|Birth: ||May 20, 1615|
|Death: ||Apr., 1673|
Genealassie (#47551147) provided the following info:
Samuel Boreman was baptized on 20 Aug 1615, the son of Christopher and Julian (Carter) Boreman of Claydon, near Banbury, Oxfordshire, England and the event was recorded in the Parish register there.
As the large Boreman family cenotaph memorial at Wethersfield states:
"Mr. Samuel Boreman First Ancestor of the Boardman Family." All of Samuel and Mary (Betts) Boreman's sons who died prior to 1713 (Joseph, John, Jonathan and Nathaniel) and who left a probate record were known by the surname of Boreman. Then, prior to 1720 for unexplained reasons the three surviving sons of the family (1st born son Isaac, 2nd born son Samuel and 5th born son Daniel) used the surname Boardman, with their respective gravestones inscribed either as Bordman or Boardman, but their individual estates were probated under the surname of Boardman.
Samuel Boardman, Jr. (q.v. Boreman), s. of Samuel Boreman and Mary Betts and b. of record Oct. 26,1648 at Wethersfield, Conn., d. testate at Wethersfield Dec. 23, 1720,, Æ 73 (g.s.). Although his gravestone is inscribed with the surname of Boardman, he signed his own will as "Samuel Boardman" and named "my two sons, David and Joseph Boardman," as executors of his will.
On Feb. 8, 1682/3 at Wethersfield, Samuel m. Sarah Steele, dau. of Lieut. Samuel Steele and Mary Boosey, bapt. Dec. 29, 1656 at Farmington, Conn. She d. testate Jan. 23, 1732/3 at Wethersfield,,IE 73 (g.s.) Although her gravestone is inscribed with the surname of Bordman, her will begins "I, Sarah Boardman, of Wethersfield, widow and relict of Mr. Samuel Boardman," and named "my sons, David and Joseph Boardman, and my daughter, Mary Warner," as executors of her will. Samuel and Sarah had seven children of record at Wethersfield, but only three lived to maturity to marry:
• I. Mary Boardman, b. Nov. 13, 1683, d. before Feb. 3, 1767 at Wethersfield (date will proved); m. Oct. 3, 1706 at Wethersfield (by Rev. S. Mix), her cousin Daniel Warner, s. of Capt. William Warner and Hannah Robbins [Mary
(Boardman) Robbins,2 Samuel Boreman,1], b. Jan. 11, 1680/1 at Wethersfield. He d. testate at Wethersfield in early 1750; Neither one has a known gravestone. Four children of the family: Hannah(d.y.); Sarah(Webster), who d.
childless; twins Hannah (d. unm.) and William, latter who had ten children by two wives.
• ii. Sarah Boardman, b. Mar. 13, 1685/6, d. in infancy Mar. 30,1686.
• iii. Hannah Boardman, b. June 27, 1687, d. May 16, 1698.
• iv. Samuel Boardman, b. Apr. 14, 1689, d. in infancy May 19, 1690.
• v. David Boardman, b. June 1, 1692, d. childless aft. Sept. 19, 1752 (date of will); m. Dec. 6, 1717 at Wethersfield, Abigail Treat, dau. of James Treat, Jr. and Prudence Chester, b. Dec. 6, 1692 at Wethersfield. She was living on Sept. 19, 1752 when David wrote his will. Neither one has a known gravestone.
• vi. Cornet Joseph Boardman, b. Apr. 6, 1695, d. Jan. 19, 1771 at Wethersfield, Æ 76 (g.s.); m. Feb. 27, 1725/6 at Wethersfield, Mary Belden, d. of Joseph Belden and Mary Meakins, b. Apr. 23, 1704 at Wethersfield. She d. Apr 30,1769, AE 66 (g.s.) Eight children of the family.
• vii. Josiah Boardman, b. Mar. 14, 1699/700, d. in infancy Mar. 31, 1700.
Mary Betts Boreman (____ - 1684)
Isaac Boardman (1643 - 1719)*
Mary Boardman Denison (1645 - 1721)*
Samuel Boardman (1648 - 1720)*
Joseph Boreman (1651 - 1676)*
John Boreman (1653 - 1676)*
Sarah Boardman Fitch (1655 - ____)*
Daniel Boreman (1658 - 1724)*
Jonathan Boreman (1661 - 1712)*
Nathaniel Boreman (1663 - 1712)*
Martha Boardman Terry (1666 - 1743)*
Mary, his wife - first ancestor of the Boardman Family emanating from Wethersfield, CT
Note: children noted on another side of the replacement monument (better picture of that side to be added later)
Wethersfield Village Cemetery
Plot: ancient burying ground (A-19-e)
Maintained by: Susan S
Originally Created by: Marie Bonafonte
Record added: Jul 17, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 20495823