|Death: ||Mar. 7, 1808|
South Carolina, USA
Son of Spencer Bobo & Jane Wofford (burial place unknown).
Married Sarah Solomon (burial place unknown).
Had eleven (11) known children:
1. Mary Elizabeth, b. 1757, in VA
2. Sampson (Samuel), b. 1759, Union Co, SC
3. Sarah Martha (Sally), b. 1763, Un. Co, SC
4. Solomon, b. 1765, Union Co, SC
5. Patsy, b. 1765, Union Co, SC
6. Jeanny, b. 1768, Union Co, SC
7. Mary (Polly), b. 1769, Union Co, SC
8. Abigail, b. 1771, Union Co, SC
9. Nancy, b. 1773, Union C, SC
10. Laodicia (Dicey), Sep 9, 1773, Un. Co, SC
11. Kindred, b. Jun 14, 1775, Union Co, SC
Lewis moved to Union SC from NC between 1757 and 1759. In 1770 he received a royal land grand by King George III. Said grant is on file in Union County Court House (hard copy), and SC State Archives in Columbia (microfilm).
His burial place is unknown. However, some think he may be in the Padgett's Creek Baptist Church Cemetery. See here.
Mr. Claude Ezell Sparks, who wrote a book on the history of Padgett's Creek Baptist Church and also contributed articles to the newspaper and a local history of Union County, thought Lewis was probably buried on his own land. Family members have searched the old home place and located what they think may have been the old family burial place, but no markers were found. This still remains a mystery.
Spencer Bobo (1704 - 1764)
Sarah Solomon Bobo (1740 - 1809)
Solomon Bobo (1765 - 1847)*
Laodicea Bobo Holcombe (1776 - 1837)*
Created by: Ray Bobo
Record added: Mar 12, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 49605111
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.