|Donald Reindl (#47218224)|
| || member for 5 years, 11 months, 5 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
1) OECONYMS: Slovenian gravestones often contain oeconyms (farm/house names, hišna imena). Sometimes it isn't clear which name is the surname and which the oeconym. In some cases I've entered oeconyms as surnames when no surname is available. Corrections are appreciated. Try searching an individual Slovenian cemetery by first name instead of last name if you think a memorial may have been entered using an oeconym.
2) DIACRITICS: This site no longer searches for many special characters (čšž äöüß etc.); searching for them returns reconfigured names (e.g., looking for "Božič" returns only "Boi"). To find such records, try searching by truncated last names ("Bo" for "Božič"), and/or first names that don't have diacritics ("Zofija Bo" for "Zofija Božič," "Marica" for "Marica Črv"). (Select "Do partial name search on surname".) Also try scanning known cemeteries ("View all interments"), which is a good idea anyhow because of spelling variations.
Another option: enter "site:.findagrave.com" (without quotes) followed by a space and the name you are searching for into your web browser (e.g., "site:.findagrave.com božič").
3) ALPHABETIZATION: Names with diacritics don't properly alphabetize (ČABC...XÜYZÄÖŠŽ), so be sure to scan up and down lists when searching.
4) WRONG CHARACTERS: This site used to convert some letters with diacritics (e.g., č > è). I've updated my entries to fix this (please let me know if you see any I missed).
5) SISTORY links: Many of my wartime memorials include information (dates, places, relations) from the SiStory website. Any web addresses given were accurate at the time posted, but some of the ID numbers have changed over time.
|Messages left for Donald Reindl (207)||[Leave Message]|
|Juancito Holland||Russell Falconer|
To get your request for a photo of this grave site at Live Oak Memorial Park in Monrovia, California it would help if you could call the cemetery and obtain the grave location and add that information to your request.
They are very busy but they do respond to requests but you might have to leave them your email or telephone number so that they can contact you with the grave location at a time to suit their work schedule.
Their number is (626) 359-5311
|Bob Ferda||Fecske stone|
You're welcome. Glad I could take the picture for you.
|Seeker Mel||RE: James Rolfe (# 126789859)|
you are welcome. I know that Martha was on the side left of his name. But who ever made the memorials didn't connect them so not sure if Martha is James wife.
|Keith Erickson||Mary Schwabe Photo Request|
I have checked the cemetery records and found where Mary is buried but unfortunately there is no headstone for her. I have posted a photo of the area and marked the grave site for her. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Keith
|Laura Aanenson||RE: Klitzke|
Thank you for sending additional information for these memorials and for all you do on Find A Grave.
I received your suggested edits of the memorials above. Please provide the sources of your information and I will make the changes you requested. Thank you for helping keep Find A Grave an accurate and valuable genealogical tool!
|terry devos||John and Emma Wokaty|
My husband's great great aunt and uncle are John and Emma Wokaty. We are wondering if you are possibly a relative of ours and also if you have any more information about them. Where exactly are they from? We are thinking of buying them a gravestone.
|Donna Artist||RE: Irene Farkas|
|Tyler Prondzinski||RE: Preserje|
Don, thanks for adding the photos.
Added by Pat Wood on Jun 07, 2015 12:28 AM
|[View all messages...]|