| || member for 5 years, 11 months, 17 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
|Messages left for Lamplighter (7)||[Leave Message]|
|William Moseley||Milburn family history|
Thanks for your rapid reply. I would love to be invited to your tree.
|William Moseley||family history|
Searching for info on Rev Joseph Milburn and Eleanor Peak.
|skye||RE: Mercy Goff Ives Correction|
Sorry for the typo--thanks for pointing it out. I have corrected it.
Added by skye on Mar 11, 2016 9:19 AM
Dear Lamplighter! Thank you so very much for the two messages you left on my message board! I will send you a SAC from Catherine (Battersby) Hassett's memorial with more information. Kind regards, Bridey Light
|LC-NW||Cathlamet history info|
More links for the Skamokawa area that might be worth checking into for more info:
If you have Facebook:
The Cathlamet Pioneer Community Association email (from Facebook) appears to be: email@example.com
FRIENDS OF SKAMOKAWA/REDMEN HALL:
Added by LC-NW on May 24, 2013 10:38 PM
|LC-NW||Cathlamet Blanche Bradley Public Library|
Here's a link to info about the library: http://www.cathlametchamber.com/library.php
Ok, NOW I'm going to bed for the night [told you I love a good challenge. :o]
Added by LC-NW on May 24, 2013 10:27 PM
|LC-NW||RE: WS & Mehala Brooks|
Well, so far no luck on finding an obituary. I did, however, find on http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/ that there appear to have been at least 3 newspapers publishing around the time of their deaths in the area of Skamokawa, WA:
1. The Skamokawa eagle. (Skamokawa, Wash.) 1891-1934 (now called the The Wahkiakum County Eagle - see http://www.waheagle.com/contact-us)
2. Columbia River sun. (Cathlamet, Wash.) 1902-1940
3. The Cathlamet gazette. (Cathlamet, Wahkiakum County, Wash.) 1889-190?
That said, I cannot seem to find anyone (so far) who have years archived for 1901 (Washington's death), or 1921 (Mehala's death.) Here's who has what on microfilm (or at least what's according to online. It could be worth contacting the Washington State Archives to see if they have more in their collections, or contact each newspaper directly to see if thet know who else might have microfilms archive for the papers.)
- The Skamokawa eagle. (Skamokawa, Wash.) - available (partial) years: 1892; 1897; 1929; 1931; and 1934 - at the Washington State Archives in Olympia, WA
- Columbia River sun. (Cathlamet, Wash.) - available (partial) years: 1916; 1918; 1919; 1939; and 1940 - at the Washington State Archives in Olympia, WA
- The Cathlamet gazette. (Cathlamet, Wahkiakum County, Wash.) - available (partial) year: 1889 at the Washington State Archives in Olympia, WA; and 1890 at University of California, in Berkeley, CA
I'll keep looking to see if anything comes up though. Likewise, so many online groups are constantly updating historical records, so it might be just waiting to be digitized and added to online records. Possibly the Cathlamet Public Library might have hard copies of the old papers - not sure.
Also, I found a Wahkiakum Couty Heritage website (http://wrh.statelib.lib.wa.us/cdm/singleitem/collection/wahkiakum/id/345/rec/14) that suggested a book called "Cathlamet on the Columbia: recollections of the Indian people and short stories of early pioneer days in the valley of the lower Columbia River" which was published in 1906 that might be worth going through. It's avaialble to read (and save a PDF copy) online via Archive.org at http://archive.org/details/cathlametoncolum00stro .
Well, that's it for tonight. If I can find anything more I'll let you know. :o]
Added by LC-NW on May 24, 2013 10:18 PM