|Birth: ||unknown, England|
William Baugh, Jr. emigrated to Virginia from London in 1668 and was living with his father, William Baugh, Sr. The evidence of his probable migration year is confirmed below.
On 16 Jan 1668, William Baugh, Sr. received a headright grant of 577 acres alongside John Baugh's (his brother) 1638 and 1645 land grants for the transportation of 12 persons, including his son, William Baugh, Jr. This acreage was located in Henrico Co., VA, south side (South of the James River), on the north side of the Appomattox River near Ashton's Creek (see attached map-land located near Ashton's Creek and John Baugh's land). (VA, Land Patent Bk. "6", p5)
William Baugh, Jr.'s English mother is unknown. His marital status prior to emigrating to VA is also unknown although it can be assumed he was old enough, probably in his 30s or 40s, to have been married prior to arriving in Virginia. He married the widow, Jane (Hatcher) Branch, about 1661 as her second husband. The William Hatcher and William Baugh, Sr. plantations were located close together on the Appomattox River (see attached map).
William Baugh, Jr.'s death date prior to August 1678 is shown by an Henrico Co., VA Orphan's Court record of August 1678, in which Abell Gower (third husband of Jane Hatcher) gives an account of cattle belonging to his step children, Mary and Priscilla Baugh, orphans of Mr. William Baugh (Jr.), deceased (2nd husband of Jane Hatcher), and of William and John Branch, orphans of Mr. William Branch, deceased (1st husband of Jane Hatcher). (This indicates that the third husband (Abell Gower) of Jane (Hatcher) Branch, Baugh, Gower states that the children of her first husband (William Branch, deceased) are William and John Branch. It also indicates that the children of Jane and her second husband (William Baugh, Jr. deceased) are Mary and Priscilla Baugh.
The children of William and Jane (Hatcher) Baugh, Jr. were:
1) John Baugh b. Abt. 1661 in Henrico Co., VA
2) Mary Baugh b. Abt. 1662 in Henrico Co., VA, d. Abt. 1710, m. Henry Ayscough
3) Katherine Baugh b. 1663 in Henrico Co., VA
4) Priscilla Baugh b. Abt. 1664 in Henrico Co., VA., d. 1706 in Farrars Island, Henrico Co., VA
5) James Baugh b 1665 in Henrico Co., VA
6) Thomas Baugh b. 1667 in Henrico Co., VA
7) William Baugh III b. Abt. 1668 Henrico Co., VA, d. 1676 Henrico Co., VA.
William Baugh, Jr. predeceased his father, William Baugh, Sr., and is buried in an unknown location in Henrico Co., VA.
1) "Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5" by John Frederick Dorman, 4th Ed., Vol. 1, 2007, pp367,729,930.
2) "Colonial Wills of Henrico County, Virginia" Part I, 1654-1737, by Benjamin B. Weisiger III, 1976, pp17,22.
3) "The Farrar's Island Family and Its English Ancestry" by Alvahn Holmes, 1972, p146.
Bio by Gresham Farrar.
William Baugh (1610 - 1678)
Jane Hatcher Branch (1640 - 1710)*
Priscilla Baugh Farrar (1664 - 1706)*
William Baugh (1668 - 1678)*
William Baugh (____ - 1676)
Specifically: Location of burial is unknown at this time.
Maintained by: Gresham Farrar
Originally Created by: Georgia Girl
Record added: Mar 05, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 106210255