|Linda Thompson (#47749170)|
| || member for 2 years, 4 months, 17 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
Volunteer at Greenwood Cemetery, Jackson, Hinds County, Mississippi. We have a very active Greenwood Cemetery Association, and we are working to repair, survey and photograph all monuments, including where they are located in the cemetery, and research those buried whose monuments are no longer standing.|
|Messages left for Linda Thompson (77)||[Leave Message]|
|E Odom||Jennie Grayson|
My name is Emerson Odom. I have recently found out that Jennie Grayson is related to me. I live in Birmingham, Alabama so it is a little difficult to find out a lot. I would like to know more about her. I would also like to know who buried her there. Also I would like to know how was she able to be buried at the cemetery in 1932 and she was African American. I was told by a few people from the Jackson area that she worked for Governor Albert Brown when she was a teenager on his farm in Terry, Mississippi. Any help I would appreciate. Thank you for your time.
Added by E Odom on Jul 20, 2014 11:34 AM
|A J Nock||RE: Dolans in Greenwood Cemetery|
My father was cremated, and his remains were scattered from a helicopter over San Antonio in accordance with his request. I will include this in the bio.
Which raises the question, how would you like me to convey the bios to you? Shall I copy and paste them into a public message like this one, or do you have another preference?
Added by A J Nock on Jul 05, 2014 4:03 PM
|Anonymous||Green Family from MD|
One of my ancestors was Lyttleton Green from Harford County, MD. His brothers Thomas, Joshua, and George passed through MS in the 1830's. George went on to TX where he fought in the Texas Revolution. I have examined some original papers about his service and his surveying in Milam County, TX. I would like to find out more about Thomas and Joshua in Jackson. I understand that they had a drugstore and a bank, but I haven't found any material on those business.
|Wyndy South||Ann Lewis Hardeman and Ann Neely Hardeman|
Ms. Thompson, These two photo requests have come up in my area but now I see that you are a volunteer photographer and researcher for this cemetery. The two requests are for the graves of Ann Neely Hardeman 1776-1862 and Ann Lewis Hardeman 1803-1868. I noticed that you have photographed Lavenia Caroline Hardeman, a direct relative. While there, did you happen to locate these two graves? I certainly do not wish to involve myself in a search that is already ongoing especially in a cemetery of this size. I work very close to the cemetery (MS Street) but would have to have some exact directions to find it. I will leave this to you. I know the family would appreciate any info that you can provide and would be overwhelmed with a photo of their headstones. THANKS. WYNDY SOUTH
|A J Nock||Dolans in Greenwood Cemetery|
Greetings and thanks for establishing memorial pages for my parents, Mary Agness Dobyns Dolan and Patrick Thomas Dolan. I am happy to supply you with a brief biographical sketch of each, or, if you wish, you can transfer the pages to me. In any case, please note that my father, Patrick Thomas Dolan, is not buried at Greenwood, but this is a memorial stone ("in memory of").
Added by A J Nock on Jun 23, 2014 9:02 PM
|A Bowen||Holders in Greenwood Cemetery|
Please link my grandfather W D Holder, #99847970, to his parents, Col W D Holder, #11532132, and his wife Catharine Theresa Bowles Holder, #11532138. Their other children on findagrave.com are A B Holder, #24513836, James K Holder, #99848096, Kate Holder Spalding, #99848031, Dewitt Herndon Holder (already linked), all in Greenwood Cemetery, and Eugene Michel Holder, #11062585, in Memphis' Elmwood Cemetery, and Benjamin Humphreys Holder, #116186337, in Aberdeen's Odd Fellows Rest.
If you'd prefer, you can transfer them to me and I will do the links. I would just like them linked to their children.
Added by A Bowen on May 26, 2014 2:28 PM
|Carol ||ANTHONY Family Members buried in CARR CEMETERY, Lowndes Cty. Crawford, Mississippi|
My name is Carol and I am researching my ANTHONY FAMILY roots. My family history starts with GEORGE ANTHONY born in 1845 and died in 1920. George married JANE (WEBB) ANTHONY in 1868 in LOWNDES County, CRAWFORD, MISSISSIPPI. Jane (Webb) Anthony died on August 23, 1920.
