North Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Jan. 8, 1838|
WILLIAM WINWRIGHT COLLINS (JAMES COLLINS "ELDER", JOHN COLLINS * III, THOMAS COLLINS, WILLIAM, JOHN, JOHN) was born 1778 in Johnston County, North Carolina, and died January 08, 1838 in Greene Co. Ala.. He married ELIZABETH BLAYLOCK Abt. 1806 in Barnwell District, South Carolina, daughter of
HARDIN BLAYLOCK and MASON LONG. She was born March 14, 1794 in Barnwell County, South Carolina, and died December 11, 1840 and is buried in Mulberry Cem., Lodi, Montgomery County, Mississippi.
Notes for WILLIAM WINWRIGHT COLLINS:
William and Elizabeth lived in Barnwell County from 1808 to 1819 and then moved to Greene County, Alabama.
Notes for ELIZABETH BLAYLOCK:
Source: The Journal of Benjamin Franklin Blaylock, (1853 - 1929), Grandson of William Winwright Collins and Elizabeth Blaylock and son of William Mason Blaylock and Elizabeth Collins. (Family History Library US/CAN Film # 176578).
The Journal tells of Elizabeth Blaylock - Collins leaving their Plantation on the Tombigbee River, Greene County, Alabama (now Hale County) on October 16, 1838, after the death of her husband William Winwright
Collins. The family moved to (then) Choctaw County, Mississippi, to a large tract of land (one mile east of Lodi, Mississippi), which was acquired before the death of her husband. Elizabeth Blaylock - Collins died on December
11, 1840, two years after leaving Alabama, leaving a 9 year old daughter, Elizabeth Collins, born September 7,1831, in Greene County, Alabama, without parents and she was raised by her sister, Mary Collins who was
married to Richard Blaylock.
Children of WILLIAM COLLINS and ELIZABETH BLAYLOCK are:
103. i. MAJOR ROBERT CRUME COLLINS, b. March 29, 1808, Barnwell Co. South Carlina; d. Montgomery
ii. SARAH "SALLIE" COLLINS, b. March 10, 1810, Barnwell Co. South Carlina or Greene County, Alabama; d.Abt. 1847, Kemper County Mississippi; m. ELIJAH B. BRAZEALE, February 15, 1828, Greene Co. Ala..
Notes for SARAH "SALLIE" COLLINS:
Source; Family History Center.
104. iii. JAMES SIMPSON COLLINS, b. September 12, 1812, Greene County, Alabama; d. Aft. 1880, Montgomery County, Mississippi.
105. iv. MARY ELIZABETH COLLINS, b. October 06, 1814, Barnwell Co. South Carolina; d. March 22, 1855,Montgomery County, Mississippi.
106. v. WILLIAM JACKSON COLLINS, b. October 06, 1816, Greene County, Alabama; d. October 10, 1893, Montgomery County, Mississippi.
107. vi. HARDY CRUME COLLINS, b. May 03, 1819, Greene County, Alabama; d. May 16, 1905, Dobney, New Liberty, Montgomery County, Mississippi.
108. vii. SUSANNAH E. COLLINS, b. October 02, 1821, Greene Co. Ala.; d. October 04, 1882, Lodi, Montgomery County, Mississippi.
viii. SYNTHIA COLLINS, b. April 04, 1824, Greene Co. Ala.; d. June 24, 1824, Greene Co. Ala..
109. ix. JOHN FRANKLIN COLLINS, b. May 14, 1825, Greene Co. Ala.; d. June 24, 1896, Montgomery County, Mississippi.
x. LOUIZA M. COLLINS, b. August 26, 1827, Greene Co. Ala.; d. September 06, 1893, Leon County, Texas; m. DOLOGY J. EPPS, March 08, 1849, Anderson County, Texas.
110. xi. CALLAWAY COLLINS, b. October 07, 1829, Greene Co. Ala.; d. February 19, 1875, Arkansas.
111. xii. ELIZABETH COLLINS, b. September 07, 1831, Greene Co. Ala.; d. February 06, 1900, Lodi, Montgomery County, Mississippi.
112. xiii. MARTHA ANN COLLINS, b. December 25, 1835, Greene Co. Ala.; d. Bef. 1883, Calhoun County, Mississippi.
James Collins (1731 - 1789)
Catherine Croom Collins (1743 - ____)
Elizabeth Blaylock Collins (1794 - 1840)*
James Simpson Collins (1812 - ____)*
William Jackson Collins (1816 - 1893)*
John Franklin Collins (1825 - 1896)*
Created by: Ron (Ronnie Lee) Collins
Record added: Oct 15, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 98982143