|Birth: ||Feb. 14, 1878|
|Death: ||Oct. 4, 1953|
75 years, 7 months, 20 days old at time of death
Mrs. Erma Collins
Services for Mrs. Erma Lou Rodgers Collins, who died Sunday,October 4, at her residence near Winona, were held Tuesday morning October 6, at the chapel of the McGahey and Lott Funeral Home in Winona. The Rev. M. J. Peden,pastor of Moore Memorial Methodist Church in Winona, officiated with burial in Oakwood cemetery under direction of McGahey and Lott Funeral Home.
Mrs. Collins, who was 75, was born in Montgomery County. She was a member of the New Hope Methodist Church. Her husband, M. R. Collins, a farmer, preceded her in death about nine years ago.
She leaves two daughters, Mrs. Susie Collins Richards of Winona and Miss Lottie Collins of Paducah, Ky.; five sons, Joe M. Collins, Nick Collins and Lay Collins of Winona, L. R. Collins of Grenada and Alf Collins of Vaiden four sisters, Mrs. Leath Bennett, Mrs. Percy McCoy, Mrs. Dave Campbell and Mrs. Marshall Bennett, all of Winona; two brothers , W. L. Rodgers of Winona and Abb Rodgers of Columbus; 16 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
Pallbearers were Charlie V. Howard, W.C. Costilow, Fred Lock, Victor Vance, L. S. Rodgers, and Lonnie Blaylock.
Married Major Robert "Bob" Collins (01/15/1872 - 01/11/1945) on 01/21/1897. Bob and Erma had 8 children, which are, as follows:
1. Joe Marlow Collins was born on 12/31/1897 in Montgomery Co., MS and died on 06/17/1966 in Montgomery Co., MS. He was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Winona, Montgomery Co., MS. Joe Marlow was married to: 1. Bessie Blaylock and 2. Nettie Chandler. Bessie was born and died in MS. After the divorce of Joe and Bessie, Joe married Nettie Chandler. Nettie was born on 08/11/1905 and died on 03/23/1985. Bessie married Leonard T. Caddess. Bessie Blaylock Collins Caddess is buried at the Oakwood Cemetery, Montgomery Co., MS. Joe and Nettie are buried in the Oakwood Cemetery, Winona, Montgomery Co., MS. Joe and Bessie had 3 children, as follows:
1. JOE NEVEL COLLINS, b. November 12, 1919, Winona, Montgomery County, Mississippi; d. March 21, 1987, Lake Cormorant, Mississippi.
2. JAMES LAMAR COLLINS, b. May 10, 1923, d. May 10, 2012 in Jackson, MS.
3. MARY ELIZABETH COLLINS.
Joe Marlow and second wife, Nettie Chandler, had no children.
Joe Marlow worked for the Montgomery County, MS Roads Department.
He was 68y, 5m, 17 days old at his death.
2. Dell Small Collins was born on 10/05/1900 in Winona, Montgomery Co., MS and died on 08/30/1949 in Montgomery Co., MS. He was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Winona, Montgomery Co., MS. Joe married Amy Dell Stephens-Brookshire. Amy Dell was born on 01/12/1902 and died on 01/14/1983 in Montgomery Co., MS. She was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Winona, Montgomery Co., MS. No other information, including children, is available.
3. Lottie Mae Collins was born on 02/05/1902 in Winona, Montgomery Co., MS and died on 03/21/1997. She was buried in Paducah, Kentucky. She was married 3 times: 1. Rupert "Jack" Dalton.; 2. James Ellis Hays; and 3. Elmer Ellsworth Robinson. Lottie never had any children from any of her marriages.
4. Lattie Rodgers "Doc" Collins was born on 04/28/1905 in Winona, Montgomery Co., MS and died on 08/07/1977 in Montgomery Co., MS. He was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Winona, Montgomery Co., MS. He married Corrine Odom. Corrine was born on 08/06/1917 and died on 08/03/1973 in Montgomery Co., MS. She was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Winona, Montgomery Co., MS. No other information, including children, is available.
