|Birth: ||Apr. 21, 1939|
|Death: ||Dec. 30, 2010|
- Dorothy Staley Black, age 71, of Kings Mountain went to be with her heavenly Father on Thursday, December 30, 2010 at the Robin Johnson House, Dallas. Mrs. Black was born in Shelby and was the daughter of the late father, R. E. Staley, Sr. and her mother, Alice Shirlin Benfield and her step-father, Clyde Benfield.
- Mrs. Black was a loving wife, daughter, mother and sister and was a faithful member of Penley's Chapel, Kings Mountain.
- Mrs. Black is survived by her husband of 55 years, William Bess Black, Jr; two sons, William Bess Black III and wife Rita of Etters, Pennsylvania, William Troy Black of Rocky Mount, North Carolina; three daughters, Merina McLean and husband David of Tampa, Florida, Darlene Black of Clover, Michelle Black of Bessemer City; one brother, R. E. Staley, Jr. and wife Judy of Louisburg, North Carolina; twelve grandchildren; two great grandchildren.
- The family will receive friends from 1:00 P. M. to 2:00 P. M. Saturday at Penley's Chapel, 1508 North Piedmont Avenue, Kings Mountain.
- Funeral services will be 2:00 P. M. Saturday at Penley's Chapel with the Rev. Doug Allen officiating.
- Interment will follow at Gaston Memorial Park.
- Mrs. Black was preceded in death by her father, mother and step-father; one son, William Derick Black.
- Memorials may be made to Penley's Chapel, P. O. Box 2023, Kings Mountain, North Carolina 28086.
- Online condolences may be made at: www.carothersfuneralhomegastonia.com;
- Carothers Funeral Home, Gastonia is serving the Black family.
Gaston Memorial Park
North Carolina, USA
Created by: Rick and Kathy Wright
Record added: Feb 11, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 65499357