|Birth: ||Nov. 18, 1925|
|Death: ||Jun. 24, 2002|
- The University of Georgia, Athens, GA; Bachelor of Science in Forestry, 1949
- Duke University, Durham, NC; Master of Science, 1950
- University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN; PhD
Among Those Taught at:
- The University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- University of Northern Arizona, Flagstaff, AZ
- Arkansas A & M,
- Michigan State - East Lansing, MI (???)
- Univ. of Illinois - Champaign, Ill
- Texas A & M University, College Station, TX (Part-time
Books by T. E. Avery:
- Interpretation of Aerial Photographs
- Natural Resources Measurements
- Forest Measurements (This text is intended for introductory courses in forest measurements. Emphasis is on the measurement of timber, with detailed coverage on measuring products cut from tree boles, measuring attributes of standing trees, inventorying volumes of forest stands, and predicting growth of individual trees and stands of trees.)
- Berlin, Graydon Lennis L., and Thomas Eugene Avery. 2004. Fundamentals of Remote Sensing and Airphoto Interpretation. 6th Edition. Prentice Hall. (Excellent university-level textbook that explores remote sensing and the interpretation of remotely sensed imagery.)
(1) Lucy Ferguson, a polio survivor; two (2) children and two (2) known grandchildren
(2) Marianna Moore; no children
Divorced from both.
Thomas Eugene Avery, 76, Belleville, Texas, and formerly of Sarasota, died June 24, 2002. He was born Nov. 18, 1925, in Thomson, Ga., and moved to Texas in 1992. He retired in 1981 as a college professor and author. He received a doctorate from the University of Minnesota and was a member of Society of American Foresters and American Society of Photogrammetry. He was a Navy veteran of World War II. Survivors include a daughter, Marjorie Geshwilm of Houston; a son, Mark of Sarasota; and a sister, Beverly Williamson of Chillicothe, Mo. Services are private. Burial will be in Florida National Cemetery, Bushnell. Arlington National Funeral Home, Houston, is in charge. Memorial donations may be made to Thomas Eugene Avery Graduate Fellowship, College of Natural Resources, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN 55108.
Published in the Sarasota Herald-Tribune (FL) - June 28, 2002
All content provided by Celtic Swan unless otherwise noted.
NOTE: I AM BLOOD KIN TO GENE AVERY; GerbLady, who made the other Memorial, is not.
UGA degree data per UGA Class Notes (www.http://www.uga.edu/gm/1201/Notes2.html).
Thanks to Kathy (FAG Contributor #47029945) for dates sent to me on Sep. 21, 2011.
Obit courtesy of FAG Contributor Judy Draper, submitted to me on Sep. 25, 2011.
(bio by: Wings and Words)
Henry Thomas Avery (1900 - 1965)
Gladys Mae Smith Avery (1901 - 1974)
Marianna Moore Avery (1940 - ____)*
Doris Avery (1923 - 1924)*
Thomas Eugene Avery (1925 - 2002)
AOM3 US NAVY; WORLD WAR II
Note: AOM3 US NAVY; WORLD WAR II
Florida National Cemetery
Plot: Sec 437, Site 601
Created by: GerbLady
Record added: Mar 01, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 48955661
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.
Added: Dec. 27, 2011
Thank you for your World War II service to our country, Mr. Avery! May you rest in eternal Heavenly peace! You have certainly earned it!|
Added: Sep. 21, 2011
In honor of your Naval Service in World War II, Uncle Gene.|
Wings and Words
Added: Sep. 18, 2011
|There is 1 more note not showing...|
Click here to view all notes...