|Birth: ||Dec. 15, 1851|
|Death: ||Mar. 8, 1889|
Wife of John G. Honeywell.
John G. Honeywell was married in La Salle County, Illinois on March 29, 1868 to Frances B. Parker. One record lists her as a native of Washington County, Illinois, but this may very well actually be Washington, Tazewell County, Illinois. Frances B. Parker is believed to have been born on December 15, 1851. In 1850, the following Parker family is found in Woodford County, Illinois;
1850 Federal Census, District 56, Woodford Co., IL
James Parker, 80
Mary Parker, 65
James Parker, 30
Milldrew Parker, 25
Martin Parker, 23
There is a marriage of a James Parker to an Avey Bruce found in Woodford Co. on February 16, 1851 which may be the James Parker, age 30, of above.
Carol Dorward found the following information about the Parkers;
1860 Federal Census, Minonk, Woodford Co., IL
James Parker, 38, farmer, Real estate $7000, Personal estate $200, VA
Achsa Parker, 25, IN
Frances Parker, 8, IL
Lewis T. Parker, 7, IL
Elizabeth Parker, 4, IL
Leona Parker, 3, IL
William B. Parker, 2, IL
Oliver Parker, 4 months, IL
1870 Federal Census, Groveland, La Salle Co., IL
James Parker, 50, VA, farmer, Real estate $2800, Personal estate $600
Axcie Parker, 35, IN
Lewis T. Parker, 16, IL
Elizabeth Parker, 15, IL
Leonia L. Parker, 13, IL
Wm. B. Parker, 10, IL
James Parker, 9, IL
Mary E. Parker, 8, IL
Harvie Parker, 5, IL
Olive Parker, 2, IL
Six children are known to have been born to John and Frances. They are;
1. Reuben Honeywell, born c. 1868/69 in Illinois; apparently died before 1880 as he his not listed with the family in 1880.
2. Athaliah Honeywell, born c. 1875 in Iowa; married to __________ Brooks; residing in Oakland, California in 1925 at the time of her father's death; One of John's children is known to have gone by the nickname "Hattie" and I am wondering if this was Athaliah?
3. John G. Honeywell, born August 30, 1876 in Iowa; died February 14, 1882; buried in the Greenwood Cemetery, Adams County, Nebraska.
4. Fannie B. Honeywell, born c. 1878 in Nebraska; married to ____________ Goetchell; residing in Oakland, California i 1925 at the time of her father's death.
5. LeRoy Garfield Honeywell, born __________ __, 1880 in Hall County, Nebraska; residing in Brewster, Nebraska at the time of his father's death in 1925.
6. William R. "Willie" Honeywell, born December __, 1887 in Iowa. Residing in Brewster, Nebraska at the time of his father's death in 1925.
At the time of the 1870 census, John, Frances, their son Reuben and John's brother, William R. Honeywell, are all found residing together near Lawn Ridge, Illinois in Valley Township, Stark County, Illinois;
John G. Honeywell, 26, Farmer, Personal Estate $375, OH
Frances B. Honeywell, 18, Keeping House, IL
Reuben Honeywell, 1, IL
William R. Honeywell (brother), 24, Farmer, Personal Estate $530, OH
See John G. Honeywell's Find A Grave biography for more information about her.
Karen Hansen, a member of the Walnut Genealogical Society, located the obituary of Frances B. Honeywell in the Friday March 15, 1889 edition of the Walnut Bureau;
The funeral of Mrs. John Honeywell took place Saturday afternoon from the M. E. church. She leaves a husband and four children to mourn her loss. She was a patient wife, a kind mother and a devoted christian. To the bereaved family are extended the sympathies of the friends and neighbors."
John Grove Honeywell (1844 - 1925)*
John G Honeywell (1876 - 1882)*
Layton Township Cemetery
Created by: Baxter B. Fite III
Record added: Nov 13, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 80387170