|Birth: ||Mar. 12, 1863|
New York, USA
|Death: ||Feb. 19, 1941|
Mrs. Ida Bascom, Shelby County resident for 12 years, died at 3:40 o'clock yesterday afternoon at the home a daughter, Mrs. Frank Atchley, of Germantown. She was 78.
Mrs. Bascom made her home with another daughter, Mrs. V.D. Loftiss of Levi Avenue, but became ill three weeks ago while visiting Mrs. Atchley.
Born at Staten Island, N.Y., Mrs. Bascom moved to Bakersfield, Mo., and came to Memphis from there. She was the widow of Andrew G. Bascom, farmer, who died 11 years ago. Mrs. Bascom was a member of Stephenson Chapel Methodist Church on highway 61.
She also leaves another daughter, Mrs. J.A. Huse of Bakersfield.
The Rev. Vernon Bradley will conduct funeral services at 3:30 o'clock this afternoon at Stephenson's Chapel. Burial will be in the chapel cemetery with National Funeral home in charge.
The Commercial Appeal, February 20, 1941
June 18, 1879 Cencus: Jersey City, Hudson, N.J.
1) William Seguine, age 17, male, white, engraver, $300 personal estate, born in New York
2) Robert Seguine, age 12, male, white, born in New York
3) Abraham Seguine, age 9, male, white, born in New York, attended school
4) Ida Seguine, age 8, female, white, born in New York, attended school
5) Nellie Seguine, age 5, female, white, born in New York
6) Francis Seguine, age 6/12, male, white, born in New York
7) Ellen Whiteside, age 26, female, white, born in New York
8) George Kegstrad, age 20, male, white, printer, born in New York
Apparently William became "the man of the house" when his father Abraham died in 1867. Ellen Whiteside was sister to Mary Ann Senior, William's mother.
Father: Seguine, Abraham, b. 8 Jul 1827, Staten Island, Richmond, New York, United States , d. 24 Jul 1867, Staten Island, Richmond, New York, United States
Mother: Senior, Mary Ann, b. 20 Jul 1836, Birstall, , Leicestershire, England , d. 8 Jan 1911, Metuchen, Middlesex, New Jersey, United States
Andrew Gaius Bascom (1850 - 1929)*
Florence Mae Bascom Loftiss (1890 - 1971)*
Mary Ida Bascom Huse (1892 - 1992)*
Martha Bascom (1894 - 1897)*
Nellie Bascom (1896 - 1897)*
Alice Bascom (1898 - 1899)*
Amee Bascom Atchley (1901 - 1957)*
Mother & He giveth us beloved sleep
Stephenson Chapel Cemetery
Plot: Section VI, Center, Row 12
Created by: Neil Loftiss
Record added: Jun 06, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 37997039