William Pinckey Anderson was the son of James Monroe Anderson who was the son of Edmond P. and Adaline(Derchard)Anderson. He graduated from Cumberland University in Lebanon, Tennessee in 1848. His mother was Winifred "Minnie" Polk the daughter of Andrew and Martha Kimbell Polk, who are buried in Leon county TX. Her grandfather was Charles Polk(b.1760), a revolutionary war soldier buried in San Augustine county TX. The POLK family seemed related to almost everyone who was anyone in deep east Texas politics, as well as to national figures like President James K. Polk.
Winifred Polk married James Monroe Anderson, a prominent lawyer in Cherokee county TX, on Nov. 26, 1851.
Charles Edwin ANDERSON b: 28 Sep 1852 in Rusk ,Texas and died 27 Feb 1924 in Austin, TX. He attended Waco public schools, Baylor University and Eastman Business College in New York. He was associated with the Day Land and cattle Company and later established the Matagorda Land and Cattle Company, and became president of the Cattle Raisers Association. He later became vice president of the Heywood Oil co. He was one of the founders of the Austin Country Club and also served on the Austin City Council. He was married to (1st wife)m. Nov 26, 1874, Texas Ellen Goodrich - (2nd wife)m. Oct 16,1920, Myrtle Rogers Looney in Bastrop, TX.
* James P ANDERSON b: Abt. 1855 in Cherokee Co., TX
* Stockton Donley ANDERSON b: March 1857 in Cherokee county Texas; d. Feb 10, 1925, Waco, TX, burial in Houston, TX; occupation was auto parts and gasoline.
* Frank ANDERSON b: abt. 1859 in Cherokee Co., TX;
William P. married Leah Couts on Nov. 11,1893 in Parker county TX. She was the daughter of J.R. Couts and Martha Hardin of Parker county, TX. J. R. Couts was one of the wealthiest cattlemen in Texas, and one who is recognized as the pioneer and father of the City of Weatherford and Parker County . W.P. Anderson brother-in-law was Samuel Burk Burnett, owner of the Four Sixes(6666) ranch.
According to the 1900 census, W.P Anderson was an attorney-of-law. Leah and William P. Anderson had the following children. Living in Palo Pinto county, Texas at this time.
* W. Couts Anderson - b.01/01/1893 d. 12/22/1955; buried in Parker county, TX, City Greenwood Cemetery, Weatherford, TX.
* Susie(Suzanne)Couts Anderson - b. 27 Dec 1895, d.23 Oct 1960, buried in the Oakland Cemetery - married Lloyd Eugene Hutcheson b. 27 Nov 1893, Springtown, Parker County, TX. He died 14 Sept. 1967.
* William P. Anderson - b. Dec 1898
James Monroe Anderson (1824 - 1889)
Winifred Polk Anderson (1832 - 1908)
Leah Couts Anderson (1868 - 1934)
Charles E. Anderson (1852 - 1924)*
James Polk Anderson (1855 - 1937)*
Stockton Donley Anderson (1857 - 1925)*
Lula Martha Anderson Kimbrough (1861 - 1935)*
William Pinckney Anderson (1865 - 1912)
Annie May Anderson Lanham (1873 - 1937)*
Maintained by: phil r johnson
Originally Created by: timcdfw
Record added: Jul 11, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 28210614