|Birth: ||Sep. 25, 1875|
San Augustine County
|Death: ||Apr. 14, 1959|
Roger Mills County
Kate was married 4 Dec 1892 to Henry David "Bud" BAGGETT. Kate's parents were John Calvin PRITCHETT & Sarah Robina POLK, Sarah is buried in the McRae cemetery in San Augustine, TX. Sarah Robina Polk parents were Benjamin F. POLK and Margaret"Peggy" Moore Polk of San Augustine, TX. The Polk's family seemed related to almost everyone who was anyone in deep east texas politics, as well as to national figures like President James K. Polk.
Kate Siblings were:
*Amanda Ophelia (Pritchett) Baggett - b. 19 Feb 1878 in San Augustine, TX, d. 18 May 1967 in Odessa, Ector Co. TX, burial in Seminole Co. OK.; married to Ephrian Robert Larkin Baggett b. 25 Sep 1871, Marion Co. GA, d. 23 Jun 1952, Seminole Co. OK. They were married on 16 Nov 1893 in San Augustine, TX.
Henry's parents were John Mack Henry BAGGETT & Kezziah Ann Cordelia LUNSFORD.
Kate was called "Raye" when she was young, but she said she was named "Robina" after her Mother. Her neighbors and family called her "Kate" after her marriage.
Religion played a distinct part in the makeup of the family. The children do not remember when a prayer of Thanksgiving was not prayed at every meal. Both the mother and father were converted when they were young people and became members of the Baptist Church near San Augustine, Texas
They raised 13 children, which of these...two died in wars. Oldest was in World War I and youngest was in World War II.
1. Lucius Therold, September 25,1893-deceased,October 9, 1918.
2. Mack Bonda, Oct. 18, 1894. wife, Arvie, Children: Herman, Bonnie Ruth, Darrell Dean, and Mack.
3. James Everett, Jan. 9, 1896. Wife Esther.
Children James Everett, Jr. (dec), Bryce Allen,
4. Newman V., December 19, 1896. Wife, Estella-Children: Clifford, Harold, Floyd and Raymond. occ. Teacher, farmer, self employed.
Strong City, Oklahoma
5. Eala Mae, Nov. 1, 1898. Husband,Charles H Fuller, Children: Monroe and Verda Uysic. Three grandchildren.
Housewife. Graham, Texas
6. John Walter, Feb 4, 1900. Wife, Lyndell.
Children Bonnie V., John W. Jr., Kate Marie, Fern, Mildred. Carpenter, Diamond Match Co., Chico, California
7. Terence I., March 8, 1904. Wife Willie. Children,Terrance Jr., Acie Charles, William David, Ronald Lee, James Arlie, and Trent. Address: Sayre, Okla. Employed at Strange-Jones Hardware Co. as Salesman.
8. Eula, August 23, 1905. Husband, Harold Knight. Children, Edna Mae (deceased), Harold Jr. Occupation, teacher and housewife. Address: Higgins, Texas.
9. Cecil D. Feb. 3, 1908. Wife, Alma. Children
Dwayne, Elaine and David Lloyd. Occupation:
minister. Address: First Baptist Church, Waynoka,OK.
10. Acie W. Feb 26, 1910. Wife, Irene. Children: Bobbie, Billie Jean, Vonnie. Employed, Diamond Match Co. Chico, California
11. Fern Burns, November 1, 1911. Widow. Children: Wilma Jean, Carol A., Katherine. Address: Fort Worth,TX Self-employed.
12. Lorene, August 10, 1913. Husband, Bill Lauer. Children: Billie and Renee. Employed: Eason Grinding Co. Whittier, California.
13. Voyne, January 23, 1916-Deceased-Sicily WW II,1943
Sarah Robina POLK Burleson Pritchett (1838 - 1889)
Henry David BAGGETT (1872 - 1959)
Lucius Therold Baggett (1893 - 1918)*
Mack Bonda Baggett (1894 - 1981)*
Newman Vespucius BAGGETT (1896 - 1978)*
James Everett Baggett (1896 - 1959)*
John Walter Baggett (1900 - 1984)*
Terrance I Baggett (1904 - 1981)*
Eula Carolyn Baggett Knight (1905 - 1991)*
Cecil D. Baggett (1908 - 1991)*
Richard Voyne Baggett (1915 - 1943)*
Roger Mills County
Maintained by: phil r johnson
Originally Created by: Fred Downs
Record added: Sep 24, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 42328927
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.
You sacrificed and suffered tremendously, having lost two sons in our nation's wars. Thank you and rest in peace.|
Added: Feb. 20, 2010