(1) Is there a GENEALOGY SOCIETY or LOWNDES COUNTY COURTHOUSE etc. that keeps a (required list by law) of all of the individuals buried in the CARR, QUINN, ANTHONY CEMETERY located in LOWNDES COUNTY, CRAWFORD MISSISSIPPI? (Because, I have Death Certificates and there are many more ANTHONY FAMILY MEMBERS buried in the CARR Cemetery that were not listed for example:
(1a) Mary Lucille (Johnson/Warren) Anthony (The first wife of: George B. Anthony Born: 1870 Died: 1967)
(1b) Alexander McKinley Anthony (George B. Anthony and Mary L. Anthony's first child by his first wife)
(1c) Mary Lucille Anthony (George B. Anthony and Mary L. Anthony's third child by his first wife)
(1d) "NO NAME" Anthony (George B. Anthony and Mary L. Anthony's second child by his first wife)
BABY (2) two months old
(2) How do you know the individual people's relationship who are buried in the CARR CEMETERY, (Is there a list somewhere?) (or) Did the GENEALOGIST have to walk the entire Cermetery to read all of the tombstones?
(3) I have attached a copy of page/document per "FIND A GRAVE.com" that I have found online with Jane Anthony's DEATH INFORMATION. Did you gather the DEATH INFORMATION you posted from her tombstone or from VITAL RECORDS in JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI etc.?
(4) What if the tombstones have been destroyed or their was no tombstones, how would you know who is buried in that spot?
(5) I have attached a copy of documents per "FIND A GRAVE.com" that I have found online with Jane Anthony's DEATH INFORMATION. What does the number posted on the website, stand for that is on the individual family members RIP information for example: Jane Anthony #105943144 (born: 1848 - died 08/23/1920) for the FIND A GRAVE website?
(6) I am looking for "any type of documentation" that might tell me where my great-great-grandmother, SARAH JANE (WEBB) ANTHONY was born and who her mother and father and siblings were? I have searched ANCESTRY.COM etc. and I have tried to order a DEATH CERTIFICATE for SARAH JANE (WEBB) ANTHONY who died AUGUST 23, 1920. But, Vital Records in Jackson, Mississippi can't find her death certificate. Is their any other place who might also keep death/family information for SARAH JANE (WEBB) ANTHONY?
(7) Per the ANTHONY FAMILY MEMBERS KNOWLEDGE and the 1870 U.S. CENSUS, Sarah Jane (Webb) Anthony had a Sister or Sister-In-Law, name RUTHA WEBB who shows up as the head of the household in LOWNDES COUNTY, CRAWFORD, MISSISSIPPI. Ruth Webb was born in North Carolina in 1835 and her husband, William Webb shows up on the MARRIAGE LICENSE for their daughter, Maggie (Webb) Brown who married A.D. (ALFRED) Brown a school teacher on 01/01/1880. Ruth died in Jackson, Tennessee on March 9, 1915 and is suposed to be buried with other WEBB family members in the CARR CEMETERY. Ruth Webb mother's name was VIOLET CARR per Ruth's death certificate information. (Was RUTH related to the CARR FAMILY who donated the CARR,QUINN, ANTHONY Cemetery????)
Thanks you very much for your hard work,
Added by Carol on Apr 23, 2014 12:17 PM
|Doug McBroom||Tombstone George Williams MAY|
Linda, you created a duplicate memorial for George. The other is #91647815, Created by: ALC, Record added: Jun 09, 2012. Would you mind deleting your memorial and posting your tombstone picture on the older memorial. The older memorial has all the family links already posted. Thanks from a MAY cousin.....Doug McBroom
|John Van Zandt||RE: Greenwood Cemetery|
Emma Elizabeth Mims, and Livingston Mims in Greenwood Cemetery. Thank you!
|John Van Zandt||Greenwood Cemetery|
Thank you for the enormous contribution that you've made with those buried in Greenwood Cemetery. There is one family burial on your additions that I'd like to manage. Please contact me.
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service