|Birth: ||Feb. 19, 1945|
|Death: ||Dec. 23, 1990|
QUESTIONS DUE IN SROVE DEATHS. Muhlenberg Township Police on Monday said they intend to interview the attorney for an Oley based company that sold a coal burning stove to a Riverview Park couple who were found dead over the weekend of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Clarence G.Kercher Jr.,49, and wife Dorothy L.,45, of 3750 Willow Grove Ave., were found dead in their residence Sunday night around 8 by their son,Barry. Investigators said a coal burning stove the couple recently purchased was not installed properly. Fumes from the stove were blamed for the death of the couple.
Police said they learned the stove,purchased from Keehn Lumber and Supply Inc.,Oley,was installed Thursday. It has not been positively determined who installed the unit. Investigators said they plan to meet with Leon A. Miller,an attorney for the company, later this week to obtain further information. Police said they were not certain whether the installers of the stove would face criminal charges.
Coroner William R.Fatora said tests showed the couple had lethal levels of carbon monoxide in their blood.
Born in St.Lawrence, Clarence Kercher was a son of the late Clarence G. and Elsie(Pfeffer)Kercher.
He was employed for 30 years as a plant worker at Caloric Inc.,Topton.
He was an Army Veteran of the Vietnam War.
Kercher is survived by two sons:Barry L.,Oley,and Richard A.,Fleetwood R.D.2, and three sisters:Dorothy M., Killian, St.Lawrence; Miriam A., wife of Glen Eller Jr., and Joan M., wife of Russell Hafer, both of Exeter Township.
His wife was born in Reading, a daughter of Dorothy E. (Brandt) Long, Fleetwood, and the late Evan Long.
She was employed for several years as a claims adjuster for Loomis Companies Ltd.,Wyomissing.
Surviving is a brother,James A.Long, Fleetwood.
The Lutz Funeral Home Inc., Mount Penn,in in charge of arrangements.
Clarence G., Kercher (1941 - 1990)
Forest Hills Memorial Park
Created by: Buddy Linderman
Record added: Mar 30, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 87684131
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.