North Carolina, USA
Thomas Howard, my third great grandfather, was born about 1809 in North Carolina. He is probably the son of James Howard and Honour Everett. Thomas married Jemima, maiden name unknown, about 1831, possibly in Mobile, Alabama. Thomas and Jemima had ten children, the first two born in Alabama, and the others born in Carroll County, Mississippi. Thomas started purchasing land in Carroll County in 1834 and he and Jemima remained in Carroll County for the rest of their lives.
Children of Thomas and Jemima are:
1) Mary Howard born about 1832 in Alabama; married John Frank Bennett
2) Rebecca Jane Howard born about 1833 in Alabama; married Stephen S. Lancaster.
3) Caswell Howard born 1835 Mississippi; married Sarah Ann Bachman.
4) James Howard born abt 1837 in Mississippi; married Elmina Helen Bennett; killed in Civil War.
5) Charlotte Howard born abt 1839 in Mississippi; married Jessie L. Locke; died between 1880 and 1887.
6) Elizabeth Howard born abt 1841; married Augustus Morgan.
7) Joseph Howard born about 1845; married Roena Emeline McKey.
8) Eliza Ann Howard born abt 1847; married Merritt Morgan Mullen; died before 1879.
9) Martha Howard born abt 1849; married a Morman, first name unknown; one child Jim Morman; died before 1887.
10) E. T. Howard born 1852; married Virginia ?; died 1886.
Thomas died in 1887 and his estate was administered in Carroll County, Mississippi. He does not have a tombstone and there is no record of where he is buried, but it seems only reasonable that he would be buried in the Howard Family Cemetery.
Jemima Howard (1810 - 1885)*
Mary Howard Bennett (1832 - 1874)*
Joseph Howard (1845 - ____)*
Eliza Ann Howard Mullen (1847 - ____)*
E. T. Howard (1852 - 1886)*
Created by: Portia Solomon
Record added: Nov 24, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 23079807