|Birth: ||Apr. 2, 1853|
New York, USA
|Death: ||Dec. 9, 1920|
Theodore was the son of Nathan Bachelor and his wife Emily Van Patten.
Theodore married Mary Melissa Moseley on 10/25/1876 in Tompkins Co., NY.
Theodore and Mary and their children lived in Petoskey, Emmet, MI.
5 BACHELOR children:
1. Clarence Theodore (9/19/1877-9/6/1972) B-Tompkins Co., NY; m. Cora May Vorce on 2/16/1903 in Petoskey, Emmet, MI. Cora (9/5/1882-6/5/1964) was the daughter of Frank Vorce and his wife Emma Hickey. Clarence died in CA. Cora died in Long Beach, CA.
3 BACHELOR children:
1. Clarence Frank B-2/2/1909 Petoskey, Emmet, MI m. Mary Orpha Gibson on 9/8/1934;
2. Dorman Neville B-3/15/1909 Petoskey, Emmet, MI m. Ina Martin on 6/8/1941;
3. Delbert/Adelbert L. B-7/21/1910 Petosky, Emmet, MI m. Merville Louise (Carter) Ball on 6/30/1936.
2. Burt E. born in Petoskey, Emmet, MI (1887-1927), m. Mae Brehler.
3. Claude Leland, born in South Lansing, Tompkins, NY (2/13/1880-10/29/1963), died in Long Beach, Los Angeles, CA. Burial: 11/5/1963, Petoskey, Emmet, MI; m. Myra Alice Carpenter.
4. Edith, born in Petoskey, Emmet, MI (9/7/1893-1919); m. Joseph Kretch.
5. Roy B-abt. 1895 born in Petoskey, Emmet, MI.
Rosemary Bachelor, a great-granddaughter of Claude Leland, has reportedly compiled a pictorial history of the Moseley-Bachelor-Johnson-Warner cousins, perhaps in the 1970s.
According to Russell L. Warner, GRS, the Bachelors moved to Petoskey, Emmet, MI from NY state and became commercial fishermen on Lake Michigan.
Russell's father, John C. Warner visited the Bachelors often and found the northern climate beneficial for his many allergies. This in turn led him to purchase property near East Tawas City, MI in about 1918 where for over 50 years the Warner's enjoyed the compansionship of a close-knit family. John's wife, Minnie [Edith] May (Johnson) was a neice to Theodore's wife.
Mary Melissa Moseley Bachelor (1857 - 1913)*
Clarence Bachelor (1877 - 1972)*
Claude Leland Bachelor (1880 - 1963)*
Burt E. Bachelor (1887 - 1927)*
Edith M. Bachelor Kretch (1893 - 1981)*
Created by: Mary E. Warner
Record added: Oct 27, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 79391836