| || member for 7 years, 5 months, 20 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
1. SEND SOURCE INFO!!! When sending info for inclusion on memorials I have entered, please include your source (where you found it, or how you know it). This is important. If I think the info is questionable, I might not add it, or will note who sent it to me. I decline to perpetuate errata and will NOT post anything from an unreliable source.|
2. MANNERS COUNT. I appreciate POLITE requests and corrections. If you don't know how to use the words, "please," and "thank you," or can't be bothered, then please don't bother at all. If you send extremely rude, or threatening messages, no matter how subtle, I will forward them to the Find A Grave administrators, without exception.
3. I TRANSFER. Aside from my own family, and close friends, I do not hoard memorials. POLITE requests for your family (close, OR distant), and close friends will all be considered. If I am even remotely related, I will not transfer. I will keep my friends, unless your relationship is significantly closer. If you are prone to entering sloppy memorials with incorrect info, I will think twice about a transfer.
4. YOUR PHOTOS: Please don't add bad photos to memorials I have entered, i.e. photos where you can be seen reflected in the stone, your car is in the background, the stone is covered in bird poop, or leaves, or dirt, your dog, or kid can be seen, or photos taken at a carelessly crooked angle, or ones with more "white space," than gravestone (NO need to crop ALL the white space out, and photos of entire family plots are the exception). Please do not add photographs of new graves in their entirety, with no grass growing on the freshly up-turned dirt. Please do not add photos of the temporary plastic grave markers placed by the funeral home, or photos of the gravestone, prior to inscribing of the DOD for new burials--if you do, please anticipate that I will request a removal when a photo of a fully inscribed gravestone has been posted. I spend a lot of time to make attractive, respectful memorials. Your help with that is appreciated.
Note: If the persons grave has no marker, please at least add a photo of the area where the grave is located.
5. MY PHOTOS, those of gravestones and cemeteries, may be used without my permission, EXCEPT on ancestry.com, or any site which requires an exchange of money. There is no need to give me credit and in fact, I would prefer that you don't. However, please do not post one of my original photos to a Find A Grave memorial yourself. Politely make a request and I will gladly add, if appropriate.
6. CAUSES OF DEATH are a matter of public record. If you are related to an individual who has a cause of death posted in their memorial, and you are disturbed by the posting of that cause, I will remove it, upon polite request.
7. I VOLUNTEER. As another member has noted on their profile, I'm not getting paid to do this. Nope, not a penny. I sometimes get behind in doing corrections, updates, etc. Your patience is appreciated. Please remember that edits take time, no one is entitled to my time, and demands are wholly unappreciated (please refer to point #2 above). If you can't wait, you may send the edit request to Find A Grave.
8. LIVING PEOPLE: Please don't add memorials for them, especially, if you haven't yet entered a memorial for YOURSELF. Not only is it against policy, but it's just a horrendous thing to do to someone, without their consent.
9. LIVE & LET LIVE. I am all for receiving and sending updates, corrections, etc. I appreciate notification when I have added a duplicate and will notify others of duplicates. Beyond that, I do not consider myself to be on the Find A Grave police squad, and neither should you. Please allow me to tend to the memorials I have entered. If I add something you don't like to a memorial you have entered, or to that of a family member's, please point it out to me POLITELY. Vague references to Find A Grave policies are not helpful in specific instances--I have entered hundreds of memorials and manage hundreds more. Above all, please remember that Find A Grave IS NOT REAL. The internet is NOT TANGIBLE. What does that mean? In the grand scheme of life, this is small stuff and could go "poof" in an instant.
10. To those who are all about the numbers: THERE IS NO END TO DEAD PEOPLE. Just because I might enter a memorial you wanted to enter, doesn't mean you can't enter one for someone else. There are plenty for all.
In Honor of Our Fallen Brave . . .
In Flanders Fields, 1919, by John McCrae
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
THANK YOU to everyone who sends info and corrections for memorials I have entered. Time does not permit me to thank everyone for each individual contribution, but please know that they are appreciated!
In case I have missed anyone, THANK YOU to the PHOTO VOLUNTEERS who have fulfilled my requests--much appreciated!
MANY THANKS to those MEMBERS who have entered memorials for members of my family and who have had the kindness to transfer them to me--you're the BEST!
