|Birth: ||Dec. 5, 1808|
|Death: ||Jul. 18, 1865|
Son of Alexander Neill I, and Sarah "Sally" Owen. He married Mary Sim Nelson, daughter of US Attorney General John Nelson and Frances Harriotte Burrows, on April 19, 1837 at Christ Church Parish Chase & St. Paul St, Protestant Episcopal, Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland
He was a lawyer and took an active part in the troubles growing out of the rebellion. He was elected Member of the Maryland State Constitutional Convention in 1850.
Alexander Neill II, and Mary Sim Nelson had the following children:
1. Harriotte Burrows Neill who married James Vernon Simmons who became Mayor of Charles Town, West Virginia.
2. Sarah Owen Neill, who died in infancy.
3. Alexander Neill III, who married Elinor Loughridge.
4. Mary Chandler Neill, who died young.
5. Isabella Callender Neill, who died young.
6. John Nelson Neill, who died in California.
7. Rosa Nelson Neill who married Dr. Howard Osburn.
8. Dr. William Neill who married Mary Virginia "Jeannie" Simmons.
Alexander Neill (1778 - 1858)
Sarah "Sally" Owen Neill (1781 - 1843)
Mary Sim Nelson Neill (1819 - 1880)*
Harriotte Burrows Neill Simmons (1839 - 1926)*
Alexander Neill (1844 - 1910)*
Mary Chandler Neill (1850 - 1854)*
Isabella Callender Neill (1853 - 1862)*
William Neill (1860 - 1925)*
Alexander Neill (1808 - 1865)
Adam Neill (1810 - 1826)*
Dec 5, 1808
July 18, 1865
Aged 57 years
Thy will be done.
Saint Johns Episcopal Churchyard
Created by: Shari Hanson Frey
Record added: Apr 23, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 36214059