|Birth: ||Apr. 16, 1763|
|Death: ||Apr. 21, 1838|
Mary was the daughter and eldest child of Andrew and Mary (Rindge) Dodge. She had four younger siblings, Samuel, Sarah, Andrew and Luke.
She died the widow of Lieut. Nathaniel Lakin Jr., whom she married at Groton on Jan. 20, 1785. (Marriage intentions were published Jan. 18, 1785 at Pepperell). She died of mortification in her 75th year.
- A discrepancy exists between MA Vital Records and headstone inscription for her day of death (as transcribed by Samuel A. Green...see transcription below).
- Birth date and bio information from:
1) MA Vital Records: "Vital Records of Ipswich, MA to the end of the year 1849", Pg. 120.
2) Joseph Thompson Dodge: "Genealogy of the Dodge Family of Essex County Mass 1629-1698"; Democrat Printing Company, Wisconsin; Vol. 1 1894, Pg. 105.
- Death date and marriage info from:
1) "Vital Records of Pepperell, MA, to the end of the year 1849", Vol. 1, Pg. 187, 281.
2) "Vital Records of Groton, MA, to the end of the year 1849", p. 55.
Nathaniel Lakin (1762 - 1816)
Edmund Lakin (1798 - 1854)*
Nancy Lakin Conant (1803 - 1896)*
[Willow Tree and Urn.]
MARY. WIDOW OF
LAKIN Who died
April 21, 1838
Created by: David Shipley
Record added: Mar 19, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 87034309