|Birth: ||Dec. 21, 1925|
|Death: ||Aug. 6, 1942|
From Ljubljana (Ižanska cesta 40), daughter of Matija Anžur and Franica Žitnik Anžur. Partisan, sentenced to death together with two other female Partisans (Vida Mažgon and Olga Janežič) and three male Partisans (Miro Pezdir, Milan ?, and Anton Bogataj, a.k.a. Lojze).
- Fani Anžur ran away to the 1st Company when the 5th Company came under attack. She was charged with lack of discipline and immoral behavior.
- Vida Mažgon ran away to the 1st Company when the 5th Company came under attack. She was charged with lack of discipline and immoral behavior.
- Olga Janežič was charged with planning to run away with Milan ?.
- Miro Pezdir, political commissar of the 5th Company, was charged with neglecting his duties and, instead of carrying our political and educational tasks, spending his time with Vida Mažgon instead. When the 5th Company came under attack, he fled together with Fani Anžur and Vida Mažgon.
- Milan ? was charged with theft and planning to run away with Olga Janežič.
- Anton Bogataj, a.k.a. Lojze, was charged with lack of discipline.
Partisan communiqués on the death sentence, dated 8 June 1942, state that the women's execution was to be carried out that evening under the pretense that they were being transferred to the 3rd Company.
Krim Cave Mass Grave
Created by: Donald Reindl
Record added: Aug 15, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 115498450
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.