|Birth: ||Nov. 15, 1911|
South Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Feb. 24, 2008|
- RICHBURG -- The funeral for Mrs. Luella Hill Beatty of 110 Circle Drive was conducted at 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28, at Loving Charity Baptist Church. The Rev. George C. Mackey officiated, the Rev. W.J. Baxter Sr. delivered the eulogy and the Rev. William Abell, the Rev. Dennis Jackson and the Rev. Charlie McCullough Jr. assisted. Burial followed in the church cemetery.
- Mrs. Beatty, 96, died Sunday, Feb. 24, 2008, at the home of her granddaughter, Nancy Beatty.
- Born in Chester County on Nov. 15, 1911, she was a daughter of the late James "Jim" Hill and Mary Stevenson Hill. A member of Loving Charity Baptist Church, where she was the oldest member, Mrs. Beatty was a former member of of Rossville AME Zion Church, which she joined at an early age.
- Survivors include two sons, Odell Beatty of Richburg and William Beatty and his wife, Mamie, of Rock Hill; four daughters, Elizabeth Crockett, Catherine Greene and Susie Gist, all of Richburg, and Elizabeth Crane of Great Falls; her caregivers and granddaughters, Nancy Beatty, Dorothy McCullough and her husband, Charlie Sr., Joann Stroud and Cathy McCrorey, all of Richburg; four grandchildren she raised, Michelle Dye and her husband, Tracy, Ronald Brown Sr. and his wife, Tomeika, and LaQuinton McCrorey, all of Richburg, and Lovette "Bea" Howze and her husband, Jeremy, of Fort Lawn; 64 grandchildren; and a host of great-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren and great-great-great-grandchildren.
- She was preceded in death by her husband, Robert Beatty; four sons, Willie T. Hill, Robert Beatty Jr., Theodore Beatty and McArthur Beatty; and seven daughters, Eliza Beatty, Estelle Beatty, Sarah Harris, Viola Stewart, Mae Lillie McCrorey, Lula Bell Hill and Delores Brown.
- King's Funeral Home, 135 Cemetery St., Chester, was in charge of arrangements.
Elizabeth Beatty Crockett (1927 - 2011)*
Love and Charity Baptist Church Cemetery
South Carolina, USA
Created by: Rick and Kathy Wright
Record added: Jan 10, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 64010534