|Death: ||Mar. 26, 1870|
Amos Brainerd,Jr. b. 1795, the fourth of eleven children born to Amos Brainerd, Sr. and Rachel Brainard, daughter of Dudley and Mindwell (Ackley) Brainard of Haddam, Conn., and a cousin of Amos.
His father, Amos Brainard, Sr., one of the earliest settlers of Newburgh,Ohio made his western venture when nearly 50 years of age. He was a farmer and shoemaker, before coming to Newburgh,Ohio and lived on a farm near Newburg, OH toiling early and late to clear it of the timber and heavy undergrowth that covered it.
His father (Amos Brainerd, Sr.) met with a sudden and violent death, one day, in 1823. He was in a field at work with a yoke of oxen, when a furious storm of wind and rain broke upon him, and while hastening back to his dwelling, a falling tree crushed out his life.
Amos, Jr. married in 1826 to Lydia Thompson, daughter of Adam and Lydia Thompson.(my 3rd great grandfather). He was a farmer.
1. Polly BRAINERD, b. Jan 1827, Wayne, New York
2. James BRAINERD, b. 15 Jul 1828, Savannah, Wayne,NY (my ancestor)
3. Alva BRAINERD, b. 1831, Savannah, Wayne, New York
4. Rachel BRAINERD, [infant], b. 1833, Savannah, Wayne, New York
5. Maria BRAINERD, b. 1835
6. Ebenezer BRAINERD, [infant], b. 1837
7. Julia BRAINERD, [infant], b. 1839
8. child BRAINERD, [infant], b. 1841
Amos Brainard (1769 - 1823)
Rachel Brainerd Brainard (1770 - 1848)
Lydia Thompson Brainerd (1805 - 1843)
James Brainard (1828 - 1892)*
Harvard Grove Cemetery
Created by: Evelyn Rowe Nelson
Record added: Jun 19, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 92177112
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.