|Kinseeker's Cousin||Israel/Ezell Family Site|
I don't know if you're aware that the MyFamily.com sites are being discontinued on Sept 30. A few of us from the Israel/Ezell site are getting together on Facebook. If you're interested in staying in touch, let me know and I can hook you up.
Added by Kinseeker's Cousin on Sep 15, 2014 1:30 PM
|Judie||RE: Esther Wylie|
Thanks, but your memorial is the original. The other memorial is the duplicate. Leave your memorial. When findagrave was not under ancestry.com control, the original memorial stayed and the other was merged. I do not know the rule for duplicates now. Please leave it as it is.
Added by Judie on Jun 26, 2014 8:19 PM
|Linda Davis||RE: Henry Garrison Newton|
Interesting. I will share that.
Added by Linda Davis on Jun 03, 2014 11:57 AM
|R Michael López||Tranfers|
Thank you for the Van Hooser transfers, it is much appreciated.
Added by R Michael López on May 30, 2014 8:22 PM
I just sent you some information for the page of Joseph Cantrell.
The correct date of the newspaper should have read:
Monday, January 12, 1948
rather than the date I put on the sac.
Sorry for the mix-up
Added by NJBrewer on May 19, 2014 11:03 PM
|Kinseeker's Cousin||RE: Scott and Israel Families|
I've just compiled a list of references to Cherokee blood in the family that I've heard about.
1. My great grandfather William Albert, son of Levi claimed to be 1/4 Cherokee, I've heard that from several of our distant cousins who were his grandchildren.
2. His sister Rachel claimed to have Cherokee blood. Rosemary Patton got that from a descendant of Rachel's. I think it was Barbara Light Starr.
3. His brother Robert: I saw on an Ancestry tree that said Robert was supposed to been have part Osage. I contacted the owner of the tree and she doesn't remember where she got the info and she's not sure if she got the right tribe. It was a tree for Robert's in-laws, so I feel pretty safe to say they just got the tribes mixed up.
4. His daughter Dona claimed that she and her children were mixed Cherokee on the 1930 census.
5. His aunt Kizzia: I just heard from one of her descendants, George Weaver who says, "There is family tradition of "Indian" ancestry in my Weaver family. I have searched diligently for it to no avail. My grandfather, Odes weaver taught me to count to 20 in "Indian." He never said where that came from. He died suddenly at the age of 59 His aunt, Leona Weaver Byrd, was told when her husband died, that if she fell on hard times, that she could go to the Cherokee reservation in North Carolina. She never did."
6. Kizzia's son Calvin Weaver. Here's what Rosemary said about him:
In the 1860 Census of Union County, Tennessee on page 142 is:
Calvin Weaver 28 m mu Tn farmer
Elizabeth 27 f mu Tn
Mary Ann 5 f mu Tn
William H. 1 m ... Tn
In the 1860 and 1870 Census, a designation of "mu" meant Mulatto and was used at that time for anyone of dark complexion and included Native American.
7. A lady named Janice (I can't remember her last name and I can't find her message) has a sister who married into Kizzia's family. She contacted me on the Ancestry site and asked me if I knew of any Cherokee blood in the family. Their oral family history is that Kizzia said the family left North Carolina before the Trail of Tears march began. To me, that seems like an odd thing to say unless it affected them directly.
You may know some of the people listed above. I'm pretty sure you know Rosemary. Anyway, It sure sounds like we've got some Cherokee blood!
Added by Kinseeker's Cousin on Apr 06, 2014 10:57 PM
|Kinseeker's Cousin||Scott and Israel Families|
My name is Connie Israel. Kisziah (Israel) Scott, the mother of Rufus Lafollette Scott was my GG Aunt. My Great Grandfather Israel (Kisziah's brother) always told the family he was 1/4 Cherokee. I've also heard that story from the descendants of some of his other siblings. Have you heard the story?
Added by Kinseeker's Cousin on Mar 12, 2014 10:20 AM
|Misty & Company||Ezra and Dorothy Scott|
Not related they were part of a large group we took over management from another member if your related please use edit tab and state relationship to them.
R & S
Added by Misty & Company on Dec 26, 2013 4:34 AM
|Sheryll Alms Wright||RE: Dorothee E. Werre Ditzler|
Rudolph was born in 1873, and Dorothee (Werre) Ditzler died in 1880, so the only census that both could be found together would be the 1880 census. But Dorothee (Werre) Ditzler died in May 1880, so when the census was taken in June 1880 she wasn't listed because she was deceased. Rudolph Ditzler should be on the 1880 census, but I haven't been able to find him yet.
