| || member for 2 years, 10 months, 8 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
For questions msg. me and include a contact e-mail account seperate from this site for a quick response. |
Click cemetery photo posts of mine for all info concerning them. I try to get the best possible pics/info up for and seperating cems which run together. Occasional updates made. If you post this info credit the source. Thank you.
*All memorial photos have permission to be used for general purposes but should be given proper credit. That's why I take them but do not rip them and claim them as your own. Thank you.
*Individual photographs need permission being from various family collections. Photos I add courtesy of others do not have permission. Please respect this. Any information that can be added to my family listings, usually marked w/flowers, (as are some friends) is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Should you find anything of interest e-mail me seperate from this site. *Info received for all posts here will be credited and dated/updated unless requesting not to be identified. Sources not affiliated with f/g will not be ID'd unless requesting it for privacy.
Esp. looking for families of Walter A. and Nora B. Hall Brown, starting places: NC, SC, TN, VA, others associated w/both families. If I missed any THANK YOU'S for those helping me w/my southern search please know it's unintentional and very much appreciated!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Other help w/family very much appreciated no matter how small or large.
CEMS PHOTOGRAPHED IN *ENTIRETY OR EVERYTHING TO BE FOUND, AND/OR CURRENT AS OF (Weather Permitting) 4/2014 INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BICKEL'S/REED'S-private (some land POSTED, little-no maintenance), Ashland*
2. CITIZEN, Ashland*, (some land posted for sale, not sure cem is included-very little maintance yearly), current
3. DEEP CREEK RD.-marked private, it is assoc. w/Church of Christ in Christian Union, Weishample*, current
4. NEW ST. MAURITIUS AKA GERMAN CATHOLIC, Ashland*, current
5. GREEN'S FARM-private (POSTED enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
6. IOOF, Centralia, Columbia Co.*, current
7. KLASE-private (POSTED enforced, not maintained yearly), Ashland*
8. McINTYRE, Catawissa, Columbia Co.*, current
9. NEW ST. JOSEPH, Ashland*, current
10. SCHEUREN'S FIELD-private (POSTED enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
11. WEIKEL'S-private (POSTED enforced, lies w/in Hunting area, not maintained, heavily overgrown), Cameron, Northumberland Co.*
12. YARNELL'S-semi private, Weishample*, current
13. ZION LUTHERAN AKA LUTHERAN, (Altamont section)Frackville*, current
14. OLD ST. MAURITIUS, Ashland-all transcriptions by Schuylkill Vital Records to 1989-completed.
**NOTE: Check NEW St. Mauritius AKA German Catholic, Ashland before making posts for St. Mauritius Cemetery. Many are already up, most likely to be in newer cem. Please try to determine this if possible first. Thank you.
15. OLD ST. JOSEPH, Ashland-going over SVR transcriptions up to 1989 for this cem as I can. **NOTE: Same applies to this cem w/New St. Joseph, Old/New St. Mauritius-Please check your entries to make sure they are correct if possible to avoid duplicates. Thank you.
16. IOOF AKA "WILDCAT", Girardville*-SVR transcriptions, photos completed, current.
17. (OLD) ST. JOSEPH, Girardville when/if possible. (POSTED-enforced). This cem is highly overgrown on hillside, in bad general condition due to age, neglect, weather, vandalism. Pics up document cem in it's current state. There may be duplicate posts due to described damage. If I find plots w/out markers they will be put up as such. More than likely that may be the ONLY thing left as nature has taken it back. Not maintained. If you have any help to offer please do! (Names, dates, etc.), Thank you.
18. ST. IGNATIUS, Centralia, Columbia Co., adding photos/entries when I can.
19. Adding pics to Old St. Joseph and Old St. Mauritius cems, Ashland, when I can. Keeping the newer sections of these cems up to date as well w/help of others.
20. CHURCH OF GOD, Weishample*, current *Check entries, some have shown up in SALEM UNITED BRETHREN cem up the road from this one that belong here. They are very close same side of rd.
21. (NEW) HOLY ROSARY, (Englewood section) Frackville-western/new side cem only*, current
22. ANNUNCIATION B.V.M.,(Englewood Section)Frackville*, current
23. Ss. PETER & PAUL'S POLISH (of St. Clair), at Port Carbon*, current. All photos courtesy of J. Vaughn.
24. GREENWOOD AKA CHURCH OF GOD, Frackville-adding photos/entries when I can.
25. ENGLEWOOD SECTION, Frackville-adding entries/photos when I can to cems here.
26. BROCK, Ashland-photos when I can.
*My pics are TRUE to locations. I will not pull any of my entries that are placed *Correctly First after making the effort of actual FOOTWORK, editing, etc. to post them. (This is directed at some who refuse to move or delete duplicates). I know my area well being born and raised here. If I can help someone w/locations, names of older places I will, just ask.