5. Lay Turner Collins was born on 10/20/1907 in Winona, Montgomery Co., MS and died on 02/28/1985 in El Monte, CA. He was buried in Oakdale Cemetery, Glendora, Los Angeles Co., CA. He married Flora Mae Kite on 10/31/1937 in Grenada Co., MS. They had 3 children, which are, as follows: Paul Turner (10/19/1940 - ), Martha Nell (10/15/1944 - ) and Mary Frances "Fran" Collins (08/19/1949 - ).
6. Nick Pegues Collins was born on 06/13/1910 in Winona, Montgomery Co., MS and died on 02/07/1999 in Montgomery Co., MS. He was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Winona, Montgomery Co., MS. He married Rosa Crane Brookshire on 03/05/1936. They had 6 children, which are, as follows: Deanna Brookshire (02/26/1939 - ), Linda Carol (09/18/1945 - ). David Wendell (05/09/1947 - ), Rosemary (02/22/1949 - ), Robert Bruce (02/24/1953 - ), and Amye Jeanine Collins (03/14/1957 - ).
7. Alf Trotter Collins was born on 05/22/1913 in Winona, Montgomery Co., MS and died on 01/24/1964 in Montgomery Co., MS. He was buried in Winona Garden of Memory, Winona, Montgomery Co., MS. Alf married JUANITA ELIZABETH HAMBRICK (Collins Rhine) (10/12/1920 – 07/01/2002) on 03/11/1952. Alf and Juanita are buried at the Winona Garden of Memory, Winona, Montgomery Co., MS
8. Susie Ellen Collins was born on 11/27/1915 in Winona, Montgomery County, MS and died at Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana on 12/11/2007. She married WILLIAM THOMAS RICHARDS. They had 1 child, as follows: Judith ("Judy") Maxine Richards (10/20/1939 – 04/01/1993).
NOTE: For more of the history, of the Major Robert "Bob" and Erma Lou Collins' family, go to Collins-Hambrick History.
At Erma's birth, Rutherford B. Hayes (Republican) was President and there were 38 States in the U.S.
At Erma's death, Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican) was President, and there were 48 States in the U.S.
William Franklin Rodgers (1853 - 1924)
Ellen Jane Morgan Rodgers (1858 - 1889)
Major Robert Collins (1872 - 1945)*
Joe Marlow Collins (1897 - 1966)*
Ladell Small Collins (1900 - 1949)*
Lottie Mae Collins [Dalton] [Hays] Robinson (1902 - 1997)*
Lattie Rodgers Collins (1905 - 1977)*
Lay Turner Collins (1907 - 1985)*
Nick Pegues Collins (1910 - 1999)*
Alf Trotter Collins (1913 - 1964)*
Susie Ellen Collins Richards (1915 - 2007)*
Mollie Virginia Rodgers Blaylock (1876 - 1941)*
Erma Lou Rodgers Collins (1878 - 1953)
James Allen Rodgers (1881 - 1927)*
William Leslie ("Less") Rodgers (1883 - 1969)*
Minnie Rodgers Bennett (1887 - 1972)*
Lee Rodgers Campbell (1893 - 1960)**
Irby Jackson Rodgers (1895 - 1919)**
Timothy Rodgers (1897 - 1974)**
Margaret Rodgers Bennett (1898 - 1987)**
Alice Lucille Rodgers McCoy (1901 - 1997)**
Ruby Idell Rodgers Oliver Matthews (1904 - 1974)**
Estelle Marie Rodgers (1908 - 1908)**
Note: 75 years, 7 months, and 20 days old at time of death - MARRIED: 21 JAN 1897
Created by: Ron (Ronnie Lee) Collins
Record added: Jun 06, 2001
Find A Grave Memorial# 5520095