|Birth: ||Jun. 16, 1860|
|Death: ||Jun. 21, 1949|
Rhoda was the daughter of James Sherman & Pricey Judith (Bolling) Mullins.
Her siblings were Drushia Ann, Mary E., Eli, Savilla, Spencer, Andrew, & William Valentine.
Rhoda married William James Branham in Pike Co, KY on Jan. 15, 1880. She was 19 years old, & he was 20.
On June 8, 1880, James & Rhoda J., both 21, lived in Walker, Wise Co, VA.
They moved to Dickenson Co, VA, & on June 22, 1900, James (Oct. 1858) & Rhoda, shown as Rosa J. (Feb. 1859) both age 41, lived in Willis, Dickenson Co, VA where they owned a farm, their means of support. They had been married 20 years; Rhoda had given birth to nine children, but one had died.
Their children were shown as:
Mary A., age 14 (April 1885)
Lumson, 13 (Feb. 1887)
Nancy B., 11 (Jan. 1889)
Jesee, 8 (Feb. 1892)
Nelson, 6 (April 1894)
John W., 4 (March 1896)
Rebecky, 3, (March 1897).
On April 20, 1910, James, age 40, & Rhoda, 42, lived in Ervinton, Dickenson Co, VA. James owned a car & worked as an Operator at a saw mill. They had been married 25 years. Rhoda had given birth to 11 children, but only 7 had survived.
Their children were shown as:
Columbus Branham - 21
Nelson Branham - 18
John W Branham - 14
On Jan. 19, 1920, James, age 60, & Rhoda (Rody), 60, lived in Clintwood, Dickenson Co, VA. James was a Wagoner carrying General Merchandise. Rhoda worked at the Kaper Boarding house. Their 32 year old son, Jim, lived with them.
On April 19, 1930, James, age 70, & Rhoda, 72, lived in Willis, Dickenson Co, VA where they owned a farm. Their son, Columbus, age 42, who was single lived with them and helped with the farm work.
On May 4, 1940, Rhoda, now age 80, lived in Clincho, Dickenson Co, VA with her son Nelson, 44, & his wife, Lula, 42, & family. They owned a home on Road 676 valued at $1800. Nelson had a job cutting timber at a saw mill with a salary of $125/month.
Their children were Pantel, age 13 (son); Lockie, 12 (daughter); Dimpsy, 9 (son), Floe, 6 (daughter), Wilburn, 19, & his wife Margie, 19.
Rhoda lived nine more years dying at age 91 on June 21, 1949.
Thanks to Barbara Edwards Blair for providing the correct census for 1900 & for the following information. Her mother was the daughter of Nancy B. Branham and Walter Puckett. Barbara wrote, "I was personally acquainted with 6 of the above children. Nancy B. and Dottie Bell are one and the same. She has one daughter still living."
William James (He went by James)and Rhoda had 11 children:
1. Mary Ann Branham was born in Apr 1885 in Praise, Pike Co., Ky.
2. Columbus Branham was born in 1887 in Kentucky. He died in 1965.
3. Jim Branham was born about 1888 in Kentucky.
4. Nancy Belle Branham was born in 1889 in Pike Co., KY. She died on 28 Sep 1954 in Virginia, United States. She married Walter Gray Puckett in Jan 1910.
5. Jesse Branham was born on 18 Feb 1891. She died on 23 Jan 1926 (Counts Cemetery, Nealy Ridge, Dickenson Co., Va.).
6. Nelson Branham was born in 1892 in Kentucky.
7. John West Branham was born on 03 Apr 1894 in Kentucky.
8. Rebecca Branham was born in Mar 1897 in Virginia.
9. Elizabeth Branham
10. Loyd Branham (twin)was born in 1903 in Virginia. He died in 1903 (buried near John Flannigan Dam, Dickenson Co., Va.).
11. George Branham(twin) was born in 1903 in Virginia He died in 1903 (buried near John Flannigan Dam, Dickenson Co., Va.).
William "James" Branham (1859 - 1932)
Columbus Branham (1887 - 1965)*
John W. Branham (1896 - 1976)*
"Asleep in Jesus"
Counts Chapel Cemetery
Created by: Virginia Brown
Record added: Sep 10, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 41813162