Added by Sheryll Alms Wright on Sep 24, 2013 2:12 PM
Thanks for updating Grace Pearl Anderson's memorial.
Added by JD Day on Sep 22, 2013 12:15 PM
|Darla Love||Elijah Alonzo Franklin|
I noticed that you show his mother as Nancy Strong, it should read Strawn.
Many thanks for making the change.
Added by Darla Love on Mar 29, 2013 8:32 PM
|Paul Wilkes||Transfer Request|
First, thanks for finding the Ament memorial (#29666056). I had been looking in wrong county in Missouri. Second, if this lady isn't in your ancestral line, would you consider transferring her memorial to me? I have a lot of info to add and it's so much simpler if I can manage the page. If you don't want to do this, I'll understand. If you're willing, my FindAGrave number is #46492597. If you look at my profile, you can see that the Ament line is special to me. Thanks for your time.
Paul and Linda Wilkes (listed as Paul Wilkes)
Added by Paul Wilkes on Mar 04, 2013 5:24 PM
|Janet S. Alvis||Thank you!|
Will certainly keep that in mind ;)
Added by Janet S. Alvis on Feb 18, 2013 9:52 PM
|Janet S. Alvis||Mianda|
Thank you very much! Much appreciated ;)
Added by Janet S. Alvis on Feb 17, 2013 4:16 PM
|Cora Wilson||RE: William T. Leith|
Thank you for setting it up. This is my great great grandfather. It is a wonderful thing you are doing.
Added by Cora Wilson on Nov 24, 2012 1:56 PM
We are cousins. I would like to share info on descendents of Andrew Newton and Mary Rippee.
Added by Renee on Jul 26, 2012 5:22 PM
|Jim Clark||Wills Cemetery|
You have Charles Ewers listed twice. Please Link him to the family.
Wills Cemetery Association Inc
Jim Clark, Director
Added by Jim Clark on May 29, 2012 9:22 AM
|Roxanne Weathers||Cemetery in Wainwright, MO is called Link Cemetery|
Hi Ron, I seen where you had some memorials listed in the Wainwright Cemetery, Callaway County, MO and I wanted to let you know that that cemetery is not called Wainwright it is the Link Cemetery. You are not the only one who has memorials listed in the Wainwright Cemetery that is actually called Link Cemetery. I just didn't know who to contact so I picked you.
Can you please help me with this matter? Thank you. Roxanne
Added by Roxanne Weathers on May 04, 2012 2:48 AM
|Kristie Mudgett Doyel||uncle Walt's transfer|
Thank you for the transfer Ron, and for all the ancestry info on our mutual Scott family too. I was able to find the story & a photo for Earnest Afton Scott too, very interesting!
Added by Kristie Mudgett Doyel on Apr 26, 2012 12:35 AM
James is in Hillcrest Cemetery, Mountain Grove, Wright Co, Mo.
Added by bill on Mar 11, 2012 9:09 AM
|Finding Family||Clara (Blinzler)|
Ron - No, I don't know her. I was just doing some research for someone I work with - her gr-gr-grandfather, Ethmer Cook, was married to Mary Blinzler.
Added by Finding Family on Jan 18, 2012 6:27 PM
Can you transfer all the Starnes and Paynes (if any). These are all my family. If not I understand.
Added by Rodney Kerns on Dec 09, 2011 12:44 PM
|Rodney Kerns||Rebecca Lee Carder Starnes|
Rebecca Leath Carder Starnes is her real name, she is my great great grandmother.
Added by Rodney Kerns on Dec 08, 2011 11:00 PM
|C Breeden||RE: Thomas Smith Scott|
Looks like you will have to create a new memorial at the High Point Cemetery in Webster Co. The other listings at the Laclede Co High Point actually belong in Camden Co.(I contacted them.) When you create the new memorials, request a photo and I will upload.
Added by C Breeden on Nov 16, 2011 12:36 PM
|C Breeden||Wrong High Point Cemetery|
Your Find A Grave Memorials# 22199788 and 22199841
Belong at the High Point Cemetery in Webster County, not Laclede County.
I recently stumbled upon the cemetery. I have a photo of their stone.
Added by C Breeden on Nov 09, 2011 5:52 PM