PRIVATELY OWNED CEMETERIES & PHOTOGRAPHY Privately owned cemeteries may regulate the taking of photographs by persons physically within the boundaries of the cemetery property. Please refer to the laws of the relevant state. More discussion may be perused here:
http://legalgenealogist.com/blog/2012/10/22/cemetery-photos-permission-required/ (Courtesy of Find A Grave Member Diehard, profile # 46809256)
Finally, when I die, please no one euphemistically assert that I have "passed." It sounds so impolite, as though a catastrophic gastric feux pas has occurred, and won't fool anyone into thinking I have done something other than dropping DEAD. Geesh, we all do it, so I don't think it is taboo to say it. Furthermore, I shall haunt anyone designating my date of death as an "angel day," or similar nonsense. How presumptuous it would be for anyone, except God, to make such an assumption.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Ann Tindall, Anonymous, BAK, Barbara Crossle..., Cemeterywlkr, Corey Meyer, Darlene Marshal..., Find A Grave, GLENDA EISENHOU..., Har37x, Hultquist, Jack, Janet Guivens, Jennifer Bauer, Jim & Lori Rowe, Jim Thorpe, John Heider, Kathy Margrave, Kathy's kin n m..., Lilbuddy, Louis Mata, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for HJ (901)||[Leave Message]|
|Maxine||Bernhardt and Herman Leimbach|
You posted obituaries for Bernhardt (my great grandfather) and Herman (his brother)Leimbach at the Granville Cemetery for which I thank you. I am trying to get their history posted to Illinois Genealogy Trails however to add them to the site I will need your permission to repost them. I would appreciate your permission as I would like to be able to show them as a part of Putnam County history. I will understand if you do not grant the permission, you have already helped me find my family for this I will always be grateful.
Thank You Again
Added by Maxine on Feb 27, 2015 6:21 PM
|ksrose||RE: Levi F. Grummon, # 92500884|
Not sure I understand your message. I have Feb 10th on the memorial.
Added by ksrose on Feb 22, 2015 12:00 PM
|John F. Smeltzer||GOWDEY ...|
You may be correct but at least I can't say for sure. Thanks for your efforts !!
|John F. Smeltzer||GOWDEY question .....|
Hi HJ .... I'd love to say that I know but I don't .... just know that this GOWDY line is part of ours via Manetta "Nettie" GOWDY ... married to our Hanibal (Hannibal?) COLLINS b. 1855 ....
|Jackie Dare||RE: Memorial # 15426807|
|Richard Boyer||RE: Hezekiah Gamble|
Margaret Gamble, Hattie Gamble and Gilbert Hair had markers, which were put on Find-a-Grave.
I don't plan to take my memorial#124409418 down since it is the first listed in this cemetery. Perhaps you should check your location. I will check mine when the weather is better. It is easy to get confused where one cemetery begins and another ends in Hennepin.
Added by SMC on Feb 16, 2015 10:37 AM
|SMC||Pierre V. Barmore|
There was little to say you had first published this memorial. I have conceded your right to other memorials since you put the name out there, even without much info. It would be fair to ask you to take yours down in this case since mine was the first under this name. Perhaps there is a Barmore relative who was in the Infantry? Please check your sources. The copy I have from Roster of War Veterans, published in The Granville Echo / Putnam County Record, Granville, W. E. Hawthorne, publisher (mine isn't dated, either.) states P.V. Barmore, U.S.S St. Clair & death date.
Added by SMC on Feb 16, 2015 10:18 AM
|macso||RE: Margaret Humphreys|
You're very welcome. Glad I could be of help to you. Chris
Added by macso on Feb 15, 2015 5:08 PM
|Turtlerunner||Rev William Oburn and wife Mary J.|
Hi.. regarding Memorial# 142366357. These two are listed as husband and wife in the Cherry Fork Cemetery Inscriptions book. They appear in the 1880 census along with 2 children Joseph and Caren(or Carrie). In the 1870 Census they are listed with Joseph, Carrie and probably a daughter Mary Jane b.1841 and another possible daughter Helen. William is listed as a minister in both of those Census records and the Inscriptions book. Hope this helps. :)
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service