|Birth: ||Mar. 2, 1920|
|Death: ||Mar. 17, 2010|
- Dick Howell
- ROCK HILL - Fred Lyle "Dick" Howell, 90, of 1880 Highway 324 W., died Wednesday, March 17, 2010, at his home in Rock Hill.
- The funeral will be 11 a.m. Saturday, March 20, 2010, at Adnah United Methodist Church. Pastor Allen Wolfe and the Rev. John Hipp will be officiating. Burial will be at Adnah UMC Cemetery.
- Dick was a son of the late Fred C.and Roseanna Ashley Howell. He was the widower of Gladys Carroll Howell. He was a member of Adnah United Methodist Church, where he served in the Men's Club, Administration Council and the New Church Building Committee. He was a cattle farmer, Charter member of Bethesda Fire Department and member of Fishing Creek Watershed Board. He served in the 99th Infantry and the Army Air Corps during World War II, where he was wounded in Germany and received a purple heart.
- He is survived by daughter, Cindy Howell of Rock Hill, S.C.; son, Freddie Howell of Monroe, N.C.; brother, Len Howell of Sharon, S.C.; three grandchildren, Dwayne Bryant, Angie Suttles and Scott Howell; six great-grandchildren, Travis Bryant, Taylor Bryant, Chase Suttles, Kirby Howell, Chloe Howell and Emily Howell. He was preceded in death by his daughter, Donna Howell Bryant.
- Visitation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, March 19, 2010, at Bratton Funeral Home.
- Memorials may be made to Adnah United Methodist Church, 1 Adnah Drive, Rock Hill, SC 29732 or Hospice & Community Care, PO Box 993, Rock Hill, SC 29731.
- Bratton Funeral Home in York is serving the Howell family.
Fred Cleveland Howell (1893 - 1972)
Mary Rosanna Ashley Howell (1895 - 1975)
Gladys Faye Carroll Howell (1922 - 2009)*
Clarence Edgar Howell (1916 - 1966)*
Fred Lyle Howell (1920 - 2010)
Crawford Ashley Howell (1926 - 2000)*
Robert Leonard Howell (1932 - 2011)*
Adnah United Methodist Church Cemetery
South Carolina, USA
Created by: Rick and Kathy Wright
Record added: Mar 20, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 49966959