|Sharon Murray (#48091447)|
| || member for 2 years, 6 months, 5 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
|No bio available.|
|Messages left for Sharon Murray (3)||[Leave Message]|
Wanted to let you know I found this online. Needs more research but it's a start. I've asked for it to be added to the memorial. If you find anything please let me know. We might be related :)
* Born June 5, 1825
* Died Aug. 2, 1895
* Buried in Union Cemetery, Meyersdale, Somerset Co. Pa.
* Private Co. D 2nd Maryland Potomac Home Brigade Infantry
* Served Apr. 7, 1862 - May 6, 1865 - 36 month 29 days
* Private Battery L 204th Regiment 5th Pa. Heavy Artillery
* Enlisted Sept. 2, 1864 as Private in L 5th Artillery
* Discharged as Private at Philadelphia, Pa. on Aug. 18, 1865
* Disability - Gun shot wound, right leg below ankle
* Occupation - Miner
* Pension application: Widow applied for pension; Pension granted Mar. 1, 1904
at $8 to date from Nov. 12, 1895 and $2 for each child unger 16 years.
* M. C. Lowry Post G. A. R. Application, dated 1882
* Somerset Co. Pa. Genealogy Web
* Meyersdale Commercial, May 28, 1903
* Meyersdale Commercial, June 4, 1908
* Veterans Grave Registration
* H. C. McKinley Ledger page 158, contains additional info. [Name spelled Louis]
* 1890 Veterans Census, Summit Twp. Somerset Co. Pa. [Lists name as Siler]
Added by Capt on May 14, 2015 8:45 PM
Hi, I'm researching my Sailor ancestors and ran across this memorial. Wondering if you have any more family information on Lewis' parents or siblings?
Added by Capt on May 14, 2015 12:58 PM
|Brian J. Ensley||RE: Lewis Seiler|
Added- Thanks for the info!