|Birth: ||Feb. 4, 1776|
|Death: ||Feb. 28, 1819|
Eli Virgin was the Son of Captain Rezin (sometimes found in records as "Reason" or "Resin") Virgin and Jemima Arnold. More than likely, Eli was born around what was known in 1776 as the Washington County, Pennsylvania area or nearby as his Father, Rezin Virgin was said to have "located on 400 acres of land" in that area in 1780.
Eli married Nancy (also known as "Nackey") Hyatt sometime prior to the birth of their first child, John Hyatt Virgin, in 1798. Nancy, in her 1850 Census Records states that she was born in 1785 in Pennsylvania. This would have meant that she was either a mother at, what is considered today, to be a very young age or that, as so often is found in Census Records, a woman paring off years as she advances in age.
Eli and Nancy had the following children that can be documented (as of June 6, 2013):
1. JOHN HYATT VIRGIN, who was born on April 9, 1798 in Pennsylvania. John married Margaret Hughs on December 8, 1818. Margaret was born on January 12, 1798. John died on October 14, 1858. Margaret died on December 8, 1863 in Menard County, Illinois.
2. DELINDA VIRGIN (This name is incorrectly found in her Brother's, Noah's, autobiography was "Belinda".) was born on April 6, 1799 (probably in Pennsylvania). Delinda married Joseph Raley, who was born on June 3, 1796 and who died on December 9, 1873 in Magnolia Township, Putnam County, Illinois. Delinda died on August 18, 1869 (more than likely in Illinois). Delinda was laid to rest in Raley Cemetery in McNabb Township, Putnam County, Illinois.
3. REZIN (also found as "Reason") VIRGIN was born about 1802 in Pennsylvania. He died before 22 Jan 1873 in (Per his obituary, which I do not have in my possession as of June 6, 2013). Rezin married Mahala Harris sometime before the birth of their first child in 1824. Mahala, according to Census Records was born in Pennsylvania around 1804. She died, according to her Brother-in-law's, Senator Noah Hyatt Virgin's, autobiography on July 3, 1874 in Springhill Township, Greene County, Pennsylvania. This date is in conflict with the date of her printed obituary, which is listed as 7/17/1872 (the date of the print, not the date of the actual death).
4. NANCY VIRGIN was born in Pennsylvania about 1808 She married Isacc Alexander Hill Isaac was born in Pennsylvania around 1801. Nancy died on January 25, 1887. in Fayette County, Pennsylvania. Isaac died on May 8, 1887.
5. NOAH HYATT VIRGIN (who later became a state Senator) was born on December 6, 1812 in in Luzerne Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania. He married Permelia Weed on January 14, 1839 in Grant County, Wisconsin. Permelia was born in 1816 in Pennsylvania. Noah died in Racine County, Wisconsin on December 6, 1892.
6. WILLIAM H. VIRGIN was born in 1817 in Pennsylvania. He died after 1870 in (Per 1870 Census Record). He married MARY MESSERSMITH on 20 Sep 1840 in Iowa County, Wisconsin, daughter of and . She was born in 1822 in Ohio. She died after 1880 in (Per 1880 Census Records).
7. JESSE VIRGIN was born about 1820 in Fayette County, Pennsylvania. Jesse's first Wife was Ophilliphia Huntsberry. She was born in Maryland and died in 1842 in Millsboro Township, Washington County, Pennsylvania.
Jesse's second Wife was Clarinda Huff, Daughter of George Hupp and Ellen (unknown maiden name). Clarinda was born in April of 1820 in Pennsylvania.
Jesse died in June of 1880 in East Bethlehem Township, Washington County, Pennsylvania.
8. KATHERINE VIRGIN. All of the information, which is minimal, comes from her Brother's, Noah Hyatt Virgin's, autobiography. He wrote that she married Anthony Doty ad that she died in Greene County, Pennsylvania.
10. ELI VIRGIN. All of the information, which is minimal, comes from his Brother's, Noah Hyatt Virgin's, autobiography. Noah wrote that Eli died in Indiana in 1826.
11. RUTH VIRGIN. All of the information, which is minimal, comes from her Brother's, Noah Hyatt Virgin's, autobiography. He wrote that she married Elisha Church and that she died in Greene County, Pennsylvania.
Rezin Virgin (1750 - 1825)
Jemima A. Arnold Virgin (1755 - 1824)
John Hyatt Virgin (1798 - 1858)*
Nancy Virgin Hill (1807 - 1887)*
Noah Hyatt Virgin (1812 - 1892)*
Lucy Virgin Downs (1769 - 1847)*
Eli Virgin (1776 - 1819)
Elenor Virgin Everman (1794 - 1864)*
Maintained by: Anastasia Schmidt
Originally Created by: The Ancestor Hunter
Record added: Jul 07, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 39192607