|Birth: ||Dec. 28, 1788|
|Death: ||Aug. 8, 1867|
Elias Smith mar. 1) Sarah Ayers b. 5 May 1795 the daughter of Levi and Pheby [Phebe] Russel/Russell Ayers. She was Christened at Clove Valley Dutch Reformed Church, Wantage, Sussex Co., NJ in Jan. 1797. They were married in Sussex County, NJ 17 Nov 1810. No gravestone or burial site has surfaced for her. I've narrowed her death to between the birth of her youngest son, Peter A. Smith 5 Feb. 1816/1817 and 27 Mar. 1818, the time of Elias Smith's mar. to his second wife, Catharine Adams. -
They had four known children:
1) Harriet Smith who mar. John Thompson
2) Jacob Smith who mar. Eleanor Thompson, died in Iowa.
3) David Madison Smith mar. Susanna Jacoby.
4) Peter Ayers Smith mar. Sarah Estella Compton
Elias mar. 2nd Catharine Adams in New Jersey. They had 3 known children:
1) Sally/Sarah Smith b. 1820 [no further info]
2) Margaret Smith mar. [2nd?] Samuel Gardner, Mem #81509962
3) Elias A. Smith mar. 1) Ann McGeever 2) Amy Barton. Elias' Memorial #81668202.- [LCE]
During the War of 1812, Elias served from 3 Sep 1814 to 6 Dec 1814 in the 2nd NJ Infantry in Capt. Wm. Dunn's Co. Dates of b. & d. given as "12-28-1788 to 8-8-1867; Section Lot No. F, Grave No. 11.
Source: Pennsylvania Veteran's Burial Cards.
Catharine Adams Smith
Margaret Smith Gardner (____ - 1895)*
Harriet Ayers Smith Thompson (1811 - 1898)*
Jacob Smith (1813 - 1896)*
Peter Ayers Smith (1816 - 1892)*
Elias A Smith (1827 - 1900)*
Henry Smith (1835 - 1923)*
Note: War of 1812 vet. However, no miltary marker at this time.
Plot: Section 7
Maintained by: LeBookLuver
Originally Created by: JGordon24
Record added: Jul 19, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 73634925