area well being born and raised here. If I can help someone I will try my best, just ask.
**NOTE: Check entries before posting for following CEMS in ENGLEWOOD section of FRACKVILLE, these include:
1. St. Vincent DePaul of Girardville
2. St. Louis/Our Lady of Siluva of Maizeville
3. New Holy Rosary, Maizeville/Frackville
4. *Old/New St. Joseph of Frackville
Many associated w/the "Foot patches/towns/sections" of Mahanoy Plane & Gilberton-incl. Ducktown, Long Row, Maizeville, Cork(town), Powder Mill, Powder House, Quality Hill, Boston Run, Suffolk, Wiggans, Vulcan, Patriotic Hill, Ellen Gowen, Yatesville, Bowmans, Maple Hill, St. Nicholas, all located at "the foot" of Frackville mt. extending from Girardville to Mahanoy City-Shenandoah; Girardville and it's sections/patches of Galway Hill, Wildcat(Run), Preston Hill, Connerton (aka Connor's Patch-Upper & Lower), High Rd., Fingerboard, Colorada/o, Rappahannock, Hunters Patch, Beatty's Patch, Seitzsinger's, Newtown, Slabtown, Reading Station, Corcoran E. Patch. This does NOT incl. Lost Creek 1 & 2, Smokey Hollow Patch village, Deansville/Dean's Patch, William Penn, W. Wm. Penn, Raven Run, Brownsville (Upper & Lower), others located between Girardville and Shenandoah; Weston(Place), Shenandoah Heights, Turkey Run, but can't rule them out. SOME PATCHES NO LONGER EXIST due to extensive mining. Names added as found. Also Homesville/Holmesville, Big Mine Run between Ashland & Girardville not ruled out. Oakland (Ave.), Little Mine Run-sections of Ashland, Woodland Heights-sec. of BMR/Ashland. -Many of these places are falling into St. Joseph's Cemetery, Girardville.
Best to check ALTAMONT section, Frackville of OLD H.R. & OLD St. Joe's, FIRST for burials from THESE CHURCHES, then Englewood. There are other CEMS located in ENGLEWOOD section, these get the most attention, as does Annunciation BVM.
2014: Info for Old & New St. Joseph Cems of Frackville-BOTH located in ENGLEWOOD, as is NEW H.R. Cemetery. Only OLD Holy Rosary located in Altamont.
BOTH O.H.R./Old St. Joseph TRANSCRIBED as located in Altamont by SVR-any burial locations for memorials listed by me for Altamont taken from SVR, photos true to location.
*Finally a THANK YOU to those who supply the info and get me out when I can-All things Schuylkill: Schuylkill Vital Records (SVR), Joanne Vaughn, Peggy Scully & L. Merritt, CARETAKERS, local residents, friends, Historical Societies, libraries, churches, f/g, anyone willing to share info or tag along w/me. Beth, Carrie & Wendy w/all things Columbia, Northumberland Co's. Terry, Laura and Emily for their INVALUABLE help w/southern searches! Joan, Mike, Lorraine, southern cems, pics. Others who have helped me you are NOT forgotten-THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
All other kindnesses regarding transfers of family members and information supplied-THANK YOU!!!
*AS OF JULY 1, 2015: ST. JOSEPH, ST. MAURITIUS OF ASHLAND; ST. JOSEPH, ST. VINCENT DE PAUL OF GIRARDVILLE; OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNCIL OF GORDON, WILL CONSOLIDATE INTO THE NEW ST. CHARLES BORROMEO PARISH LOCATED AT ST. JOSEPH ASHLAND. CONCLUDES ACTION BY ALLENTOWN DIOCESE SINCE 2008 AFFECTING 32 SCHUYLKILL CO. CHURCHES.
*Please Note: Birth/death listings for Ft. Springs Hosp., Ashland Hospital, Ashland State, Ashland Regional Medical Center, St. Catherine's M.C. are all for same hospital, now closed & should be Ft. Springs listing. edits made as rec'd.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Alton Brown, Amy Fitzgerald, Autumn, Bev, Brady Kerr, Buddy, Cheryl & Richar..., Christine Carah..., Cindy Allman, D C McJonathan-..., Deb, DonZas, Emily, Frank & Lillian, gleebigg, Goldeneagle, Hope, HuntCoTx, J, James Hill, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for J.G.B. (256)||[Leave Message]|
|Sarah Bixler Quinn||Timothy Snyder / Brock St. Cem.|
Hi thank you for all your good work at findagrave. This time you helped correct an error in Sch. Vital Record book 1, listing of Timothy Snyder's burial in that book. Your photo of the old marker was clear enough to read his age of 43, not 19 as the book listed. Thanks again, for clearing up that date. Sarah Quinn
|Zuzu*s Petals||SGT Nathan Barnes|
Why don't you word your message the way you want it to sound, send it to me, and I will add it to Nathan's memorial page.
|Zuzu*s Petals||SGT Nathan Barnes|
Thank you so much for writing me about SGT Barnes. I have added your information to his memorial page and given you credit for the information.
I had the privilege to listen to his funeral service on the Internet. It was a beautiful and loving service. After listening to the service I felt a closeness for this young man more than I ever thought I would. I wrote to his family and expressed my feelings about Nathan. I was fortunate enough to receive an answer back from them.
As I said in his memorial I am so proud of him and have a closeness to this young soldier after researching about him. I even have a picture of him that sits on my desk in my office where I can see him every day. I can hardly wait for the day when I can see this wonderful young man and tell him just how proud I am of him and just how much he means to me and just how much he has affected my life.
Thank you again for writing to me and giving me the extra information about the extraordinary young man -- SGT Nathan S. Barnes.
All my best - Kathie
|Ellen||Elizabeth Bast Bachman|
Thanks for the edits to Elizabeth to bring her into her family fold. She was a surprise; we are now up to 12 children, and I think there's a 13th boy out there!
Thanks, too, for all the work you obviously do to document and maintain the cemeteries out there. Much appreciated!
Added by Ellen on Sep 13, 2015 1:21 PM
|Law-Miller Roots||Ashland State Hospital|
Thanks for the information about this. When I come across memorials where the individual died at Ashland State Hospital, I'll update the place of death accordingly. Eventually, will get 'em all fixed. Thanks.
Both have been transferred.
Added by SD on Aug 23, 2015 5:36 PM
|Mike Huffstetler||RE: Thank You!...|
You are welcome. It was a pleasure to fulfill your request. Yes it is a small county church who seems to take pride in their property.
|Iriss Hill||John Raabe|
I was happy to transfer your family memorial to you. Best wishes on your family research!
I'm not sure who you mean by "his wife".
Added by LShue on Jul 01, 2015 8:56 PM
Here are the other Heffners I found in Gardens of Faith:
William R. 1915-1988 and M.Kathleen 1913-1999
William F. 1889-1969 and Barbara F. 1893-1987
George and Gwendolyn (already have memorial page and photos posted by someone else)
I have photos for the markers of all of these people. Let me know if you create new memorial pages for any of these people and I'll be glad to add my photos to your pages. I just finished going through the entire cemetery today and I think I recorded all of the Heifers I found.
Added by LShue on Jul 01, 2015 7:21 PM
|[View all messages...]|