|Cathy Alton (#47889869)|
| || member for 3 years, 11 months, 8 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
Hi, please don't transfer anyone to me unless I |
request it. People keep sending me memorials that I really don't want. I have been returning
Don't forget the words "Thank you".
They go a LONG way! And the words "You're welcome" don't hurt either.
Did you know? When you put in an edit and someone ignores it, the memorial will automatically edit itself in 21 days. The only way it won't is if the person declines it.
THE PERFECT GRAVESTONE PICTURE
1) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO dates or your name through the pictures. This is REALLY tacky!
They look awful and are SO unnecessary!! This is about them, not us.
2) No chopped off around the sides. There should be 'outdoors' around all 4 sides. I want to see what the stone looks like! Some stone pics were chopped to just show the name & date.
This looks awful, get the whole stone in the picture! Many people chop the top of the stone off...why?
3) If there's a tall stone with the info on the side, take a picture of the whole stone and then a picture of the writing.
4) The stone picture looks best if it's taken in front of the stone, not at an angle. A trick I use to keep my reflection off the stone: I stand behind another stone and use the zoom on the camera.
5) No 'postage stamp' sized pictures. Set your
camera to take regular sized pictures.
6) Sent in from another Find a Graver: Please take the time to brush the leaves and grass clippings off the stone. But use a broom as not to upset any nasty ground bees or fire ants and get stung!
It's not all about 'point and shoot' to hurry up. Take some time taking the pictures. Let's honor our dead as best as we can by taking beautiful pictures. These pictures will most likely be the only ones on the internet for generations to come!
|Find A Grave Friends|
47305175, af, clevelandpole, Diane LM, Donna, Ed M, Elkv42, Frank K., Katrina, Kevin Stewart, Maggie O, Myron E. Timmon..., SkipAZ, St. Marys Groun..., Sue, Tammy, Tom C., wildgoose
|Messages left for Cathy Alton (7)||[Leave Message]|
I have obits and an extended family tree which I would be glad to send but a need your email address not a no-reply @findagrave in order to send them.
Hi, I am working on my sister-in-law's family tree including collateral branches which include Walter Sova, his wife Ruth Tovey Sova and their son Ronald Sova. Would you be gracious enough to transfer those folks to me?
thanks in advance.
|J Delity||RE: Alton/Schell|
You are welcome, I am glad I was able to find them. Your note said you would like their locations: The Alton grave is in Section I and the Schells were in section H. I believe their GPS coordinates were uploased as well. I still have to fill the one Schell request. My phone died just as I submitted it so it will follow shortly.
Added by J Delity on May 31, 2016 1:13 PM
|Tom C.||Sarah Knickerbocker question|
Your question about her - I say "why not, go ahead!!"
Added by Tom C. on May 19, 2016 7:18 PM
|Anne Cady||RE: Alton in Hillside|
Yes, I think there were some Render's in the area. There was no main stone in the plot so the markers were easy to miss. They were on the end closest to St. Michael's cemetery, on the slope. I had looked for them before myself, but this trip I spent more time trying to close as many of the 123 open requests as I could and I tried to read every footstone.
|Nick Dann||RE: Beardsley|
No, but I am a 'Beardsley'. I research the family. I take it you may be related? If so, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Well, still trying to figure some out. I know my great grandmother Sarah and Henry (top right). I suppose that is her mother and father in front seated. Still researching all the old documents my mother has.
Added by SJ on May 18, 2015 9:28 AM