|Birth: ||May 2, 1861|
|Death: ||Dec. 20, 1934|
OBITUARY: The Dallas Times Herald, Friday, December 21, 1934, page 16.
DIE WITHIN 11 DAYS OF EACH OTHER
Following the death of her husband by only eleven days, Mrs. J. A. McDANIEL (i.e., Emily Jane (BELL) (Mrs. James Ashford) McDANIEL), 73, died Thursday (i.e., December 20, 1934) at her home in Ferris (i.e., Ellis County, Texas). Mr. and Mrs. McDANIEL were pioneer settlers of Ellis County, coming to Texas from Tupelo, Miss., in a wagon in 1866. Funeral services for Mrs. McDANIEL were to be held at 2:30 P.M. Friday at the First Methodist Church of Ferris. Four grandsons, Charles McDANIEL, James McKAY (i.e., James Walter McKAY, Jr.), Allen McDANIEL, and Leo McDANIEL and two nephews, Glen McDANIEL and Pratt McDANIEL, were to serve as pallbearers.
Survivors are seven sons, C. C. McDANIEL (i.e., Clare Conger McDANIEL), C. P. DANIEL (sic; should be McDANIEL) (I think this should be Prentice Ellis McDANIEL) of California, C. D. McDANIEL (i.e., Curtis Douglas McDANIEL) of Albuquerque, NM; C. E. McDANIEL (i.e., Claud Edward McDANIEL), W. A. McDANIEL (i.e., Wayne Arthur McDANIEL) and J. A. McDANIEL (i.e., Joseph Alexander McDANIEL), all of Houston, and Frank McDANIEL (i.e., James Frank McDANIEL, Sr.) of Lancaster; two daughters, Mrs. J. W. McKAY (i.e., Sue Belle McDANIEL (Mrs. James Walter McKAY, Sr.) of Dallas and Miss Mary McDANIEL (i.e., Mary Emily McDANIEL) of Ferris.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Emily Jane (BELLE) McDANIEL (B. 5/2/1861 in Red Oak, Ellis, Texas; D. 12/20/1934 in Ferris, Ellis, Texas) was the daughter of Joseph M. BELLE (B. abt 1830 in Virginia) and Susannah (DOUGLAS) BELLE (B. abt 1835 in Virginia).
Emily married James Ashford McDANIEL, Jr. (B. 7/27/1857 in Tupelo, Lee, Mississippi; D. 12/9/1934 in Ferris, Ellis, Texas; M. 12/19/1878 at Ferris, Ellis, Texas).
Emily and James had the following children:
1. Clare Conger McDANIEL (12/25/1879-2/5/1964);
2. Sue Belle McDANIEL (6/28/1881-6/23/1965; FAG Memorial #64176099; married James Walter McKAY, Sr. on 11/26/1905; FAG Memorial #64176074);
3. Clyde A. McDANIEL (4/22/1883-5/25/1883; FAG Memorial #43966932);
4. William Lyle McDANIEL (9/13/1884-10/16/1892; FAG Memorial #43966980);
5. Mary Emily McDANIEL (3/11/1886-4/6/1969);
6. Curtis Douglas McDANIEL (7/11/1887-1/2/1974; FAG Memorial #86613838);
7. Prentice Ellis McDANIEL (12/4/1889-1967);
8. Claud Edward McDANIEL (3/9/1892-8/11/1960; FAG Memorial #64175569);
9. Wayne Arthur McDANIEL (8/11/1894-6/21/1967; FAG Memorial #105965212);
10. James Frank McDANIEL, Sr. (2/1/1897-??); and
11. Joseph Alexander McDANIEL (10/29/1899-8/1/1947). All of the children were born in Ellis County, Texas.
The first 7 children were born in Red Oak and the last 4 in Ferris. The 9th child Wayne Arthur McDANIEL was my step-grandfather. He married my widowed grandmother Zula May (KINNARD) MILLER (4/21/1887-5/18/1978; FAG Memorial #105966781) in Dallas, Dallas, Texas on 12/27/1928.
Joseph Monroe Bell (1836 - 1877)
Susanna Douglas Bell (1835 - 1877)
James Ashford McDaniel (1857 - 1934)
Sue Bell Mcdaniel McKay (1881 - 1965)*
Clyde A. McDaniel (1883 - 1883)*
William Lyle McDaniel (1884 - 1892)*
Claud Edward McDaniel (1892 - 1960)*
Emily Jane Bell McDaniel (1861 - 1934)
Jessie Ora Bell Duff (1866 - 1952)*
Ferris Memorial Park North
Maintained by: Gerald Miller
Originally Created by: Ray Gatewood
Record added: Jan 13, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 64175503