|Birth: ||Apr. 4, 1887|
|Death: ||Mar. 8, 1926|
Violet Mary Nicolas Heschke (39) was the first of four children born to Benjamin Daniel Nicholas and Cora Virilla Brainard. Her father was the first blacksmith in Lake Park, Iowa and she was born in the loft of his blacksmith shop. After all of her siblings were born, the family moved to a David, Iowa where her father owned a business. When Violet was 13 yrs old her mother, Cora, died of TB (1900). Her father later married Mrs. Alpharetta Harmer Sweet Robbins, whose husband had been shot in the only murder in David, IA.
On Sept. 29, 1909 in Storm Lake, Dickinson Co. IA, Violet married Herman August Heschke. To this union was born five children:
1. Grace Ellen Heschke born in 1910 m. Morton Edgar Herron b. 1902 (5 children)Helen Violet, William D., Arthur Calvin, Norma Jean & Wanda Leah Herron.
2. Cora Violet A. Heschke b. 1912 m. Cyrus Eugene Hunn. They had 2 children.
3. James Herman B. Heschke (29) (1914-July 15, 1943 Independence, MO)
4. Charles Henry Heschke b. Mar. 3, 1916- d. Mar. 25 1995 m. Hattie Miles( b. Sept.17,1916 d. July 7, 1996) They had four children: Clifford Allen(1939-2007), LaVerne Dorothy , Roger and Rodney.
5. Ethel Fern Heschke b. 1919 m. Ellery R. Kirchgatter. They had three children Richard Herman, Violet Alyce,& Robert Roy Kirchgatter (16 yrs)(1945-1961)
Violet was bedridden the last 27 years of her life. She died of Diabetes Mellitus.
Benjamin Daniel Nicholas (1863 - 1920)
Cora Virilla Brainard Nicholas (1860 - 1900)
Agnes Heschke Hunn (1913 - 1993)*
Ethel Fern Heschke Kirchgatter (1919 - 1998)*
Violet Mary Nicholas Heschke (1887 - 1926)
Harold James Nicholas (1888 - 1952)*
Grace Edna Nicholas Rowe (1890 - 1978)*
John Benjamin Nicholas (1894 - 1962)*
Maintained by: Evelyn Rowe Nelson
Originally Created by: K. Pike
Record added: Jul 20, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 14987249