|Birth: ||Feb. 10, 1745|
|Death: ||Nov., 1831|
New York, USA
Josiah Palmer, 12th and youngest child of Eleazer Palmer and Mary Lillie, b. Feb 10, 1744/5 at Windham, Conn. He d. in Nov. 1831 at Columbus, NY.
On May 22, 1770 at Windham, Conn., Josiah m. Phebe Manning, dau. of Joseph Manning and Phebe Lillie, b. Apr. 14, 1748 at Windham, Conn. She d. at Columbus, NY in Dec. 1821.
The Josiah Palmer family resided at Windham, Conn. then shortly at the adjoining town of Mansfield before relocating to Columbus, NY after the year 1810. In the June 1820 census of Columbus, NY, Josiah and Phebe were residing with the family of their oldest son Andrew, who died at Columbus in 1822. In the June 1830 census of Columbus, the widower Josiah Palmer was undoubtedly the elderly male member of his son Oliver Palmer's household.
Josiah and Phebe (Manning) Palmer had the following children:
• i. Erastus Palmer, b. July 29, 1772 at Windham, d. there unmarried May 19, 1793.
• ii. Andrew Palmer, b. Oct. 19, 1774 at Windham, d. in 1822 at Columbus, NY; m. Rachel Tracy, dau. of John Tracy and Esther Pride, b. Aug. 22, 1781 at Norwich, Conn. She d. Oct. 29, 1852 at Waterford, Wisconsin. Four known children of the family.
• iii. Phebe Palmer, b. Jan. 15, 1777 at Windham, d. circa 1810 poss. at Easton, NY; m. Dec 1, 1802 poss. at Mansfield as his 1st wife, John William(s) Robinson, b. Apr. 23, 1782 at Windham, s. of Eliab Robinson and Lucy Champion Richardson. Three children of the marriage. He d. Jan. 31, 1863 at Orfordville, Wisconsin.
• iv. Hannah Palmer, b. May 2, 1779 at Windham, d. there in infancy May 28, 1779.
• v. Elias Palmer, b. July 7, 1780 at Windham, d. Jan. 10, 1878; m. Anna C. Bemis, b. in 1784 at Mass. and d. in 1877 at Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. Seven children of the family.
• vi. Oliver Palmer, b. Aug. 3, 1783 prob. at Mansfield, d. Sept. 16, 1859 at Columbus, NY; m. Dec. 25, 1811 at Mansfield, Parna (q.v. Parne, Perne) Storrs, dau. of Samuel Storrs and Persis How, b. June 12, 1787 at Mansfield. She d. Nov. 18, 1870 at Columbus, NY. Four children of the family.
• vii. Oren Palmer, b. Oct. 11, 1789 at Mansfield and apparently died before reaching adulthood, poss. at Columbus, NY.
Eleazer Palmer (1702 - 1781)
Mary Lillie Palmer (1702 - 1768)
Phebe Manning Palmer (1748 - 1821)*
Erastus Palmer (1772 - 1793)*
Andrew Palmer (1774 - 1822)*
Hannah Palmer (1779 - 1779)*
Elias Palmer (1780 - 1878)*
Oliver Palmer (1783 - 1859)*
Josiah shares a common gravestone with his wife Phebe, but her portion of the gravestone is broken and a portion is missing.
Carter School House Cemetery
New York, USA
Maintained by: Don Blauvelt
Originally Created by: Jim Livermore
Record added: Mar 06, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 66549104
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.
great grandfather RIP|
Added: Nov. 19, 2014
Added: Jun. 12, 2011