|Death: ||Jan. 26, 1671|
New Haven County
The parents and time of immigration of Roger Pritchard are unknown. He was an early settler of Wethersfield in the Colony of Conn. where on November 15, 1640, he witnessed the will of Joyce Ward, signing his name as "Roger Prichat".
In 1643, he was in Springield Mass. He received homelots in the first and second divisions, and by 1646, he had 28 acres and was assessed seven shillings, nine pence. He was on a list of eighteen men to raise fifty-five pounds for the minister's maintenance. On April 13, 1646, he was made a freeman of Massachusetts Bay Colony.
His wife, Frances, whom he married in England, died in Springfield on March 9, 1651.
Roger Pritchard removed to Milford in the Colony of New Haven & married second, Elizabeth (Prudden) Slough, daughter of James Prudden and widow of William Slough, on December 18, 1653.
He was mentioned in court records in New Haven in 1670 where he died the following year.
The children of Roger & Frances Pritchard:
1. Alice (Pritchard) Bradley married William Bradley on Feb. 18, 1645 at Springfield, MA. She died 1692 and he died in 1691 in New Haven.
2. Joan (Pritchard) Lambert married John Lambert on Sept 1, 1647 in Springfield, MA.
3. Nathaniel who married Hannah Langton in 1652 in Springfield, MA and died Nov. 11, 1710 in New Haven, CT.
Children of Roger & Elizabeth Pritchard:
4. Joseph born Oct. 2, 1654 in Milford, CT.
5. Benjamin b. Jan. 31, 1657/8 at Milford, CT.
Frances Pritchard (____ - 1651)
Elizabeth Prudden Pritchard (1610 - 1674)*
Alice Prichard Bradley (1625 - 1692)*
Joan Prichard Lombard (1625 - 1690)*
Nathaniel Pritchard (1630 - 1710)*
Joseph Pritchard (1654 - 1675)*
Benjamin Pritchard (1658 - 1743)*
Center Church on the Green Churchyard
New Haven County
Created by: Nareen, et al
Record added: Feb 22, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 34103182