|Birth: ||Dec., 1996|
New Mexico, USA
|Death: ||Mar. 4, 2008|
New Mexico, USA
God truly blessed us by letting us have Sandy for almost 12 years. There are no words that can sum up the joy and happiness that she brought to our home. We love her deeply. Everyone that met her used the same description "she has the sweetest face", including our vets, and she did. She was as much a sweetheart as she looked. She loved everyone she came in contact with and most of them fell in love back. She always had a smile on her face unless she was ill.
Sandy was extremely smart and loyal. We taught her how to speak, sing along with us and all the other typical commands that a dog should learn. Nothing about her personality was that of a dog though. She thought she was nothing less than a little girl.
We got her from a family that was handing out puppies in the Sam's Club parking lot. We were heading into Sam's and we stopped to look at them. She was the one that we picked up and fell in love with. She was the only orange puppy out of all her siblings. The rest (six others) were all blonde. We told each other that we should wait and that "when we came back out from shopping, if she was still here, we would take her home". She was, thank God. It seemed everyone wanted the blonde ones because she was the last of two. Talk about the fates falling our way. I know that we got the BEST pick of the litter. Without a doubt.
Sandy's passing has left a huge hole in our hearts that will never be filled but we know she is in Heaven as "All dogs go to Heaven". Sandy loved both her dads (Lloyd Romero and Gary Parks), her "sister" Sable and her granny (Dody, Lloyd's mother).
Goodbye our precious Sandy. We will love you forever and we will never forget you.
Sandy passed away at 1:44 am at home with her loved ones.
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........
1. My life is, on average, 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Cremated, Ashes given to family or friend.
Created by: Gary Wayne Parks
Record added: Mar 04, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 25057070