Priscilla Baugh was the daughter of William Baugh, Jr. and Jane Hatcher. She married William Farrar III about 1680 and resided on Farrar's Island, Henrico Co., VA (see accompanying map for the location of Farrar's Island).
Priscilla Baugh's family descended from the Baughs of Twining, Worcestershire, England. Early genealogical literature of the Baugh family mistakenly listed "Col. William Byrd" as her grandfather. Her grandfather, Col. William Baugh, Sr., was a sheriff of Henrico Co., VA and in 1656 and 1669 a justice of the peace. He patented 577 acres in Henrico Co., VA, south side, on the north side of the Appomattox River; will proved Henrico Co., April 1687.
Henrico Co, VA Records, 1677-92, p 157: William Farrar's marriage to Priscilla Baugh evidently occurred between June 1679 and 01 April 1681, for on the latter date William Baugh, Sr. made a deed to further define a tract of land on the Appomattox, adjoining William Lockett, which he had transferred to his granddaughter Priscilla Baugh, 01 June 1679, "now wife of William Farrar."
A later deed, dated 02 Apr 1683, from William Farrar III and Priscilla, his wife ("late Priscilla Baugh") conveying to "Thomas Lockett a tract of land on the Appomattox River, formally deeded by Mr. William Baugh (Sr.) to William Baugh (III), his grandson, 06 Dec 1668 and since confirmed by gift of said William Baugh to said Priscilla Baugh ("now wife of William Farrar") and sister of the grandson, William Baugh (III)."
Priscilla was the mother-in-law of the aunt of POTUS Thomas Jefferson through her son, George Farrar.
The children of William and Priscilla (Baugh) Farrar III were:
1) William Farrar IV b. 1683 Farrar's Island, d. 19 Jun 1744 Goochland Co., VA
2) Abell Farrar b. Farrar's Island, Henrico Co., VA
3) Priscilla Farrar b. Farrar's Island, Henrico Co., VA. Her grandmother's, Jane Gower, will dated Jan. 1710 bequeathed "a silver porringer" to her.
4) George Farrar b. 1695 Farrar's Island, d. 16 Mar 1772 Mecklenburg Co., VA, m. 1717/18 Judith Jefferson (aunt of POTUS Thomas Jefferson) at Mecklenburg Co., VA
Priscilla died on Farrar's Island and is buried in a presently unknown grave site.
1) "The Farrar's Island Family" by Alvahn Holmes, 1972
2) "Some Farrar's Island Descendants" by Alvahn Holmes, 1979, p57
3) "The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography", Vol. VIII, p425
4) "Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5" by John Frederick Dorman, Vol. I, 4th Ed., 2004
Bio by Gresham Farrar.
William Baugh (____ - 1678)
Jane Hatcher Branch (1640 - 1710)
William Farrar (1657 - 1721)
William Farrar (1683 - 1744)*
George Farrar (1695 - 1772)*
Specifically: Location of burial is unknown at this time.
Maintained by: Gresham Farrar
Originally Created by: Georgia Girl
Record added: Mar 05, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 106210035