|Birth: ||Nov., 2008|
|Death: ||Apr. 24, 2009|
Rocky lived next door to us and was one of my mother-in-laws fur babies. Rocky came into our lives 5 months ago when my brother-in-law's 2 Rottweilers had a litter of puppies. Rocky stole everyones heart! He couldn't have come into our lives at a more difficult time. My mom passed away the end of August and my father-in-law in January. Rocky was a joy during such difficult times.
Rocky was huge to say the least - Bruce & I often joked that he should have been named Godzilla! The vet said he would be about 150 pounds when full grown. At 4 months, he was 60+ pounds! He had enormous feet and often tripped over those monster "mud mashers."
We live in the country and he loved to be outside exploring. He was very gentle for such a big dog. He loved to play with people and other animals, especially Lightning the Cat. Rocky and Lightning ate out of the same bowl (at the same time) and had wonderful play time!
On Apr 24, Rocky became lethargic and unable to get around. Bruce & his mom rushed to the vet with him, but unfortunately it was too late. Rocky died in Bruce's arms on arrival at the vet. We don't know 100% what killed Rocky, but he had blood in his stool and he had recently started eating my mother-in-laws flowers. We believe he ate 2 large Daffodil bulbs the night before he died and that is what killed him.
Puppy parents please take heed of what plants/bulbs you have planted and watch your pups closely. It is just too much fun to dig up those toys mom/dad buried and chew them up. Unfortunately these "toys" can kill. We had no idea of the number of flowers & bulbs that are toxic to animals. Hug your fur babies and say a prayer for our sweet Rocky!
Created by: Jeanie
Record added: Apr 25, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 36331163
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.