|Birth: ||Aug. 28, 1837|
|Death: ||May 3, 1898|
Thank You for remembering my Grandmother Mary. Your kindness is very appreciated. God bless.
༺⊰❁ Mary Catherine Poling Heare was the daughter of John and Mary Wilson Poling, born August 28, 1837. Mary Catherine married Jonathan Washington Heare. Known Children are:
1) Florence Anne Heare, born January 8, 1855, Romney, Hampshire County, West Virginia. Florence died soon after.
2) Jemine Christina Heare (known incorrectly as Minnie in legal documents, typing error; Minnie was a nick name as she was very tiny; children called her Aunt Jemima, meaning a blessing from God), born July 12, 1856, Romney, Hampshire County, West Virginia; died January 14, 1923, Springfield, Ohio. (Aunt Jemima)
3)James William Couleh Heare, born October 2, 1858, Romney, Hampshire County, West Virginia. Death August 19, 1947 in Berne, Adams County, Indiana, USA. Married Mary Emma Romine. (Uncle Jimmy)
4) Mary Catherine Abigail "Abbey" Hear, born July 21, 1860, Romney, Hampshire, West Virginia. Death September 15, 1912 in Springfield, Clark County, Ohio, USA. Married Samuel Edward "Ed" Parker.
5) Malinda Jane Heare, born November 1, 1862, Romney, Hampshire County, West Virginia. Death unknown. (Aunt Lindy)
6) CORA SUSAN REBBEBACH HEARE, born June 15, 1865, Selma, Ohio. Died May 23, 1955, Springfield, Ohio.
7) Daniel Newton Augustine Heare, born June 10, 1968, Selma, Ohio. Died March 26, 1951, Midland, Michigan. (Uncle Danny) and
8) Chatlotte Margaret Alice Heare, born July 28, 1872. Death date unknown, in Oakland, California. (Aunt Lotty)
9)Mary Elizabeth Cook Heare, born December 7, 1875, adopted.
Mary Catherine was a devoted wife and loving mother.
May you rest in God's peace beloved GG-Grandma Mary.
Note: Malinda Jane Heare Buffengarger married William A. Buffenbarger, born April of 1861 in Osborne, Greene County, Ohio; death date unknown. William A. Buffenbarger married Malinda Jane Heare, born 1 Nov 1862, Romney, Hampshire County, West Virginia. Death unknown. (Aunt Lindy) Malinda was the daughter of Johnathan and Mary Catherine Poling Heare, sister to my G-Grandmother Cora Susanne Heare Powell who married William Hon Powell, the son of John Briggs Powell and Caroline Hon Powell
Known children of William A. and Malinda Jane Heare Buffenbarger:
A) Ruth Buffenbarger born 1 June 1883, married Henry Morningstar. No known children in our records.
B) Olive Buffenbarger born November 1884,
C) Raymond Buffenbarger born August 1887, married Edith "Effie" E. Watkins, born 15 Dec 1891, Ohio, death 25 Apr 1942 (Age 50 years). They married in 1912, Ohio. They settled in East Liberty, Perry Twn, Logan, Ohio. Raymond's occupation was as a driver of creamery truck.
Known children of Raymond and Edith "Effie" E. Watkins Buffenbarger:
a) Edna Mae Buffenbarger, born 13 Feb 1914, Ohio, death 15 Mar 1989, Marysville, Union, Ohio (Age 75 years).
b) William Nelson Buffenbarger, born 2 Apr 1918, Ohio, death date unknown.
c) Clyde Buffenbarger, born 14 Dec 1921, Ohio, death 22 Sep 1973, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio (Age 51 years).
D) William "Willie" Buffenbarger born November 1889, death unknown.
E) May "Mae" Buffenbarger born April 1892; married a Mr. Hickey, one daughter. Death unknown.
F) Martha Buffenbarger, birth date unknown, whom married Samuel Miloszewski, Lansing, Michigan. Dearh unknown.
Thank you to Hans ♥Jღ for the addition of the photo of my G-Grandma Cora and her husband G-Grandpa William to GG-Grandma Mary Catherine's memorial.
THANK YOU to Kathy Heare-Watts for the addition of the photo of my GG-Grandma Mary Catherine, and for all of the family information she has shared.
Thank you to JonBuff for all of his help in providing clarification that Melinda's husband is Salmon Buffenbarger. He has been listed under several names, variations of Salmon: Solomon, Sol, Sal, and Simington, which the last also being the name of Salmon's brother. Jon's clarification was helpful in linking Melinda to the correct man as her husband. The brother Simington had remained single and lived his entire life on the Buffenbarger farm according to Jon. Also, a thank you for his help in identifying properly the photo of William Watson Buffenbarger. He also provided marriage info on both Melinda and Malinda, as well as thru his help and other cousins the children info of both women has been validated.
1) Genealogy records provided by Alice Powell Steinberger and Constance Steinberger Bair, DAR member.
2) Meriel Steinberger Sterling
3)Mary L. Sterling
4) Melinda POWELL b. May 1821 Ohio d. 1906: Kith 'n Kin validates the research of Constance.
Transferred: June 10, 2015 to Birdஐ Member #48264445.
Copyright © 2012 by Mary L. Sterling All personal materials, images, and data contained herein are not to be copied or down loaded for commercial purposes of duplication, distribution, or publishing without the express written permission of the owner. Information contained on this memorial is provided free for the purpose of aiding individuals doing genealogical research and to preserve family history.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Jonathan Washington Heare (1833 - 1901)*
Florence Ann Heare (1855 - 1855)*
Jemina Christina Heare Wright (1856 - 1923)*
James William Couleh Heare (1858 - 1947)*
Mary Catherine Abigail Heare Parker (1860 - 1912)*
Cora S. Heare Powell (1865 - 1955)*
Daniel Newton Augusten Heare (1868 - 1951)*
Pleasant Hill Cemetery
Created by: Little✿Bird
Record added: Nov 27, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 101386312