|Birth: ||Mar. 7, 1831|
|Death: ||Dec. 1, 1913|
John, a farmer, was married on Dec 29, 1853 in DeKalb Co., Ga. to Lucy Ann Smith. She was born May 27, 1837 and died Nov 23, 1915. She is buried in Alford Cemetery, Redan district, DeKalb Co., Ga. John died dec 1, 1913 and also buried in the same cemetery as his wife. The cemetery is in the middle of a new subdivision, next door to 1341 Hungtingdon Place Circle off Alford Road. It is surrounded by a fence with a great deal of shrubs and brush. The graves are in bad shape.
John and Lucy Ann Smith Alford had the following children born in DeKalb Co., Ga.:
1. Nancy D. Alford, born about 1865.
2. Amanda E. Alford, born about 1858.
3. Walter S. Alford, born about 1860.
4. Sicely J. Alford, born about 1861.
5. David A. Alford, born about 1863.
6. Isabella Alford, born about 1865.
7. John Oscar Alford, born in Oct 1866.
8. Simeon W. Alford, born about 1869.
9. Luther Alford, born about 1871.
10. Lizzie Alford, born about 1874.
11. Minnie Alford, born about 1876.
Bynum Alford (1787 - 1851)
Nancy Thompson Alford (1781 - ____)
Lucy Ann Smith Alford (1837 - 1915)
Walter S Alford (1859 - 1898)*
John Oscar Alford (1866 - 1926)*
Simeon W Alford (1868 - ____)*
Luther Alford (1871 - ____)*
Alford Family Cemetery
Maintained by: Thomas
Originally Created by: Charlotte Hardamon Coble
Record added: Jul 08, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 39221006
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.