|Birth: ||Apr. 10, 1862|
|Death: ||Jun. 13, 1880|
Family links, death date correction, marriage date, maiden name, middle name, and biographical record for David R. Smith all provided by Findagrave contributor Marta Vaillancourt.
Here is a register report on her and her husband David Richmond Smith, who is FindAGrave # 23718212 in Olive Branch Cemetery, Delaware Co., IN:
1. David Richmond SMITH1. Born on 25 Jul 1856 in Mower Co., MI.2,3 David Richmond died in Jefferson Township, Grant Co., IN, on 7 Jan 1937; he was 80.4 Buried in 1937 in Olive Branch Cemetery, Delaware Co., IN.4 Occupation: farmer in 1880 census for West River Township, Randolph Co., iN. (null).
-David and Armilda married because of gossip in the community after his first wife (Armildas sister Martha) died in or shortly after childbirth and David and Armilda had 5 or 6 children. They divorced over another woman when their first born son Sylvester was in 3rd or 4th grade1
On 26 Aug 1879 when David Richmond was 23, he first married Martha Elizabeth JACKSON5, daughter of Capt. Jacob A. JACKSON & Esther Ann Hester DAVISSON, in Randolph Co, IN.4 Born on 10 Apr 1862 in IN.5,6 Martha Elizabeth died in Randolph Co, IN, on 13 Jun 1880; she was 18.7 Buried in Jun 1880 in Union Chapel Cemetery, Randolph Co., IN.2
-died in or shortly after childbirth in 18801
-her headstone shows that she died June 13 1880, but she is listed as living with her husband, and no baby, on 23 Jun 1880 in the West River Township, Randolph Co., IN census????
They had one child:
i. Martha Julian. Born in Jun 1880 in IN .
-Julians mother died in childbirth or just after childbirth with Julian
On 22 Feb 1881 when David Richmond was 24, he second married Armilda Catherine JACKSON5, daughter of Capt. Jacob A. JACKSON & Esther Ann Hester DAVISSON, in Randolph Co., IN.8 Born on 19 Oct 1860 in IN.5,6 They were divorced ca 1890.1
-two other sworn documents show that Armilda was born 13 Oct 1860 and the other on 12 Oct 18605
-Armilda remarried when her son Sylvester was 12 or 13 years old and that man was a bum. Her son Sylvester worked as a teenager to support his family.1
They had the following children:
2 i. Sylvenus Sylvester David (1882-1957)
ii. Evert Leroy3. Born in 1883.3 Evert Leroy died on 27 Nov 1954; he was 71.3
iii. John J.3 Born in 1887 in IN .3,9 John J. died in Anderson, Rush Co., IN, in May 1939; he was 52.
iv. Ethyl1. Born in 1885.3
v. Cecil J.10 Born ca 1889 in IN .9
vi. Martha9. Born ca 1891 in IN .9
vii. Elizabeth9. Born ca 1893 in IN .9
Elizabeth married ANCIL11.
David Richmond third married Cindua H.12.
2. Sylvenus Sylvester David SMITH1. Born on 15 Jan 1882 in Randolph Co, IN.3 Sylvenus Sylvester David died in IN , in 1957; he was 74.3 Buried in 1957 in Olive Branch Cemetery, Delaware Co., IN.13 (null).
-first child of his parents and he had about 4-5 siblings. This Sylvester JACKSON is this sources grandfather.Worked as a teenager to support his mother and siblings.1
Sylvenus Sylvester David married Maude M.14. Born in 1890 in MI .15 Maude M. died in 1971; she was 81. Buried in 1971 in Olive Branch Cemetery, Delaware Co., IN.13
They had the following children:
i. Viola E.14 (ca1911-)
ii. Emma R.14 (ca1914-)
iii. Idulah C.14 (ca1917-)
iv. Allis L.14 (ca1919-)
v. Frances Marie1 (ca1925-)
vi. Evelin V.16
vii. Melvin L.16 (ca1928-)
viii. Gladys17 (ca1928-)
1. Gaye Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
3. ANCESTRY.COM (www.ancestry.com). realburn.
4. Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com). 23718212.
5. Marta Jackson Vaillancourt, 2934 Arden Cove, Fort Wayne, IN 46814 (260) 615-1130 (email@example.com)
6. 1870 census. Washington Township,Randolph Co., IN.
7. Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com). Union Chapel Methodist Cemetery, Carlos, Randolph Co., IN.
8. Historical and Genealogical Society of Randolph County, Rt. #3, Box 61, Winchester, IN 47394 (c/o Monisa Wisener).
9. 1930 US Federal census. Marion Ward 1, Grant Co., IN.
10. 1930 US Federal census. Marion, Grant Co., IN.
11. 1920 US Federal census. Marion Ward 1, Grant Co., IN.
12. 1900 US census. Detroit Ward 10, Wayne Co., MI.
13. Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com). 23718218.
14. 1920 US Federal census. Mill Creek, Sevier Co., AR.
15. from data taken from headstones at individual cemeteries Olive Branch Cemetery, Delware Co., IN.
16. 1930 US Federal census. Jefferson, Grant Co., IN.
17. 1940 US census. Jefferson Township, Grant Co., IN.
Jacob A Jackson (____ - 1865)
Esther Ann Davisson Jackson (1835 - 1890)
David Richmond Smith (1856 - 1937)
Jamima E. Frazier (1856 - 1936)*
Armilda Catherine Jackson Smith (1860 - ____)*
Martha Elizabeth Jackson Smith (1862 - 1880)
18y 3m 3d
Note: w/o David R.
Union Chapel Methodist Cemetery
Created by: Christa Ellis
Record added: Sep 04, 2005
Find A Grave Memorial# 11675650
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.
RIP Paternal grandmother of Uncle Frank|
Added: May. 9, 2014