**NOTE: Check entries before posting for following CEMS in ENGLEWOOD section of FRACKVILLE, these include:
1. St. Vincent DePaul of Girardville
2. St. Louis/Our Lady of Siluva of Maizeville
3. New Holy Rosary, Maizeville/Frackville
4. *Old/New St. Joseph of Frackville
Many associated w/the "Foot patch towns" of Mahanoy Plane, Gilberton, Maizeville, Cork(town), poss. Boston Run, Powder Mill Rd., all located at "the foot" of Frackville mt.; Girardville and it's sections/patches of Wildcat(Run), Preston Hill, Connerton incl. Fingerboard sec., Colorada/o, Rappahannock. This does NOT incl. Lost Creek 1 & 2, Smokey Hollow Patch village, Deansville, William Penn, Raven Run, Brownsville, others located between Girardville and Shenandoah; Weston(Place), Wiggans, Shenandoah Heights, Vulcan, but can't rule out the odd one. SOME PATCHES NO LONGER EXIST due to extensive mining. I add names as I find them.
Best to check ALTAMONT section, Frackville of OLD H.R. & OLD St. Joe's/poss. Zion's/Lutheran FIRST for burials from THESE CHURCHES, then Englewood. There are other Cems located in ENGLEWOOD section, these get the most attention.
*UPDATE! 1/2014: Info for Old & New St. Joseph Cems of Frackville-BOTH are located in ENGLEWOOD section as stated by parish office, as is NEW H.R. Cemetery. Only OLD Holy Rosary is in Altamont.
BOTH O.H.R./Old St. Joseph TRANSCRIBED as located in Altamont by SVR-any burial locations for memorials listed by me for Altamont taken from SVR, photos still true to location.
*Finally a THANK YOU to those who supply the info and get me out when I can-All things Schuylkill: Schuylkill Vital Records (SVR), Joanne Vaughn, Peggy Scully-(esp. for St. Joseph, Girardville), CARETAKERS, local residents & friends, historical societies & libraries, churches, f/g, and anyone willing to share info or tag along w/me. Beth, Carrie & Wendy w/all things Columbia, Northumberland Co's.
Terry and Emily for their INVALUABLE help w/southern searches!! Joan, southern cems, pics.
All other kindnesses reguarding transfers of family members and information supplied-THANK YOU!!!
|Find A Grave Friends|
Autumn, Bev, Buddy, D C McJonathan-..., Deb, DonZas, Emily, Frank & Lillian, gleebigg (inact..., Goldeneagle, HuntCoTx (inact..., James Hill, Joanne Gross Va..., Joe Nihen, Josh Myers, Kathi Shuler, Ken - TN (inact..., Kim Y-H, Leanne Keefer B..., Lotsogenealogy ..., [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for J.G.B. (175)||[Leave Message]|
|Pam Acquaviva Kalbfleisch||RE: Scholtes, St. Mauritius...|
No worries, thanks for your response. :)
|Donna J Breuer||J. Brown|
Thanks for the photo of Chester and Laura Umlauf
s tombstone we appreciate your help
|W. E. B.||RE: Duncan at Christ Church Cem., Ft.Spgs.|
Ok, well, thanks for the photos.
Added by W. E. B. on Mar 30, 2014 5:49 PM
Thank you very much for adding the photos for me. I really appreciate it.
|Shirley Ann Rankin||David Reese|
Thanks for posting the photograph of his headstone.
I deleted it. thanks
|Peggy Scully||Patrick Brazill|
Looks like the stone leaning against the Large stone iis part of Patrick's stone.
|RoadRunner||Jesse and Sarah Carl|
Thank you for taking the picture of their grave. I know how many stones there are in Fountain Springs, so it was no small task.
|C. Campbell||RE: Fegley at Brock...|
Judy, You have done enough I think the pictures are good enough. I hope to be up in Sch. & Northum sometime this spring and plan to stop up in Brocks to look at some of the Howenstine graves and stops at other cemeteries. Carrie C.
|C. Campbell||Fegley's Brock's|
Judy, Thank you very much for getting the photo,. It does look like there was another stone there and I wonder if any of the children or of the Howenstine or Fegley family shared the plot. The Fegley stone looks original to the time period, but the footer looks older. Carrie C
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service