|Death: ||Apr., 1875|
Hezekiah was the youngest child of Zachariah and Mary. He married Melinda 30 Aug. 1827 in Garrard Co. Bondsman was John Crockett.
Hezekiah and Malinda had ten children all born in Garrard Co. In age order on the 1850 census they were: John (oldest), James, Zachariah, Ann, Richard, Patsy, Charlotte, Enoch, Mary and Winfield. Their farm was on Sugar Creek in the same area where Hezekiah was born and raised. Malinda died prior to the 1850 census. All of the children were at home with Hezekiah on the census. He married Louisa Quinn in Garrard Co. on 3 Oct. 1852.
At least six of Hezekiah's children relocated to Daviess Co. KY. On the 1860 census Hezekiah and Louisa were living in Daviess Co. in the same household with his daughter Charlotte and her husband Joseph Bradley. Hezekiah's sons Enoch and Winfield were in the household.
On the 1870 Daviess Co. census Hezekiah, was in the household of his son Enoch. Louisa was not in the house-hold and had probably died between 1860 and 1870. In the Garrard Co. Vital Records we find: "Ray, Hezekiah, age 72, male, widower, farmer died April 1875 of pneunomia, born in Garrard Co. the son of Zachariah and Mary Ray". Therefore, Hazekiah had returned to Garrard Co. between 1870 and his death in 1875. The place of burial of Hezekiah has not been proven. It has been speculated that he is buried on his farm on Sugar Creek in Garrard Co.
History of children of Hezekiah and Malinda:
l. John - Married Mary Ellen Boyle in Garrard Co. 5 June 1856, Rufus Boyle Bondsman.
2. James married America Barker in Garrard Co. 14 Nov. 1855, Joseph Barker Bondsman. Buried Bethabara Baptist Church Cemetery, Daviess Co. KY. Posted to Find A Grave by another party. Date of birth for James is shown as 1818. Believe this to be in error. Hezekiah and Malinda did not marry until 1827.
3. Zachariah - See below.
4. Ann - See Below.
5. Richard - Married Elizabeth Miller 16 Aug. 1868 in Daviess Co. KY. Buried Bethahara Baptist Church Cemetery, Daviess Co. KY. Posted to Find a Grave by another party.
6. Martha (Patsy) - Married Christopher Hatcher 6 Nov. 1858 in Daviess Co. KY.
7. Charlotte - Married Joseph Bradley. On the 1860, 1870 and 1880 Daviess Co. census they had nine children; Hiram, Mary B., Sarah E., America, Joseph F., Junius?, James R., Martha and Nancy. On the 1900 census Joseph was widowed and living in Modesto, CA.
8. Enoch - Enoch, 29, of Daviess Co., married Eva Brodies, 23, born in Mercer Co. KY. Married in Garrard Co. KY 14 Sept. 1869. Geo. W. Onstott Bondsman. Enoch buried in Rosehill Elmwood Cemetery in Daviess Co. Posted on Find a Grave by another party.
9. Mary A. - Mary, age 17, married Nathaniel Street, age 22, of Boyle Co. KY, born in MO. Married in Garrard Co. KY 8 Oct. 1861.
10. Winfield - See Below.
Zachariah Ray (1760 - 1838)
Mary Benge Ray (____ - 1830)
Malinda Barker Ray*
Zachariah Ray (1831 - 1917)*
Ann Ray Collier (1833 - 1910)*
Winfield Scott Ray (1836 - 1920)*
William Ray (____ - 1849)*
Michael Ray (1792 - 1875)*
Hezekiah Ray (1803 - 1875)
Created by: Lyman Foster Reynolds
Record added: Jan 29, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 84170653
Rest in peace - 1st cousin 6x removed of Karen Scott.|
Added: Jul. 21, 2012